케냐 연구진, 말라리아 백신을 채택할 것으로 확신하고 있습니다 > IT/과학

본문 바로가기

IT/과학

케냐 연구진, 말라리아 백신을 채택할 것으로 확신하고 있습니다
Kenya Researchers Confident Population Will Embrace Malaria Vaccine

페이지 정보

작성자 Mohammed Yusuf 작성일 21-10-07 12:25 댓글 0

본문

Pamela Omboko administers a malaria vaccine to Jeywellan Ochieng, 2, at the Yala Sub County Hospital Mother and Child Healthcare (MCH) clinic in Gem, Siaya County, Kenya, Oct. 7, 2021.

Pamela Omboko는 10월 케냐 Siaya County의 Gem에 있는 Yala Sub County 모자보건(MCH) 클리닉에서 Jeywellan Ochieng, 2세에게 말라리아 백신을 투여하고 있습니다.
  Pamela Omboko administers a malaria vaccine to Jeywellan Ochieng, 2, at the Yala Sub County Hospital Mother and Child Healthcare (MCH) clinic in Gem, Siaya County, Kenya, Oct. 7, 2021.

나이로비입니다.
NAIROBI —

세계보건기구에 따르면 케냐의 만 명 이상을 포함하여 매년 26만 명 이상의 5세 미만의 아프리카 어린이들이 말라리아로 죽습니다. 세계보건기구가 사하라 사막 이남의 아프리카 어린이들을 위한 말라리아 백신인 모스키릭스를 지원하는 것은 이러한 죽음을 예방할 수 있는 희망을 불러일으켰습니다. 이 백신은 가나, 케냐, 말라위의 시범 프로그램에서 효과가 입증되었습니다.
More than 260,000 African children under the age of five die from malaria each year, including more than 10,000 in Kenya, according to the World Health Organization. The WHO’s backing of a malaria vaccine, Mosquirix, for children in sub-Saharan Africa has raised hopes of preventing those deaths. The vaccine proved effective in a pilot program in Ghana, Kenya, and Malawi.

수요일, 세계보건기구는 5개월에서 24개월 사이의 아프리카와 높은 수준의 말라리아 전염이 있는 다른 지역에서 백신을 사용할 수 있도록 허가했습니다.
On Wednesday, the World Health Organization gave the green light for the use of the vaccine for children between five and 24 months of age in Africa and other regions prone to a high level of malaria transmission.

가나, 케냐, 말라위에서 백신을 실험한 결과입니다. 이 4회 복용 주사는 80만 명의 아프리카 어린이들에게 투여되었습니다.
This follows trials of the vaccine in Ghana, Kenya and Malawi. The four-dose shot was administered to 800,000 African children.

서른 살 살로메 아워는 케냐 서부 키수무 카운티의 말라리아 백신 실험에 참여하도록 허락했습니다.
Thirty-year-old Salome Awuor allowed her son, now three years old, to take part in the malaria vaccine trials in Kisumu County, western Kenya.

네 아이의 엄마는 이전에 그를 위해 말라리아 치료를 받기 위해 한 달에 네 번 가까운 병원을 방문하겠다고 말했습니다. 그 당시, 그는 12개월이었습니다.
The mother of four said previously she would visit her nearest clinic four times a month to get malaria treatment for him. At the time, he was 12 months old.

"제 아들은 잽 세 대를 맞았고, 말라리아는 사라졌습니다. 저는 말라리아 치료를 받으러 병원에 돌아가지 않았습니다. 아이들이 더 이상 아프지 않아서 너무 좋아요. 그것이 제가 백신에 대해 들을 때마다, 그것이 많은 도움이 되기 때문에 그것들을 얻기 위해 달려가는 이유입니다," 라고 그녀가 말했습니다.
“My son was given three jabs, and malaria went down. I never went back to the clinic seeking malaria treatment. I feel so good my children no longer get sick most of the time. That's why whenever I hear about vaccines, I run to get them because it helps a lot,” she said.

세계보건기구(WHO)의 테드로스 게브레이서스 사무총장은 말라리아 백신의 돌파구는 역사적인 것으로 매년 수만 명의 젊은이들의 생명을 구할 수 있는 것이라고 설명했습니다.
WHO chief Tedros Ghebreyesus described the malaria vaccine breakthrough as historic and one that could save the lives of tens of thousands of young people each year.

세계보건기구에 따르면, 말라리아는 매년 2억 2천 9백만 명 이상의 사람들에게 영향을 미치고 40만 명 이상의 목숨을 앗아갑니다.
According to the WHO, malaria affects more than 229 million people each year and kills more than 400,000.

아프리카에서는, 25만 명 이상의 어린이들이 모기 매개 질병으로 죽습니다.
In Africa, more than a quarter of a million children die from the mosquito-borne disease.

2015년 이전 실험에서는 이 백신이 말라리아 환자의 40%, 중증 환자의 30%를 예방할 수 있는 것으로 나타났습니다.
Earlier trials in 2015 showed the vaccine could prevent 40 percent of malaria cases and about 30 percent of severe cases.

Bernhards Ogutu는 케냐 의학 연구소의 수석 연구원입니다. 그는 이번 연구에 케냐가 참여한 것은 이 백신이 케냐의 인구에 영향을 미칠 것이라는 것을 증명한다고 말했습니다.
Bernhards Ogutu is a chief researcher at Kenya Medical Research Institute. He said Kenya’s participation in the study proves the vaccine will work on the country’s population.

"만약 그것이 안전하다면, 여러분은 그것이 여러분의 인구에서 이루어졌고 여러분에게 좋다는 것을 알고 있을 것입니다. 다른 모집단의 데이터가 아니라 자신의 모집단의 데이터에 의존하고 있습니다. 그래서 여러분은 이것이 우리에게 안전하며, 효과가 있고, 승인되었으며, 우리에 의해 이루어졌고, 우리는 이 발전에 기여했다고 자신 있게 조언할 수 있습니다,"라고 그는 말했습니다.
“If it's safe you know it was done in your population and you know it's good for you. You are not relying on data from another population but from your own population. So that you can confidently advise the government this is safe for us, it works and its approved and it was done by us and we contributed to this development,” he said.

처음 3회 접종은 어린이가 아기일 때 한 달 간격으로 투여되며, 마지막 접종은 한 살 반이 되었을 때 투여됩니다.
The first three vaccine doses are given a month apart when children are babies, and a final booster is given when the child is one-and-a-half years old.

오구투 씨는 케냐의 부모들이 자녀들에게 말라리아 예방 접종을 할 것이라고 자신했습니다.
Ogutu has voiced confidence that Kenyan parents will vaccinate their children from malaria.

"사람들이 우리에게 기회가 주어졌으니 이제 롤아웃을 시작할 수 있냐고 물어왔습니다. 저는 지금이 우리 사람들에게 가서 그것이 사용 가능하다고 말해야 할 때라고 생각합니다. 그리고 이제 그것은 백신을 조달하고 그것이 사용 가능한지 확인하고 필요한 사람들에게 그것을 제공하기 시작하는 문제입니다,"라고 Ogutu는 말했습니다.
“People have been asking where it is now that we have been given the go ahead, we can now go for the rollout. I think it's time to get to our people and tell them now it's available and now it’s a matter of procuring the vaccine and ensuring it’s available and start getting it to those who need it,” said Ogutu.

백신이 언제 일반에 보급될지에 대해서는 아직 알려진 바가 없습니다.
So far, there is no word on when the vaccine will become available to the general public.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.