유엔 “북한 강제실종 범죄 지속…책임규명 필요” > 사회

본문 바로가기

사회

유엔 “북한 강제실종 범죄 지속…책임규명 필요”
UN "North Korea's Forced Missing Crime Continues...Need to identify responsibility"

페이지 정보

작성자 김영권 작성일 23-03-29 02:45 댓글 0

본문

폴커 튀르크 유엔 인권최고대표.

폴커 튀르크 유엔 인권최고대표.
Falker Turk, United Nations High Representative for Human Rights.

유엔 인권기구가 북한의 강제실종 범죄를 종합적으로 분석한 새 보고서를 발간하고 문제 해결과 재발 방지를 촉구했습니다. 피해 당사자와 가족들은 생이별의 고통과 절망감을 눈물로 호소했습니다. 김영권 기자가 보도합니다.
The U.N. human rights organization has published a new report that comprehensively analyzes North Korea's forced disappearance crimes and called for problem resolution and prevention of recurrence. The victims and their families complained of the pain and despair of their live separation with tears. Reporter Kim Young-kwon reports.

유엔 인권최고대표사무소(OHCHR)가 28일 북한 정권에 의한 강제실종과 납치 범죄를 다룬 새 보고서 ‘아물지 않은 상처(These wounds do not heal)’를 발표했습니다.
On the 28th, the United Nations Office of the Supreme Representative for Human Rights (OHCHR) released a new report on forced disappearance and kidnapping crimes by the North Korean regime.

6년에 걸쳐 피해 당사자와 가족 80명을 심층 면담하고 다양한 정보를 수집했는데, 대상은 북한 정치범수용소 등에 구금 당한 북한 주민, 미송환 국군포로와 전시·전후 납북자, 재일 북송 한인 피해자, 납치 외국인 등 다양합니다.
Over the past six years, 80 victims and their families have been interviewed in-depth and collected various information, including North Koreans detained in North Korean political prison camps, prisoners of U.S. repatriation, wartime and post-war abductees, Korean victims in Japan, and kidnapped foreigners.

유엔 인권기구는 이 보고서가 강제실종과 납치 피해자, 그 가족의 지속되는 고통을 생생하게 담고 있다며 진실, 정의, 배상, 재발 방지 보장을 위한 노력에 모두가 동참해야 한다고 촉구했습니다.
The U.N. human rights organization says the report vividly reflects the ongoing pain of forced disappearances, kidnapping victims and their families and calls for everyone to join efforts to ensure truth, justice, reparation and prevention of a recurrence.

폴커 튀르크 유엔 인권최고대표는 보도자료와 동영상을 통해 “강제실종은 가장 끔찍한 인권 침해 중 하나이며 재앙”이라고 강조했습니다.
"Forced disappearance is one of the most horrific human rights violations and a disaster," U.N. human rights chief Falker Turk said in a press release and video.

[녹취: 튀르크 최고대표] “It's one of the most horrific human rights violations and it's a scourge. And this scourge that we need to address and where the state has a responsibility to ensure that we find a solution to it. Accountability is absolutely critical. We need to make sure that justice is served for the victims.”
[Recording: Turk's CEO] "그것은 가장 끔찍한 인권 침해 중 하나이며 재앙입니다. 그리고 우리가 해결해야 할 이 재앙과 국가가 그것에 대한 해결책을 찾도록 보장할 책임이 있는 곳. 책임은 절대적으로 중요합니다. 우리는 희생자들을 위해 정의가 실현되도록 해야 합니다."

이어 “이 재앙은 우리가 해결해야 하고 국가는 이에 대한 해결책을 찾도록 보장할 책임이 있다”며 “책임규명은 절대적으로 중요하고 우리는 피해자들에게 정의가 실현되도록 해야 한다”고 말했습니다.
"This disaster is something we have to solve and the state has a responsibility to ensure that we find a solution to it," he said. "The identification of responsibility is absolutely important and we must ensure that justice is served to the victims."

보고서는 북한 내 강제실종 피해자 중 다수는 ‘관리소’로 알려진 정치범수용소 등 수감 시설에 구금돼 외부와 연락이 두절된 상태로 고문을 당했으며 이 중 일부는 가족에게 어떤 정보도 제공되지 않은 채 즉결처형을 당했다고 지적했습니다.
Many of the victims of forced disappearance in North Korea were detained in political prison camps, known as "care centers," and tortured while losing contact with the outside world, some of whom were summarily executed without providing any information to their families.

또한 “강제실종에 해당할 수 있는 북한 국민에 대한 자의적 체포와 구금이 계속되고 있다는 보고에 대해 유엔 인권최고대표사무소는 깊이 우려한다”고 밝혔습니다.
He also said, "The UN Office of the Supreme Representative for Human Rights is deeply concerned by reports of ongoing arbitrary arrest and detention of North Koreans who may be forced to disappear."

