24세의 팔레스타인 사진작가가 최연소 저널리즘상 수상자예요 > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

24세의 팔레스타인 사진작가가 최연소 저널리즘상 수상자예요
At 24, Palestinian Photographer Is Youngest Winner of Journalism Award

페이지 정보

작성자 Esha Sarai 작성일 21-10-04 14:42 댓글 0

본문

At 24, Fatima Shbair is the youngest woman to win the International Women's Media Foundation's Courage in Photojournalism award. (Fatima Shbair/Courtesy Image)

24세의 파티마 슈베어는 국제여성미디어재단의 포토저널리즘 용기상을 수상한 최연소 여성입니다.
 At 24, Fatima Shbair is the youngest woman to win the International Women's Media Foundation's Courage in Photojournalism award. (Fatima Shbair/Courtesy Image)

한 여성이 회색 돌무더기 위에 검은 하이힐을 신고 가자 지구의 폭격을 맞은 창문이 없는 건물들을 혼자 지나가고 있습니다. 분쟁 중의 이 삶의 모습은 지난 5월 한 젊은 팔레스타인 사진기자에 의해 포착된 것들 중 하나였습니다.
A woman walks alone past bombed-out windowless buildings in Gaza, black high heels on gray rubble. This image of life during conflict was one of several captured by a young Palestinian photojournalist in May.

이 놀라운 이미지 세트로 파티마 슈베어는 국제여성미디어재단(IWMF)이 수여하는 2021년 포토저널리즘상 Anja Niedringhaus Courage Award를 수상했습니다.
The striking set of images has earned Fatima Shbair the 2021 Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award, bestowed by the International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF).

24세의 Shbair는 이 상을 받은 최연소 언론인으로, 2014년 아프가니스탄에서 임무를 수행하던 중 사망한 독일 AP통신 사진작가의 이름을 따서 명명되었습니다.
At 24, Shbair is the youngest journalist to be awarded the honor, which was named for a German Associated Press photographer who was killed in 2014 while on assignment in Afghanistan.

Shbair의 사진 센터는 2021년 5월에 있었던 팔레스타인-이스라엘 분쟁에 관한 것입니다. 11일간의 전투 동안 수십 명의 어린이를 포함한 200명 이상의 사람들이 사망했습니다. 당시 유엔은 이스라엘의 공습이 전쟁범죄가 될 수도 있다고 밝혔으며 하마스가 사용한 전술도 비난했습니다.
Shbair's photos center on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in May 2021. More than 200 people, including dozens of children, died during the 11 days of fighting. The United Nations said at the time that the Israeli airstrikes might constitute a war crime, and it also condemned tactics used by Hamas.

가자시티에 살고 있는 슈베어는 공습이 시작되었을 때 카메라를 들고 일상 생활을 기록하는 일을 계속했다고 말했습니다.
Shbair, who lives in Gaza City, said that when the airstrikes began, she picked up her camera and continued doing her job: documenting daily life.

"사진기자로서, 도시 밖의 어느 누구에게도 분명하지 않을 수도 있는 사소한 것들에 초점을 맞추는 것이 우리의 일입니다,"라고 그녀는 VOA에 말했습니다.
"As photojournalists, it's our job to focus on the little details that might not be apparent for anyone outside the city," she told VOA.

A woman walks past bombed-out buildings in Gaza, in this image captured by Fatima Shbair during the 11-day war in May 2021. Shbair risked her life to photograph scenes from the war. (Photo by Fatima Shbair/Courtesy of Getty Images)

2021년 5월 11일간의 전쟁 중 파티마 슈베어가 촬영한 사진에서 한 여성이 가자 지구의 폭격으로 파괴된 건물들을 지나가고 있습니다. Shbair는 전쟁 장면을 찍기 위해 목숨을 걸었습니다. (사진: 파티마 Shbair/Getty Images의 Courtesy)
 A woman walks past bombed-out buildings in Gaza, in this image captured by Fatima Shbair during the 11-day war in May 2021. Shbair risked her life to photograph scenes from the war. (Photo by Fatima Shbair/Courtesy of Getty Images)

Shbair는 "이스라엘과 팔레스타인 분쟁의 11일"이라는 가슴 아픈 사진 에세이에서 애도 장면과 도시 전역의 통근 장면을 포함한 그녀가 본 모든 것을 기록했습니다.
Shbair documented everything she saw, including scenes of mourning and commutes across the city, in her poignant photo essay "11 Days of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict."

"거기서 일어나는 모든 일은 기록되어야 마땅합니다. 그것이 얼마나 위험한지는 중요하지 않습니다," 라고 그녀가 VOA에 말했습니다.
"Everything happening there deserved to be documented. It doesn't matter how dangerous it is," she told VOA.

심사위원들이 작품을 칭찬합니다
Judges praise work

힘든 조건에서 촬영된 작업 본문은 IWMF 심사위원들의 관심을 끌었습니다.
The body of work, shot under tough conditions, caught the attention of the IWMF judges.

