치솟는 연료와 식품 가격이 미얀마의 취약계층을 강타했어요 > 사회

본문 바로가기

사회

치솟는 연료와 식품 가격이 미얀마의 취약계층을 강타했어요
Soaring Fuel, Food Prices Hitting the Vulnerable in Myanmar

페이지 정보

작성자 VOA News 작성일 21-10-09 00:48 댓글 0

본문

FILE - Workers count Myanmar's kyat banknotes at the office of a local bank in Yangon, April 2, 2012.

파일 - 근로자들이 2012년 4월 2일 양곤의 한 지방 은행 사무실에서 미얀마의 캬트 지폐를 세고 있습니다.
 FILE - Workers count Myanmar's kyat banknotes at the office of a local bank in Yangon, April 2, 2012.

미얀마 양곤입니다.
YANGON, MYANMAR —

미얀마의 통화 가치인 카얏의 전례 없는 폭락으로 주요 수입품 가격이 상승하면서 자동차 연료에서 식용유에 이르는 기본적인 상품들이 많은 일반 시민들의 손이 닿지 않는 곳에 놓였습니다.
An unprecedented plunge in the value of Myanmar’s currency, the kyat, has driven up the prices of key imported commodities, placing basic commodities ranging from auto fuel to cooking oil beyond the reach of many ordinary citizens.

달러 환율은 9월 마지막 주 동안 특별한 변동성을 보였는데, 당시 미국 통화의 수요 급증으로 달러 대비 환율이 2월 1일 쿠데타 이전의 거의 두 배인 약 2,700 Kyat로 사상 최고치를 기록했습니다.
The dollar exchange rate showed particular volatility during the last week of September, when surging demand for the American currency pushed the rate to a record high of about 2,700 kyats to the dollar – almost double the rate before the Feb. 1 coup.

그 이후 연료 및 수입품, 특히 식용유 가격이 50% 가까이 상승하여 쌀 수출업자와 상인, 식용유 수입업자, 식료품상 등 VOA에 문의한 현지 기업인들의 탄식이 터져나왔습니다.
Since then, the prices of fuel and imported commodities, especially cooking oil, have risen by nearly 50%, prompting laments from local businessmen who spoke to VOA, including rice exporters and merchants, importers of cooking oil and grocery dealers.

양곤 택시 운전사들이 특히 큰 타격을 입었습니다. 많은 사람들이 연료를 살 여유가 없기 때문에 운전을 중단했고 일부는 VOA에 가격이 떨어지지 않으면 사업을 완전히 그만둘 것이라고 말합니다.
Yangon taxi drivers have been particularly hard hit. Many have stopped driving because they cannot afford fuel and some tell VOA they will quit the business entirely if the price does not drop.

택시를 운전한 지 40년 만에 최악의 상황입니다," 라고 양곤의 북다곤 타운십에 사는 53세의 택시 운전사 알 도 씨가 말했습니다. 9월 이전에, Al Doe는 하루에 30,000 Kyat을 벌었고 그 중 6,000 Kyat을 연료로 사용했습니다.
“It is the worst situation I have ever had in 40 years of driving a taxi,” said Al Doe, a 53-year-old taxi driver in Yangon’s North Dagon township. Before September, Al Doe earned 30,000 kyats per day and spent 6,000 kyats of that for fuel.

저는 하루에 연료비로 2만 Kyat를 쓰지만, 3만 Kyat밖에 벌지 못합니다. 만약 제가 제 차 주인에게 10,000 킬로미터를 지불해야 한다면, 저는 아무것도 얻지 못할 것입니다. 하지만 주인이 요즘 집세를 요구하지 않기 때문에 저는 여전히 살아남을 수 있습니다," 라고 세 아이의 아버지가 VOA에 말했습니다.
“Now I spend 20,000 kyats for fuel a day, but earn only 30,000 kyats. If I had to pay 10,000 kyats to my [car] owner, I would get nothing. But I can still survive because my owner does not ask for rent during these days,” the father of three children told VOA.