[보고서] “OHCHR remains deeply concerned about reports of an ongoing practice of arbitrary arrest and detention of nationals of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea which may constitute enforced disappearance… families of the forcibly disappeared or of those that managed to escape are also themselves at risk of severe reprisals or enforced disappearance on the basis of guilt by association.”
[Report] "OHCHR은 강제 실종에 해당할 수 있는 조선민주주의인민공화국 국적자들의 자의적 체포와 구금이 진행 중이라는 보도에 대해 깊은 우려를 표하고 있습니다… 강제로 실종된 사람들의 가족이나 탈출에 성공한 사람들의 가족들 또한 연관성에 의한 유죄에 근거하여 심각한 보복이나 강제 실종의 위험에 처해 있습니다."

특히 “강제실종자 가족이나 간신히 이탈한 자들의 가족도 연좌제로 인해 가혹한 보복이나 강제실종의 위험에 처해있다”고 지적했습니다.
In particular, he pointed out that "the families of the forced missing or those who barely escaped are also at risk of harsh retaliation or forced disappearance due to the sit-in system."

보고서는 또 한국인을 비롯해 외국의 납치 피해자 가족들은 정신적 피해와 심리적 고통뿐 아니라 경제적 타격, 빈곤과 차별의 위험에 쉽게 노출되는 등 오랜 세월에 걸쳐 어려움을 겪었다고 설명했습니다.
The report also explained that Koreans and other families of kidnapping victims in foreign countries have suffered over the years, being easily exposed to economic damage, poverty and discrimination, as well as mental and psychological pain.

예를 들어 1972년 조업 도중 납치된 한 납북자의 아내는 “남편의 납북 이후 돈이 없어서 끼니를 해결하지 못했다”고 호소했고 익명의 한 피해자 자녀는 아버지의 납북 뒤 “집안이 전부 망하고 정신을 못 차리게 됐으며 내 인생도 거꾸로 돼 버린 것 같다”고 증언했습니다.
For example, the wife of an abductee who was kidnapped while fishing in 1972 complained that she had no money to eat after her husband's abduction, and an anonymous victim's child testified after her father's abduction, "My family was completely ruined, I lost my mind, and my life was reversed."

이날 서울에서 열린 보고서 발표 행사에는 이러한 피해 당사자 또는 가족의 증언이 이어졌습니다.
The report presentation event in Seoul was followed by testimony from the victims or their families.

유엔 인권최고대표사무소가 공개한 전시 납북자의 아들 김재주 씨와 전후 납북자의 아내 송복심 씨의 동영상 육성입니다.
It is a video of Kim Jae-joo, the son of the wartime abductee, and Song Bok-sim, the wife of the postwar abductee, released by the United Nations Office for the Supreme Representative of Human Rights.

[녹취: 전시 납북자 김기중 씨 아들 김재주 씨] “아버지 생각만 하면 자다가도 잠을 못 자겠어요”
[Recording: Kim Jae-joo, son of Kim Ki-joong, a wartime abductor] "I can't sleep even when I think about my father."

[녹취: 전후 납북자 아내 송봉심 씨] “죽기 전에 한 번 좀 봤으면 좋겠어요 (눈물) 언제든지 죽기 전에 얼굴이라도 봤으면 좋겠는데…”
[Recording: Song Bong-sim, wife of postwar abductees] "I want to see you before I die (tears) I want to see your face anytime before I die..."”

1969년 대한한공 여객기(YS-11) 납북 피해자 장기영 씨의 아내 이순남 씨는 보고회에 참석해 반세기 넘게 남편을 애타게 기다리는 마음을 전했습니다.
Lee Soon-nam, the wife of Jang Ki-young, a victim of the abduction of a Korean Air flight (YS-11) in 1969, attended a briefing session and expressed her longing for her husband for more than half a century.

[녹취: 이순남 씨] “지금까지 송환도 안 되고 생사조차 알 길이 없습니다. 이런 공산국가는 전 세계에 하나밖에 없다고 생각합니다.”
[Recording: Lee Soon-nam] "So far, we have not been repatriated and there is no way to know whether it is alive or not." I think there is only one communist country like this in the world."

국군포로의 아들로 북한을 탈출해 한국에 정착한 이복남 씨와 이태경 북송재일교포협회 회장도 이날 증언에 동참했습니다.
Lee Bok-nam, who fled North Korea as the son of a South Korean POW and settled in South Korea, and Lee Tae-kyung, chairman of the North Song-Japan Korean Association, also participated in the testimony.

[녹취: 이복남 씨] “북한에서 국군포로 자녀에 대한 학대는 말로 다 표현할 수 없습니다. 학교를 졸업하니까 직업에 대한 선택권도 없습니다. 국군포로 자식은 무조건 아버지를 따라 탄광에 가서 일을 해야 합니다.”
[Recording: Lee Bok-nam] "The abuse of children of POWs in North Korea cannot be described in words. Since I graduated from school, I don't have a choice about my job. Children of POWs must follow their father to the coal mine to work."

