남아프리카 공화국은 오미크론 하위 품종에서 COVID가 새롭게 급증했습니다. > 세계

본문 바로가기

세계

남아프리카 공화국은 오미크론 하위 품종에서 COVID가 새롭게 급증했습니다.
South Africa Has New Surge of COVID From Omicron Sub-Variants

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 22-05-14 15:46 댓글 0

본문

People queue at a COVID-19 testing center in Soweto, South Africa, May 11, 2022.

5월 남아프리카공화국 소웨토의 한 COVID-19 테스트 센터에서 사람들이 줄을 서고 있습니다.
 People queue at a COVID-19 testing center in Soweto, South Africa, May 11, 2022.

요하네스버그입니다.
Johannesburg —

보건 전문가들에 따르면 남아프리카 공화국은 두 개의 오미크론 하위 변종에 의해 추진되는 새로운 COVID-19 사례가 급증하고 있습니다.
South Africa is experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases driven by two omicron sub-variants, according to health experts.

소웨토에 있는 크리스 하니 바라그와나스 병원의 백신 및 감염병 분석 연구원인 마르타 누네스 교수는 약 3주 동안 새로운 사례의 수가 증가하고 다소 높은 입원율을 보였지만 심각한 사례와 사망자는 증가하지 않았다고 말했습니다.
For about three weeks the country has seen increasing numbers of new cases and somewhat higher hospitalizations, but not increases in severe cases and deaths, said professor Marta Nunes, a researcher at Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Analytics at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto.

"우리는 아직 이 증가 기간 초기에 있기 때문에, 저는 그것을 정말 물결이라고 부르고 싶지 않습니다,"라고 누네스는 말했습니다. "입원이 약간 증가하고 있으며 사망자는 거의 없습니다."
"We're still very early in this increase period, so I don't want to really call it a wave," Nunes said. "We are seeing a slight, a small increase in hospitalizations and really very few deaths."

남아프리카 공화국의 새로운 발병 건수는 4월 초 하루 평균 300건에서 이번 주 하루 약 8,000건으로 증가했습니다. 누네스는 증상이 경미하고 병에 걸린 많은 사람들이 검사를 받지 않기 때문에 실제 새로운 사례의 수가 훨씬 더 많을 것이라고 말합니다.
South Africa's new cases have gone from an average of 300 per day in early April to about 8,000 per day this week. Nunes says the actual number of new cases is probably much higher because the symptoms are mild and many who get sick are not getting tested.

남아프리카의 새로운 급증은 두 종류의 오미크론, BA.4와 BA.5에서 나온 것인데, 이 오미크론은 작년 말 남아프리카와 보츠와나에서 처음 발견되어 전 세계로 퍼진 오미크론의 원래 변종과 매우 흡사해 보입니다.
South Africa's new surge is from two variations of omicron, BA.4 and BA.5, which appear to be very much like the original strain of omicron that was first identified in South Africa and Botswana late last year and swept around the globe.

새로운 사례의 대부분은 이 두 가지 변종에서 비롯됩니다. 그들은 여전히 오미크론이지만 유전학적으로 약간 다를 뿐입니다."라고 누네스가 전했습니다. 새로운 버전들은 초기 코로나 바이러스 감염과 예방접종으로부터 면역력을 가진 사람들을 감염시킬 수 있는 것처럼 보이지만, 그것들은 일반적으로 가벼운 질병을 유발한다고 그녀는 말했습니다. 남아프리카에서는, 인구의 약 85%가 과거에 바이러스에 노출되었을 때 약간의 면역력을 가지고 있다고 생각되지만, 성인의 45%가 완전한 백신을 접종하고 있습니다.
"The majority of new cases are from these two strains. They are still omicron ... but just genomically somewhat different," said Nunes. The new versions appear to be able to infect people who have immunity from earlier COVID infections and vaccinations, but they cause generally mild disease, she said. In South Africa, 45% of adults are fully vaccinated, although about 85% of the population is thought to have some immunity based on past exposure to the virus.

"백신이 여전히 심각한 질병으로부터 보호하는 것처럼 보입니다,"라고 누네스는 말했습니다.
"It looks like the vaccines still protect against severe disease," Nunes said.

누네스는 BA.4와 BA.5의 오미크론이 남부 아프리카의 다른 나라들과 몇몇 유럽 국가들로 퍼졌지만, 오미크론처럼 그것들이 전 세계로 퍼질지 여부를 말하기는 너무 이르다고 말했습니다.
Nunes said that the BA.4 and BA.5 strains of omicron have spread to other countries in southern Africa and a few European countries, but it is too early to tell if they will spread across the globe, as omicron did.

남아프리카 공화국이 남반구의 추운 겨울로 접어들고 있고, 독감의 사례가 증가하고 있기 때문에 코로나바이러스 감염증의 증가는 나타나고 있습니다.
The increase in COVID cases is coming as South Africa is entering the Southern Hemisphere's colder winter months and the country is seeing a rise in cases of flu.

소웨토 치아웰로 지역에 있는 코로나 검사 센터에서는 많은 사람들이 코로나 검사를 받으러 오지만 독감에 걸렸다는 것을 알고 있습니다.
At a COVID testing center in the Chiawelo area of Soweto, many people are coming in to be tested for COVID but are learning they have the flu.

지금은 독감철입니다. 독감 대 COVID-19입니다."라고 치아웰로 백신 접종 센터의 사이트 관리자인 Magdeline Matsoso가 말했습니다. 그녀는 사람들이 코로나 증상이 있어서 검사를 받으러 온다고 말했습니다.
"Now we're in flu season ... so it's flu versus COVID-19," said Magdeline Matsoso, site manager at the Chiawelo vaccination center. She said people come for testing because they have COVID symptoms.

"실험을 해보면, 코로나에 관한 한 그들 중 대다수가 음성인 것을 알 수 있지만, 그들은 독감 증상을 가지고 있습니다."라고 마조소 씨가 말했습니다. "그래서 그들은 독감 치료를 받고 집으로 갑니다. 왜냐하면 대부분은 코로나19가 아닌 독감과 관련이 있기 때문입니다."
"When we do the tests, you find that the majority of them, they are negative when it comes to COVID, but they do have flu symptoms," said Matsoso. "So they get flu treatment and then they go home because the majority is related to flu and not COVID."

Vuyo Lumkwani는 검사를 받으러 온 사람들 중 한 명입니다.
Vuyo Lumkwani was one of those who came to get tested.

"저는 오늘 아침에 일어났을 때 몸이 좋지 않았습니다. 몸이 아프고 머리가 아프고, 코가 막히고, 현기증이 나서 이리로 오기로 결심했어요," 라고 그녀가 말했습니다.
"I wasn't feeling well when I woke up this morning. I woke up with body pains, a headache, blocked (nose), feeling dizzy, so I decided to come here," she said.

저는 코로나19일 수도 있다고 생각했기 때문에 제 증상에 대해 무서웠지만, 저는 예방 접종을 받았기 때문에 괜찮을 것이라고 스스로에게 말했습니다."라고 Lumkwani가 말했습니다. 그녀는 독감 진단을 받고 안심했다고 말했습니다. 그녀는 집에 가서 약을 먹고 휴식을 취하라는 권고를 받았습니다.
"I was terrified about my symptoms because I thought it might be COVID-19, but I told myself that I'd be OK because I have been vaccinated," said Lumkwani. She said she was relieved to be diagnosed with the flu. She was advised to go home with some medications and get some rest.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.