눈길을 끄는 스타일로 유명한 패션 아이콘 아이리스 에이펠, 102세에 사망 > 정치

본문 바로가기

정치

눈길을 끄는 스타일로 유명한 패션 아이콘 아이리스 에이펠, 102세에 사망
Iris Apfel, Fashion Icon Known for Her Eye-Catching Style, Dies at 102

페이지 정보

작성자 By Associated Press 작성일 24-03-02 01:01 댓글 0

본문

FILE - Iris Apfel attends the premiere of 'Iris' at the Paris Theatre on April 22, 2015, in New York.

파일 - 아이리스는 2015년 4월 22일 파리 극장에서 '아이리스'의 '아이리스'에 참석한다.
 FILE - Iris Apfel attends the premiere of 'Iris' at the Paris Theatre on April 22, 2015, in New York.

뉴욕 -
NEW YORK —

괴짜 스타일로 유명한 섬유 전문가이자 인테리어 디자이너이자 패션 유명인사인 아이리스 에이펠이 사망했습니다. 그녀는 102세였습니다.
Iris Apfel, a textile expert, interior designer and fashion celebrity known for her eccentric style, has died. She was 102.

그녀의 죽음은 그녀의 상업적 에이전트인 로리 세일(Lori Sale)에 의해 확인되었으며, 그는 에이펠을 "비범하다"고 불렀습니다. 사망 원인은 밝혀지지 않았습니다. 또한 하루 전인 금요일에 확인된 인스타그램 페이지(Instagram page)에서 리프 데이(Leap Day)가 그녀의 102세 반 생일을 기념한다고 발표되었습니다.
Her death was confirmed by her commercial agent, Lori Sale, who called Apfel "extraordinary." No cause of death was given. It was also announced on her verified Instagram page on Friday, which a day earlier had celebrated that Leap Day represented her 102nd-and-a-half birthday.

1921년 8월 29일에 태어난 에이펠은 오트쿠튀르와 오버사이즈 의상의 주얼리를 혼합한 불손하고 눈길을 끄는 의상으로 유명했습니다. 예를 들어, 전형적인 에이펠 룩은 깃털 보아와 청키한 구슬, 뱅글, 그리고 북미 원주민 구슬 세공으로 장식된 재킷과 짝을 이룹니다.
Born Aug. 29, 1921, Apfel was famous for her irreverent, eye-catching outfits, mixing haute couture and oversized costume jewelry. A classic Apfel look would, for instance, pair a feather boa with strands of chunky beads, bangles and a jacket decorated with Native American beadwork.

크고 동그랗고 검은 테의 안경, 밝은 빨간 립스틱과 짧은 흰 머리를 한 그녀는 참석한 패션쇼마다 눈에 띄었습니다.
With her big, round, black-rimmed glasses, bright red lipstick and short white hair, she stood out at every fashion show she attended.

그녀의 스타일은 박물관 전시물과 앨버트 메이슬스 감독의 다큐멘터리 영화 아이리스의 주제였습니다.
Her style was the subject of museum exhibits and a documentary film, Iris, directed by Albert Maysles.

"저는 예쁘지도 않고 절대 예쁘지 않을 거예요, 하지만 그건 중요하지 않아요," 라고 그녀가 예전에 말했습니다. "저는 훨씬 더 나은 것이 있어요. 저는 스타일이 있어요."
"I'm not pretty, and I'll never be pretty, but it doesn't matter," she once said. "I have something much better. I have style."

에이펠은 인스타그램에서 거의 300만 명의 팔로워를 모으며 소셜 미디어에서 말년의 명성을 누렸고, 그녀의 프로필은 "More is more & Less is a Bore"라고 선언합니다. 틱톡에서 그녀는 패션과 스타일에 현명한 왁스를 바르고 최근의 협업을 홍보하면서 215,000명의 팔로워를 모았습니다.
Apfel enjoyed late-in-life fame on social media, amassing nearly 3 million followers on Instagram, where her profile declares: "More is more & Less is a Bore." On TikTok, she drew 215,000 followers as she waxed wise on things fashion and style and promoted recent collaborations.