[이태경 회장] “자유 민주주의 일본에서 살아봤기 때문에 북한이라는 독재국을 뚜렷이 볼 수 있었습니다. 희망은 전혀 보이지 않았고 북한의 노예 같은 생활, 갈수록 심해지는 탄압과 숙청, 암흑과 같은 미래…북송 문제의 결론은 북한과 조총련은 공동 사기꾼, 북한은 북송 재일교포들을 속여서 받은 것, 일본은 이에 동조해 보낸 것, 한국은 그냥 바라본 것, 적십자 역시 동조한 것으로 봐야 하지 않을까 생각합니다.”
[Chairman Lee Tae-kyung] "Because I lived in Japan, a free democracy, I could clearly see the dictatorship of North Korea. There was no hope at all, and North Korea's slave life, increasing oppression and purge, and a dark future...I think the conclusion of the North Korean repatriation issue should be seen as North Korea and the Chochongryeon being co-conspirators, North Korea being deceived by Koreans in North Korea, Japan being sent in sympathy, South Korea just looking at it, and the Red Cross being in sympathy."

강제실종은 개인의 의지와 상관없이 국가기관 혹은 국가의 역할을 자임하는 조직이나 개인에 의해 체포, 구금, 납치돼 실종되는 범죄 행위로 국제사회는 강제실종이 체계적으로 이뤄졌을 경우 심각한 반인도적 인권범죄로 보고 강력히 대응하고 있습니다.
Compulsory disappearance is a crime that is arrested, detained, or kidnapped by a state agency or organization or individual who claims to be the role of the state, regardless of the individual's will.

보고서는 “유엔 북한인권조사위원회가 2014년 최종 보고서에서 북한의 납치와 강제실종은 체계적이고 광범위해 반인도 범죄에 해당한다는 결론을 내렸다”며 북한 정부는 이를 인정하고 즉시 피해자들의 조속한 송환과 석방 등의 조치를 해야 한다고 촉구했습니다.
"The UN Human Rights Commission concluded in its 2014 final report that North Korea's kidnapping and forced disappearance are systematic and extensive crimes against humanity," the report said.

제임스 히난 서울 유엔인권사무소장은 이날 행사에서 북한의 납치와 강제실종은 국가 권력을 강화하는 목적이 있기 때문에 인권을 평화·안보와 함께 다뤄야 한다는 사실을 보여주는 좋은 예라고 강조했습니다.
James Hinan, head of the U.N. Human Rights Office in Seoul, stressed at the event that North Korea's kidnapping and forced disappearance are good examples of the fact that human rights should be treated with peace and security because they aim to strengthen state power.

그러면서 “바로 오늘, 그리고 지난 50년 동안 북한에서 수백만 명이 겪은 고통을 무시한 채, 앞으로 발생할 지도 모르는 충돌로 인해 미래에 고통을 겪을 위험에만 집중할 순 없다는 게 보고서의 메시지”라고 평가했습니다.
"The report's message is that we cannot focus on the risk of suffering in the future due to conflicts that may occur in the future, ignoring the suffering of millions of people in North Korea just today and over the past 50 years," he said.

[녹취: 히난 소장] “The message is we cannot focus solely on the risk of future suffering from a conflict that may happen while ignoring the suffering of millions today and in the previous 50 years in the DPRK.”
[Recording: Hinnan] "이 메시지는 오늘날과 지난 50년 동안 북한에서 수백만 명의 사람들의 고통을 무시하고 일어날 수 있는 갈등으로 인해 미래가 고통받을 위험에만 집중할 수 없다는 것입니다."

튀르크 최고대표는 보고서에 기록된 문제 해결을 위해 북한 정부와 교류할 의지가 있다고 강조했습니다.
Turkey's top negotiator stressed his willingness to interact with the North Korean government to resolve the problems recorded in the report.

이어 “지금이야말로 북한이 고립에서 벗어나고 유엔과 협력해 오랫동안 지속돼온 강제실종과 납치 문제를 포함한 인권 문제의 해결책을 찾고 국제인권법에 따른 의무를 이행해야 할 때”라고 말했습니다.
"Now is the time for North Korea to get out of isolation and work with the United Nations to find solutions to human rights issues, including the long-standing issue of forced disappearance and kidnapping, and fulfill its obligations under international human rights law," he said.

[트뤼크 최고대표] “Now is the time for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea to move away from isolation and work with the UN to find solutions to human rights issues - including the long-standing issue of enforced disappearance and abduction - and fulfil its obligations under international human rights law,”
[Trueke's CEO] "이제 조선민주주의인민공화국은 고립에서 벗어나 유엔과 협력하여 오랫동안 지속되어온 강제실종과 납치문제를 포함한 인권문제의 해결책을 찾고 국제인권법에 따른 의무를 이행할 때입니다."

보고서는 또 북한에서 자행된 강제실종 범죄에 대한 조사를 국제사회가 계속 지원해야 한다고 권고했습니다.
The report also recommended that the international community continue to support investigations into forced disappearance crimes committed in North Korea.

그러면서 보편적 관할권 또는 역외 관할권 원칙 등을 활용해 국제 기준에 부합하는 국내 법원 또는 국제 재판소에서 가해자들에게 책임을 물을 수 있도록 해야 한다고 촉구했습니다.
He urged that universal jurisdiction or extraterritorial jurisdiction principles should be used to hold perpetrators accountable in domestic courts or international courts that meet international standards.

VOA 뉴스 김영권입니다.
I'm Kim Young Kwon from VOA News.

출처 : VOA한국

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.