싱어송라이터 데이비드 크로스비가 81세에 사망했습니다 > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

싱어송라이터 데이비드 크로스비가 81세에 사망했습니다
Singer-songwriter David Crosby Dies at 81

페이지 정보

작성자 Reuters 작성일 23-01-19 20:05 댓글 0

본문

FILE - David Crosby performs at Glastonbury Festival in England, June 27, 2009. Crosby, the brash troubadour of folk-rock music, has died at age 81. His death was reported Jan. 19, 2023, by multiple outlets.

파일 - David Crosby는 2009년 6월 27일 영국 Glastonbury Festival에서 공연합니다. 포크 록 음악의 대담한 트러바두르인 크로스비가 81세의 나이로 사망했습니다. 그의 죽음은 2023년 1월 19일 복수의 매체에 의해 보도되었습니다.
 FILE - David Crosby performs at Glastonbury Festival in England, June 27, 2009. Crosby, the brash troubadour of folk-rock music, has died at age 81. His death was reported Jan. 19, 2023, by multiple outlets.

버라이어티는 크로스비의 아내의 말을 인용해 1960년대와 70년대 버즈 앤 크로스비, 스틸스, 내쉬 앤 영과 함께 가장 영향력 있는 록 가수 중 한 명이었던 데이비드 크로스비가 81세의 나이로 사망했다고 목요일 보도했습니다.
David Crosby, one of the most influential rock singers of the 1960s and '70s with the Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, has died at age 81, Variety reported Thursday, citing a statement from Crosby's wife.

버라이어티는 성명에서 그의 아내 얀 댄스의 말을 인용해 "우리가 사랑하는 데이비드(크로즈) 크로스비가 오랜 투병 끝에 세상을 떠난 것은 큰 슬픔"이라고 말했습니다.
"It is with great sadness after a long illness, that our beloved David (Croz) Crosby has passed away," Variety quoted his wife, Jan Dance, as saying in the statement.

크로스비의 영국 주재 대표들은 로이터 통신의 논평을 위해 즉시 연락을 취할 수 없었습니다.
Crosby's UK-based representatives could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters.

크로스비는 두 개의 존경받는 록 밴드의 창립 멤버였습니다. 컨트리와 포크에 영향을 받은 버드는 히트곡 "에잇 마일즈 하이"를 공동 작곡했고, 우드스톡 세대의 음악의 부드러운 면을 정의한 CSNY입니다. 그는 두 그룹의 일원으로 로큰롤 명예의 전당에 헌액되었습니다.
Crosby was a founding member of two revered rock bands: the country- and folk-influenced Byrds, for whom he co-wrote the hit "Eight Miles High," and CSNY, who defined the smooth side of the Woodstock generation's music. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of both groups.

FILE - From left, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, David Crosby and Neil Young sing Young's

파일 - 왼쪽부터 스티븐 스틸스, 그레이엄 내쉬, 데이비드 크로스비, 닐 영이 2월 로스앤젤레스에서 열린 콘서트에서 영의 "서던 맨"을 부르고 있습니다
 FILE - From left, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, David Crosby and Neil Young sing Young's "Southern Man" during a concert in Los Angeles, Feb 12, 2000.

음악적으로, 크로스비는 복잡한 보컬 하모니, 기타의 비정통적인 오픈 튜닝, 날카로운 작곡으로 두각을 나타냈습니다. 버즈와 CSN/CSNY 둘 다와 함께 한 그의 작업은 록과 포크를 새로운 방식으로 혼합했고, 그들의 음악은 히피 시대의 사운드 트랙의 일부가 되었습니다.
Musically, Crosby stood out for his intricate vocal harmonies, unorthodox open tunings on guitar and incisive songwriting. His work with both the Byrds and CSN/CSNY blended rock and folk in new ways, and their music became a part of the soundtrack for the hippie era.