"스타일리스트가 되는 것과 유행하는 것은 완전히 다른 것입니다," 라고 그녀가 한 틱톡 비디오에서 말했습니다. "당신은 쉽게 유행하는 길을 살 수 있습니다. 스타일, 제 생각에 당신의 DNA에 있습니다. 그것은 독창성과 용기를 암시합니다."
"Being stylish and being fashionable are two entirely different things," she said in one TikTok video. "You can easily buy your way into being fashionable. Style, I think is in your DNA. It implies originality and courage."

FILE - Auteur of Style honoree Iris Apfel attends The Fashion Group International's Night of Stars Gala at Cipriani Wall Street in New York.

파일 - 패션계의 거장 Iris Apfel이 뉴욕 Cipriani Wall Street에서 열린 The Fashion Group International's Night of Stars Gala에 참석합니다.
 FILE - Auteur of Style honoree Iris Apfel attends The Fashion Group International's Night of Stars Gala at Cipriani Wall Street in New York.

그녀는 결코 은퇴하지 않았고, 투데이에 다음과 같이 말했습니다: "저는 어떤 나이에 은퇴하는 것이 죽음보다 더 나쁜 운명이라고 생각합니다. 숫자가 나온다고 해서 그만두어야 하는 것은 아닙니다."
She never retired, telling Today: "I think retiring at any age is a fate worse than death. Just because a number comes up doesn't mean you have to stop."

"그녀와 함께 일하는 것은 일생의 영광이었습니다. 저는 항상 "오늘 저를 위해 무엇을 준비하셨나요?"라는 익숙한 질문과 함께 그녀의 매일 전화를 그리워할 것입니다."라고 세일은 성명서에서 말했습니다. "일하려는 그녀의 충족되지 않는 열망에 대한 증언입니다. 그녀는 단어의 모든 면에서 선견지명자였습니다. 그녀는 코 위에 있는 거대하고 독특한 안경으로 장식된 독특한 렌즈를 통해 세상을 보았습니다."
"Working alongside her was the honor of a lifetime. I will miss her daily calls, always greeted with the familiar question: "What have you got for me today?" Sale said in a statement. "Testament to her insatiable desire to work. She was a visionary in every sense of the word. She saw the world through a unique lens – one adorned with giant, distinctive spectacles that sat atop her nose."

에이펠은 직물과 골동품 직물에 관한 전문가였습니다. 그녀와 그녀의 남편 칼은 직물 제조 회사인 구세계 직공을 소유하고 있었고, 여섯 명의 다른 미국 대통령 밑에서 백악관의 프로젝트를 포함한 복원 작업을 전문으로 했습니다. 에이펠의 유명인 고객은 에스티 로더와 그레타 가르보를 포함했습니다.
Apfel was an expert on textiles and antique fabrics. She and her husband, Carl, owned a textile manufacturing company, Old World Weavers, and specialized in restoration work, including projects at the White House under six different U.S. presidents. Apfel's celebrity clients included Estee Lauder and Greta Garbo.

에이펠의 명성은 2005년 뉴욕시에 있는 메트로폴리탄 미술관(Metropolitan Museum's Course Institute)에서 라틴어로 "희귀한 새"를 뜻하는 Rara Avis라고 불리는 그녀에 대한 쇼를 주최하면서 폭발했습니다. 박물관은 그녀의 스타일을 "재치 있고 활기차게 특이하다"고 묘사했습니다
Apfel's own fame blew up in 2005 when the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City hosted a show about her called Rara Avis, Latin for "rare bird." The museum described her style as "both witty and exuberantly idiosyncratic."

그녀의 독창성은 전형적으로 디올 오트쿠튀르와 벼룩시장의 발견물, 19세기 기독교적인 조끼와 돌체앤가바나 도마뱀 바지를 혼합한 것에서 드러납니다. 박물관은 그녀의 "층층층적인 조합"은 "미학적 관습"을 무시했고 "심지어 그것들의 가장 극단적이고 바로크에서도"는 "대담하게 그래픽적인 현대성"을 나타냈다고 말했습니다
"Her originality is typically revealed in her mixing of high and low fashions — Dior haute couture with flea market finds, 19th-century ecclesiastical vestments with Dolce & Gabbana lizard trousers," it said. The museum said her "layered combinations" defied "aesthetic conventions" and "even at their most extreme and baroque" represented a "boldly graphic modernity."