쿠데타 전에 휘발유나 디젤 연료 1리터의 가격은 700kyat였습니다. 현재, 그것은 1,500 킬로바이트 이상으로 치솟았습니다. 하지만 운전자들은 승객들에게 더 많은 돈을 요구할 수 없다고 말했고, 이로 인해 연료비와 소유주 요금을 지불할 수 없게 되었습니다.
Before the coup, the price of a liter of gasoline or diesel fuel was around 700 kyats. Now, it has soared to over 1,500 kyats. But drivers said they cannot ask for more money from passengers, which leaves them unable to pay the cost of fuel and owner fees.

잦은 폭탄 폭발로 양곤에서 운전하는 것도 위험해요. 어느 누구도 충분한 수입을 얻지 못한 채 위험을 무릅쓰고 일하고 싶어하지 않습니다,"라고 쿠데타 이후 실직했을 때 택시 운전으로 눈을 돌렸던 전직 언론인 민 와던은 말했습니다.
"Driving around in Yangon is also dangerous because of frequent bomb blasts. No one wants to work at risk without getting enough income," said Min Wathan, a former journalist who turned to driving a taxi when he lost job after the coup.

식품 유통업자들은 달러 환율의 상승으로 식품 수입 비용이 20-50% 상승했다고 말합니다. 특히, 미얀마 측정 단위인 약 1.6 킬로그램에 해당하는 비스라고 불리는 식용유 가격이 며칠 만에 거의 세 배로 올랐습니다.
Food distributors say the rise in the dollar exchange rate has boosted the cost of food imports by 20% to 50%. In particular, the price of cooking oil – sold by a Myanmar unit of measurement called the viss that is equal to about 1.6 kilograms – almost tripled within a few days.

식용유 가격은 미국 달러당 1,150Kyat로 한 컵에 2,000Kyat 정도였습니다. 현재 그것은 약 6,000 킬로야트에 달했습니다. 식용유 판매 사상 이렇게 높은 상승률을 보인 것은 처음입니다."라고 만달레이 지역의 aw웨 지역의 소매업자이자 도매상인 탄 민트가 말했습니다.
"The cooking oil price was around 2,000 kyats per viss at 1,150 kyats per U.S. dollar. Now it has reached around 6,000 kyats. This is the first time in history of cooking oil sales that we have ever heard of such a high rise,” said Than Than Myint, a retailer and wholesaler in Pyawbwe township of Mandalay region.

미얀마 수도의 한 마을에 사는 52세의 가정주부 Than Htay는 VOA에 그녀의 집에 5명의 가족이 있다고 말했습니다. 남편과 장남은 공무원입니다. 나머지 세 명은 실업자예요. 식품과 상품이 두 배로 증가하고 있기 때문에 월 40만 킬로바이트의 매우 낮은 수입으로 어떻게 비용을 감당해야 할지 모르겠습니다."
Than Htay, a 52-year-old housewife in a township of Myanmar’s capital, told VOA there are five family members in her household. “My husband and eldest son are civil servants. The other three are unemployed. I don’t know how to manage to cover our expenses with a very low monthly income of 400,000 kyats as food and goods are doubling.”

FILE - People line up outside a bank to withdraw cash, in Yangon, Myanmar, May 13, 2021.

파일 - 5월 미얀마 양곤에서 사람들이 현금을 인출하기 위해 은행 밖에 줄을 서 있습니다.
 FILE - People line up outside a bank to withdraw cash, in Yangon, Myanmar, May 13, 2021.

"이 어려운 시기에 다른 사람들에게 돈을 빌리는 것은 쉽지 않습니다,"라고 그녀는 덧붙였습니다.
“It is not easy to borrow money from others in this difficult time,” she added.

37세의 노동운동가인 Nwe Yee Win은 쿠데타 이후 공장 폐쇄로 직장을 잃은 의류 노동자입니다.
Nwe Yee Win, a 37-year-old labor activist, is a garment worker who lost her job because of the closure of her factory after the coup.