"데이비드 크로스비에 대한 이야기를 듣고 마음이 아픈 것 외에는 뭐라고 말해야 할지 모르겠어요. David은 믿을 수 없는 재능을 가진 가수이자 작곡가였습니다. 그리고 멋진 사람입니다," 라고 비치 보이스의 리더 브라이언 윌슨이 트위터에서 말했습니다.
"I don’t know what to say other than I’m heartbroken to hear about David Crosby. David was an unbelievable talent — such a great singer and songwriter. And a wonderful person," Beach Boys leader Brian Wilson said on Twitter.

개인적으로 크로스비는 "섹스, 마약, 로큰롤"이라는 신조의 구현이었고 2014년 롤링 스톤 잡지 기사는 그를 "록의 가장 가능성 없는 생존자"라고 태그했습니다
Personally, Crosby was the embodiment of the credo "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll," and a 2014 Rolling Stone magazine article tagged him "rock's unlikeliest survivor."

비극, 질병입니다
Tragedies, illnesses

궁극적으로 수십 년의 과잉으로 닳은 간을 대체하기 위한 이식 수술로 이어진 약물 중독 외에도, 그의 떠들썩한 삶은 심각한 오토바이 사고, 여자친구의 죽음, C형 간염과 당뇨병과의 싸움을 포함했습니다.
In addition to drug addictions that ultimately led to a transplant to replace a liver worn out by decades of excess, his tumultuous life included a serious motorcycle accident, the death of a girlfriend, and battles against hepatitis C and diabetes.

크로스비는 2019년 7월 로스앤젤레스 타임스와의 인터뷰에서 "제가 이곳에 있는 시간이 너무 짧다는 것이 걱정되고, 제 자신에게, 적어도 10년 동안, 깊이 화가 나 있습니다,"라며, "저는 그것이 부끄럽습니다,"라고 말했습니다.“
"I’m concerned that the time I’ve got here is so short, and I’m pissed at myself, deeply, for the 10 years — at least — of time that I wasted just getting smashed," Crosby told the Los Angeles Times in July 2019. "I'm ashamed of that."

크로스비는 타임즈에 "인간이 갈 수 있는 한 낮게 떨어졌다"고 말했습니다.
He fell "as low as a human being can go," Crosby told the Times.

그는 또한 최근 몇 년 동안 종종 후회를 표했던 그의 유명한 전 밴드 동료들을 소외시키는 데 성공했습니다.
He also managed to alienate many of his famous former bandmates for which he often expressed remorse in recent years.

그의 마약 습관과 종종 거친 성격은 CSNY의 종말에 기여했고, 결국 멤버들은 서로에게 말을 끊었습니다. 2019년 다큐멘터리 "데이비드 크로스비: 그는 그들이 다시 함께 일할 수 있기를 바란다는 것을 분명히 했지만 다른 사람들은 "정말로, 강하게 나를 싫어한다"고 인정했습니다
His drug habits and often abrasive personality contributed to the demise of CSNY, and the members eventually quit speaking to each other. In the 2019 documentary "David Crosby: Remember My Name," he made clear he hoped they could work together again but conceded the others "really dislike me, strongly."

크로스비는 여섯 명의 아이들을 낳았는데, 두 명은 로커 멜리사 에더리지의 파트너에게 정자를 기증했고, 다른 한 명은 태어날 때 입양되어 30대가 될 때까지 크로스비를 만나지 못했습니다. 그 아들 제임스 레이먼드는 결국 그의 음악적 협력자가 될 것입니다.
Crosby fathered six children — two as a sperm donor to rocker Melissa Etheridge's partner and another who was placed for adoption at birth and did not meet Crosby until he was in his 30s. That son, James Raymond, would eventually become his musical collaborator.

에더리지는 트위터에 두 사람의 사진과 함께 "감사합니다. 데이비드 크로스비 저는 당신이 그리울 것입니다,"라고 말했습니다.
"Thank you @thedavidcrosby I will miss you my friend," Etheridge said on Twitter alongside a photo of the two of them.