메사추세츠 주 살렘에 있는 피바디 에섹스 박물관은 순회 공연을 개최한 미국 전역의 여러 박물관 중 하나였습니다. 에이펠은 나중에 그녀가 "멋진 패션 컬렉션"이라고 부르는 것을 만드는 것을 돕기 위해 쿠튀르 가운을 포함한 수백 점을 피바디에 기증하기로 결정했습니다. 플로리다 팜 비치에 있는 에이펠의 겨울 집 근처에 있는 패션 & 라이프 스타일 박물관도 에이펠의 컬렉션 물품을 전시하는 전용 갤러리를 계획하고 있습니다.
The Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts, was one of several museums around the country that hosted a traveling version of the show. Apfel later decided to donate hundreds of pieces to the Peabody — including couture gowns — to help them build what she termed "a fabulous fashion collection." The Museum of Fashion & Lifestyle near Apfel's winter home in Palm Beach, Florida, also plans a gallery dedicated to displaying items from Apfel's collection.

에이펠은 뉴욕에서 사무엘과 새디 배럴 사이에서 태어났습니다. 그녀의 어머니는 부티크를 소유하고 있었습니다.
Apfel was born in New York City to Samuel and Sadye Barrel. Her mother owned a boutique.

말년에 에이펠의 명성은 M.A.C. 화장품과 케이트 스페이드와 같은 브랜드의 광고에 등장했습니다. 그녀는 또한 홈쇼핑 네트워크를 위한 액세서리와 보석류를 디자인했고, H&M과 함께 밝은 색상의 의류, 보석류, 신발의 매진된 분 단위 컬렉션에 협력했으며, 제니와 함께 안경 컬렉션인 시어터 런던과 함께 메이크업 라인을 출시하고 바닥 커버에 러거블과 파트너십을 맺었습니다.
Apfel's fame in her later years included appearances in ads for brands like M.A.C. cosmetics and Kate Spade. She also designed a line of accessories and jewelry for Home Shopping Network, collaborated with H&M on a sold-out-in-minutes collection of brightly-colored apparel, jewelry and shoes, put out a makeup line with Ciaté London, an eyeglass collection with Zenni and partnered with Ruggable on floor coverings.

95세의 2017년 AP와의 인터뷰에서, 그녀는 그녀가 가장 좋아하는 현대 디자이너들은 랄프 루치, 이사벨 톨레도, 그리고 내엠 칸을 포함한다고 말했지만, "저는 너무 많은 것을 가지고 있습니다. 저는 찾아가지 않습니다"라고 덧붙였습니다. 패션 조언을 구했을 때, 그녀는 말했습니다: "모든 사람들은 그녀만의 길을 찾아야 합니다. 저는 개성을 위한 훌륭한 사람입니다. 저는 유행을 좋아하지 않습니다. 여러분이 누구인지, 여러분이 어떻게 생겼는지, 그리고 여러분이 다룰 수 있는 것을 배우면, 여러분은 무엇을 해야 할지를 알 수 있을 것입니다."
In a 2017 interview with AP at age 95, she said her favorite contemporary designers included Ralph Rucci, Isabel Toledo and Naeem Khan, but added: "I have so much, I don't go looking." Asked for her fashion advice, she said: "Everybody should find her own way. I'm a great one for individuality. I don't like trends. If you get to learn who you are and what you look like and what you can handle, you'll know what to do."

그녀는 자신을 "우연한 아이콘"이라고 불렀고, 이 아이콘은 2018년에 자신의 기념품과 스타일에 대한 생각으로 가득 찬 책의 제목이 되었습니다. 송가는 그녀와 비슷한 바비 인형부터 티셔츠, 안경, 예술품, 인형까지 풍부합니다.
She called herself the "accidental icon," which became the title of a book she published in 2018 filled with her mementos and style musings. Odes to Apfel are abundant, from a Barbie in her likeness to T-shirts, glasses, artwork and dolls.

에이펠의 남편은 2015년에 죽었습니다. 그들은 아이가 없었습니다.
Apfel's husband died in 2015. They had no children.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.