실업자가 된 이후로, 저는 돈 쓰는 것에 매우 신중합니다. 어제[10월 3일] 시장에 갔다가 깜짝 놀랐어요. 모든 것이 매우 비쌉니다. 9월에는 감자 한 병당 1,200 킬로야트였습니다. 이제 한 잔에 2,000 킬로야트가 듭니다," 라고 그녀가 말했습니다.
“Since I became jobless, I am very careful about spending money. I was shocked when I went to market yesterday [Oct. 3]. Everything is very expensive. It was 1,200 kyats for one viss of potatoes in September. Now it costs 2,000 kyats for one viss,” she said.

"저는 제 남편의 일당으로 의존하고 있습니다. 그의 일은 최근에 끝났습니다. 집세 낼 돈도 없어요. 우리는 이미 대유행과 쿠데타에 의해 심각하게 영향을 받았습니다. 저는 이런 끔찍한 상황에서 어떻게 배고픔을 피할 수 있을지 모르겠어요," 라고 Nwe Yee Win이 말했습니다.
“I depend on my husband’s daily wages. His job has recently ended. We don’t have enough money even to pay for the house rent. We have already been seriously affected by pandemic and the coup. I have no idea how to avoid hunger under such terrible situation,” Nwe Yee Win said.

Kyat의 평가절하는 도시 인구뿐만 아니라 전국 인구의 70%를 차지하는 농촌의 농부들을 괴롭혔습니다. 비료 가격 상승은 농부들에게 직접적인 영향을 미치고 있습니다. 펄 브랜드 비료 한 봉지의 가격은 1주일 만에 65,000 킬로 킷에서 79,000 킬로 킷으로 올랐습니다.
The kyat’s devaluation has distressed not only the urban population, but also farmers in rural areas, who represent 70% of the country’s population. Rising fertilizer prices are directly affecting farmers. The price of a bag of Pearl brand fertilizer rose from 65,000 kyats to 79,000 kyats in just a week.

현재 휘발유값으로 인해 수확기 대여료가 2배로 인상됩니다. 우리는 현재의 상황에 실망했습니다," 라고 매그웨이의 마잉 타운에 있는 그의 8헥타르의 땅에서 쌀과 깨를 재배하는 농부인 민트 여사가 말했습니다.
“The rental price for harvesting machines will double because of the current gasoline price. We are disappointed with current situation,” said Kyi Myint, a farmer who grows rice and sesame on his 8 hectares of land in Magway’s Myaing township.

재료, 장비, 수확에 더 많은 돈을 쓰지만 농부들은 농작물에 대한 좋은 가격을 보장받지 못한다고 민트 여사는 덧붙였습니다.
Despite spending more money for materials, equipment and harvesting, farmers are not guaranteed a good price for their crops, Kyi Myint added.

군사정부 대변인 Zaw Min Tun은 9월 30일 기자회견에서 치솟는 물가에 대해 "최상의 해결책을 찾기 위해 모든 노력을 기울이고 있다"고 말했습니다.
Junta spokesperson General Zaw Min Tun told a Sept. 30 press conference that “all efforts are being made to find the best solution” to the surging prices.

"우리는 우리 시대의 달러와 금값 상승에 대처할 책임이 있습니다. 비록 완벽하지는 않겠지만, 우리는 최선의 방법으로 대처하려고 노력할 것입니다," 라고 그가 말했습니다.
"We have a responsibility to deal with the rising dollar and gold prices in our time. We will try to deal with it the best way although it may not be perfect," he said.

10월 3일, 군사정권의 중앙은행은 수출업자들이 그들의 외화 계좌에 수출 수익을 30일 동안만 보관하도록 허용하라는 명령을 내렸습니다.
On Oct. 3, the junta’s central bank issued a directive that exporters will be allowed to keep export earnings in their foreign currency accounts for only 30 days.

"이번 조치는 국가의 외환 문제에 대한 단기적인 해결책일 뿐입니다."라고 익명을 요구한 양곤의 한 지역 사업가가 VOA에 말했습니다.
“The move was only a short-term solution to the country’s foreign exchange problems,” a local businessman in Yangon who did not want to be named told VOA.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.