격동의 1960년대와 그의 삶을 되돌아보면서, 크로스비는 2006년 타임지와의 인터뷰에서 "우리는 시민의 권리에 대해 옳았습니다. 우리는 인권에 대해 옳았습니다. 우리는 평화가 전쟁보다 낫다는 것에 대해 옳았습니다."라고 말했습니다... 하지만 저는 우리가 마약에 대해 전혀 알지 못했고 그것이 우리를 꽤 세게 물었다고 생각합니다."
Looking back at the turbulent 1960s and his life, Crosby told Time magazine in 2006: "We were right about civil rights; we were right about human rights; we were right about peace being better than war. ... But I think we didn't know our butt from a hole in the ground about drugs and that bit us pretty hard."

FILE - David Crosby and his wife, Jan Dance, arrive for the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, Jan. 26, 2020. Crosby, an influential folk-rock musician of the 1960s and 1970s, has died at 81, media reported on Jan. 19, 2023.

파일 - 데이비드 크로스비와 그의 아내 얀 댄스가 2020년 1월 26일 로스앤젤레스에서 열리는 제62회 그래미상 시상식을 위해 도착합니다. 1960년대와 1970년대의 영향력 있는 포크 록 음악가인 크로스비가 81세로 사망했다고 언론이 1월에 보도했습니다
 FILE - David Crosby and his wife, Jan Dance, arrive for the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, Jan. 26, 2020. Crosby, an influential folk-rock musician of the 1960s and 1970s, has died at 81, media reported on Jan. 19, 2023.

음악은 '즐거웠습니다'
Music was 'joyous'

크로스비는 1941년 8월 14일 로스앤젤레스에서 태어났습니다. 그의 아버지는 1952년에 "하이 정오"로 골든 글로브상을 수상한 촬영 기사였고, 그의 어머니는 그를 포크 그룹인 위버스와 클래식 음악에 노출시켰습니다.
Crosby was born August 14, 1941, in Los Angeles. His father was a cinematographer who won a Golden Globe for "High Noon" in 1952, and his mother exposed him to the Weavers, a folk group, and to classical music.

십대 시절, 크로스비는 음악을 연주하는 것이 "저에게는 정말 즐거웠습니다. 항상 좋아했어요. 저는 항상 그것을 사랑할 것입니다."
As a teenager, Crosby wrote, playing music "was absolutely joyous to me. I always loved it. I always will love it."

뉴욕의 그리니치 빌리지 음악계에서 머문 후, 크로스비는 1963년 캘리포니아로 돌아와 로저 맥기인이 버드를 시작하는 것을 도왔고, 그의 첫 히트곡인 밥 딜런의 "미스터 탬버린 맨"의 커버곡은 1965년에 나왔고, 이어서 "턴! 돌아요! 돌아요!"
After a stay in New York's Greenwich Village music scene, Crosby was back in California in 1963 and helped Roger McGuinn start the Byrds, whose first hit, a cover of Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man," came in 1965, followed by "Turn! Turn! Turn!"

크로스비는 밴드가 그의 노래를 연주하기를 원하지 않았기 때문에 버즈에서 쫓겨났습니다. 그 플래시 포인트는 메니아 아트로이스에 대한 "Triad"였고, 무대 위의 정치적 분노에 대한 논쟁이었습니다.
Crosby was kicked out of the Byrds because the band did not want to play his songs, with the flashpoint being "Triad," about a menage a trois, and disputes over onstage political rants.

닐 영, 버팔로 스프링필드와 밴드가 해체된 크로스비와 스티븐 스틸스는 함께 연주하기 시작했습니다. 1966년에 크로스비를 만나 그의 가장 가까운 협력자이자 더 가까운 친구가 된 홀리스의 그레이엄 내쉬가 그들과 합류했습니다. 그들의 첫 번째 앨범인 "크로스비, 스틸즈 그리고 내쉬"는 1969년에 "마라케시 익스프레스", "스위트: 주디 블루 아이즈" 그리고 "기네비어"와 같은 노래들로 크게 팔렸습니다
Crosby and Stephen Stills, whose band with Neil Young, Buffalo Springfield, had fallen apart, then began playing together. Graham Nash of the Hollies, who met Crosby in 1966 and went on to become his closest collaborator and a closer friend, joined them. Their first album, "Crosby, Stills and Nash," was a big seller in 1969 with such songs as "Marrakesh Express," "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" and "Guinnevere."