심사위원들은 "그녀도 자신을 통해 살아가고 있는 계속되는 폭격의 잔해 속에서 어떻게 이 믿을 수 없을 정도로 아름다운 사진들을 포착했는지에 깊은 감명을 받았습니다,"라고 IWMF의 이사인 엘리사 리스 무뇨즈는 VOA에 말했습니다.
Members of the judging committee "were really impressed with how she captured these incredibly beautiful images among the wreckage of an ongoing bombardment that she was also living through herself," Elisa Lees Muñoz, executive director of the IWMF, told VOA.

"그녀가 이 분쟁의 일부이고 정말로 민간인으로서 살아남기 위해 노력했다는 사실, 그리고 사진기자로서 살아남기 위해 노력했다는 사실이 꽤 충격적이었습니다,"라고 무뇨즈는 말했습니다.
"The fact that she was part of this conflict and really trying to survive as a civilian, in addition to trying to survive as a photojournalist, was pretty telling," Muñoz said.

Shbair는 대학에서 저널리즘을 공부했지만 2019년 가자에서 소위 말하는 "다른" 일상을 기록하면서 사진을 독학했습니다. 2020년까지, 그녀는 프리랜서로 일했고 게티 이미지와 같은 국제 기획사에 이미지를 판매했습니다.
Shbair studied journalism in college but taught herself photography while documenting what she calls "different" daily life in Gaza in 2019. By 2020, she was working as a freelancer and selling images to international agencies such as Getty Images.

그러나 올 5월의 갈등은 새로운 도전을 제시했습니다.
But the conflict this May presented new challenges.

11일 동안 집과 가족을 떠났습니다. 저는 한 사무실에서 다른 사무실로 옮겨 다니면서 직접 현장으로 들어갔습니다," 라고 그녀가 말했습니다. "저는 그냥 길거리에서 무슨 일이 일어나고 있는지 달려갔습니다. 쉽지는 않았지만, 어떤 면에서는 해냈어요.“
"I left my home and my family for 11 days. I went directly into the field, moving from one office to another," she said. "I just stayed there in the streets, running toward what was happening. It was not easy, but in some way, I did it."

감동적인 이미지입니다.
Inspiring images

IWMF의 연례 상은 시청자들에게 영감을 주거나 세상을 더 잘 이해하도록 돕는 사진을 인정합니다. 각 수상자에게는 2만 달러가 주어지고 그녀의 작품이 전시됩니다.
The IWMF's annual award recognizes photography that inspires viewers or helps them better understand the world. Each awardee is given $20,000 and has her work showcased.

2013년부터 아프가니스탄에 본부를 둔 이란계 캐나다인 사진기자 키아나 하예리와 멕시코 국경을 넘나드는 이민과 마약 거래를 다루는 브라질 다큐멘터리 사진기자 아드리아나 제브라우스카스에게 올해 명예로운 언급이 주어졌습니다.
Honorable mentions this year were given to Kiana Hayeri, an Iranian Canadian photojournalist based in Afghanistan since 2013, and Adriana Zehbrauskas, a Brazilian documentary photojournalist who covers immigration and the drug trade across borders with Mexico.

목요일, 수상자로 선정된 지 하루 만에, 하예리는 4월에 찍힌 한 나이든 아프간 여성의 사진과 함께 인스타그램에 겸손한 감사의 글을 올렸습니다.
On Thursday, one day after she was named an awardee, Hayeri posted a humble thank you on Instagram, alongside a photo of an older Afghan woman taken in April.

"이 글을 올리면서, 저는 대조적인 감정으로 가득 찬 가슴으로 #카불로 돌아가기 위해 마지막 비행기를 타기 위해 제 문 앞에 앉아 기다리고 있습니다."라고 하예리는 썼다.
"As I'm posting this, I'm sitting at my gate, waiting to catch one last plane to go back to #Kabul with a chest filled with contrasting feelings," Hayeri wrote.

이 상의 이름을 딴 니드링하우스 또한 아프가니스탄에서의 사건들을 폭넓게 다루었습니다. 그녀는 2005년에 별도의 IWMF 저널리즘 용기상을 수상했는데, 같은 해 그녀의 팀은 이라크 전쟁을 취재한 공로로 퓰리처 상을 수상했습니다.
The award's namesake, Niedringhaus, also extensively covered events in Afghanistan. She was the recipient of a separate IWMF Courage in Journalism Award in 2005, the same year her team won a Pulitzer Prize for coverage of the war in Iraq.

Niedringhaus)는 그녀의 이미지와 함께 우리 사이에 있습니다,"라고 2021년 수상자 Shbair는 말했습니다. 모든 어려움에도 불구하고, 저는 그녀가 항상 진실을 강조하기 위한 여정을 지속하는 데 우리가 효율적이기를 바랍니다.“
"(Niedringhaus) is among us with her images," 2021 awardee Shbair said. "Despite all difficulties, I hope that we will be efficient in continuing her journey to always highlight the truth."

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.