기타리스트이자 싱어송라이터인 영은 그 해에 그들과 어울렸고, 크로스비, 스틸스, 내쉬 & 영은 록 역사상 가장 위대한 재능의 혼합물 중 하나로 여겨지게 되었습니다.
Guitarist and singer-songwriter Young fell in with them that year, and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young came to be considered one of the greatest amalgams of talent in rock history.

그들이 함께한 두 번째 공연은 1969년의 랜드마크 우드스톡 음악 축제였고, 1970년 앨범 "Deja Vu"에는 히트곡 "Teach Your Children", "Woodstock"과 크로스비의 대표곡 중 하나인 "Almost Cut My Hair"가 포함되어 있었습니다
Their second performance together was the landmark Woodstock music festival in 1969, and their 1970 album "Deja Vu" contained the hits "Teach Your Children," "Woodstock" and one of Crosby's signature songs, "Almost Cut My Hair."

여자친구의 죽음입니다
Girlfriend's death

CSNY가 이륙하고 있을 때, 크로스비는 1969년 여자친구 크리스틴 힌튼이 교통사고로 사망하면서 약물로 인한 하향곡선에 빠졌습니다.
As CSNY was taking off, Crosby was in a drug-fueled downward spiral caused by the 1969 death of girlfriend Christine Hinton in a car accident.

코카인과 헤로인을 마약 레퍼토리에 추가한 크로스비는 "저는 그것을 처리할 방법이 없었고, 제 인생에서 그 어떤 것도 저를 준비시키지 못했습니다."라고 썼습니다.
"I had no way to deal with that, nothing in my life had prepared me for that," wrote Crosby, who had added cocaine and heroin to his drug repertoire.

다음 10년은 마약 체포, 음반 발매, 여성들의 흐릿한 모습이었습니다. "저는 일부일처제에 관심이 없었습니다. 저는 관련된 모든 사람들에게 그것을 분명히 했습니다. 저는 완전하고 완전한 쾌락을 추구하는 시바라이트였습니다."라고 그는 자서전에 썼습니다.
The next decade was a blur of drug arrests, album releases and women. "I was not into being monogamous — I made that plain to everybody concerned. I was a complete and utter pleasure-seeking sybarite," he wrote in his autobiography.

크로스비는 여자친구와 딸이 하나 있었지만 곧 1978년에 그와 함께 이사한 얀 댄스를 위해 그녀를 떠났습니다. 그 관계는 지속되었고 그들은 1995년에 아들 장고를 낳았습니다.
Crosby had a daughter with a girlfriend but soon left her for Jan Dance, who moved in with him in 1978. That relationship lasted and they had a son, Django, in 1995.

크로스비는 댄스를 헤로인과 코카인을 흡연하는 자유 기반의 방법을 소개했습니다. 그는 "우리는 함께 튜브를 타고 내려갔지만, 우리는 우리의 마음이 얽혀서 그것을 했습니다,"라고 썼습니다.
Crosby introduced Dance to heroin and the free-basing method of smoking cocaine. "We went down the tubes together, but we did it with our hearts intertwined," he wrote.

FILE - David Crosby, right, and Graham Nash perform at the 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert at Madison Square Garden, Oct. 29, 2009, in New York.

파일 - 데이비드 크로스비(오른쪽)와 그레이엄 내쉬가 2009년 10월 29일 뉴욕 매디슨 스퀘어 가든에서 열린 25주년 로큰롤 명예의 전당 콘서트에서 공연하고 있습니다.
 FILE - David Crosby, right, and Graham Nash perform at the 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert at Madison Square Garden, Oct. 29, 2009, in New York.

재활 치료에 몇 번의 실패한 시도가 있었고, 크로스비는 비대하고 불행한 중독자라는 평판을 얻었습니다. 1985년, 내쉬는 롤링 스톤과의 인터뷰에서 "저는 모든 것을 시도했습니다. 극도의 분노, 극도의 동정심. 저는 그와 같은 방에 그의 가장 친한 친구 20명을 데리고 있어요. 저는 그와 어울리기를 시도해 봤어요. 저는 그와 어울리지 않으려고 노력했습니다."
There were several failed attempts at rehab, and Crosby developed a reputation as a bloated, hapless addict. In 1985, Nash told Rolling Stone: "I've tried everything — extreme anger, extreme compassion. I've gotten 20 of his best friends in the same room with him. I've tried hanging out with him. I've tried not hanging out with him."

크로스비는 일련의 마약 혐의를 이겨냈지만 텍사스에서 패배했고 1985년 댈러스의 한 클럽에서 마약 파이프와 총으로 체포돼 감옥에 갔습니다. 감옥 제도는 그가 트레이드마크인 덥수룩한 콧수염을 깎도록 요구했지만, 그는 수감 기간 동안 감옥 밴드에서 연주하는 것에서 위안을 찾았습니다.
Crosby beat a series of drug charges but lost in Texas after being arrested with a drug pipe and gun at a club in Dallas and went to prison in 1985. The prison system required him to shave his trademark bushy mustache, but he found solace in playing in the prison band during his year of incarceration.

직선적으로 연주하고 노래하는 것은 낯선 느낌이었습니다," 라고 그가 썼습니다. "저는 25년 이상 동안 약물이 없는 시스템으로 무대에 오른 적이 없었습니다.“
"Playing and singing straight was an unfamiliar feeling," he wrote. "I hadn't been onstage with a drug-free system in more than 25 years."

석방된 후, 크로스비는 피플 잡지에 자신이 중독을 극복했다고 말했습니다.
After his release, Crosby told People magazine he had beaten his addictions.

"제가 마약으로 했던 것만큼 멀리 간 대부분의 사람들은 죽었습니다," 라고 그가 말했습니다. "강한 약은 누구나 걸 수 있습니다. 당신이 누구든 상관없어요... 저는 마약 박사 학위를 가지고 있습니다."
"Most people who go as far as I did with drugs are dead," he said. "Hard drugs will hook anyone. I don't care who you are. ... I have a Ph.D. in drugs."

그는 또한 2004년 뉴욕에서 총기와 마리화나 혐의로 체포되었습니다.
He was also arrested on gun and marijuana charges in New York in 2004.

그는 2014년 1993년 이후 첫 솔로 앨범인 '크로스'를 발표했지만, 이 음반을 홍보하기 위한 투어는 지난 2월 심장 수술로 중단됐습니다.
In 2014 he released "Croz," his first solo album since 1993, but his tour to promote the record was interrupted in February by heart surgery.

그는 녹음을 계속했고 롤링 스톤에 조언 칼럼을 쓰는 것 외에도 트위터에서 활발한 존재였습니다.
He continued recording and was an active presence on Twitter, in addition to writing an advice column in Rolling Stone.

2021년 3월, 가디언지는 크로스비가 녹음된 음악과 전체 음악 카탈로그의 출판권을 어빙 아조프의 아이코닉 아티스트 그룹에 비공개 금액으로 매각했다고 보도했습니다. 그는 코로나19 범유행으로 콘서트를 할 수 없었고 광범위한 음악 스트리밍 사용이 "돈을 훔쳤다"고 말한 것으로 전해졌습니다
In March 2021, The Guardian reported that Crosby sold the recorded music and publishing rights to his entire music catalog to Irving Azoff's Iconic Artists Group for an undisclosed sum. He was quoted as saying that the COVID-19 pandemic prevented him from playing concerts and that the widespread use of music streaming "stole my money."

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.