밥 돌의 사망에 대한 반응입니다. > 정치

본문 바로가기

정치

밥 돌의 사망에 대한 반응입니다.
Reactions to Bob Dole's Death From US Dignitaries, Veterans

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 21-12-05 16:27 댓글 0

본문

FILE - Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole speaks after being presented with the McGovern-Dole Leadership Award on Capitol Hill in Washington, Dec. 11, 2013.

파일 - 밥 돌 전 상원 원내대표는 12월 워싱턴 캐피톨에서 맥거번-돌 리더십 상을 수상한 후 연설합니다.
 FILE - Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole speaks after being presented with the McGovern-Dole Leadership Award on Capitol Hill in Washington, Dec. 11, 2013.

미국 고위 인사들과 군 참전용사들은 제2차 세계대전 참전용사이자 36년간 의회에서 근무한 전 공화당 대통령 후보인 밥 돌 전 상원 원내대표를 애도하고 있습니다. 폐암 4기였던 돌은 일요일 98세의 나이로 세상을 떠났다고 그의 아내 엘리자베스 돌은 전했습니다.
U.S. dignitaries and military veterans are mourning former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, a World War II veteran and former Republican presidential candidate who served in Congress for 36 years. Dole, who had stage 4 lung cancer, died Sunday at age 98, according to his wife, Elizabeth Dole.

___
___

"밥은 우리 역사상 극소수의 미국 정치가였습니다. 전쟁 영웅이자 가장 위대한 세대 중 하나죠 그리고 제게 그는 제가 믿을만한 지도를 받을 수 있는 친구이거나, 지친 신경을 진정시킬 수 있는 유머러스한 대사이기도 했습니다. 친구가 그리울 거예요. 하지만 우리가 함께한 시간들, 그리고 질과 나, 그리고 우리 가족이 리디와 돌 가족 전체와 함께 쌓아온 우정에 감사드립니다. 그는 변함없는 진실성과 명예심을 가지고 있었습니다. 신이 그에게 축복을 내려주시고, 우리 나라가 그의 품위, 품위, 유머, 애국심이라는 유산을 영원히 이어받기를 바랍니다." — Dole과 함께 상원으로 근무했던 Joe Biden 대통령.
"Bob was an American statesman like few in our history. A war hero and among the greatest of the Greatest Generation. And to me, he was also a friend whom I could look to for trusted guidance, or a humorous line at just the right moment to settle frayed nerves. I will miss my friend. But I am grateful for the times we shared, and for the friendship Jill and I and our family have built with Liddy and the entire Dole family. ... He had an unerring sense of integrity and honor. May God bless him, and may our nation draw upon his legacy of decency, dignity, good humor, and patriotism for all time." — President Joe Biden, who served with Dole in the Senate.

___
___

"로라와 저는 위대한 애국자인 밥 돌 상원의원의 죽음에 슬퍼하고 있습니다. 이 선한 사람은 미국의 가장 훌륭한 가치를 대표했어요 그는 세계 2차 대전 동안 제복을 입고 그들을 방어했습니다. 그는 미국 상원에서 그들을 진보시켰습니다. 그리고 그는 그들을 아버지, 남편, 친구로서 살았습니다. 우리 가족 모두가 그 우정의 덕을 보았습니다. 저희 아버지를 포함해서요. 저는 캐피톨에서 돌아가신 아버지에게 밥이 경례한 것을 항상 기억할 것입니다. 그리고 이제 부시 전 대통령은 밥에게 경례하며 그의 원칙적인 봉사에 감사를 표합니다." — 조지 H.W. 부시 전 대통령에 대한 돌의 헌사에 대해, 조지 W. 부시 전 대통령.
"Laura and I are saddened by the passing of a great patriot, Senator Bob Dole. This good man represented the finest of American values. He defended them in uniform during World War II. He advanced them in the United States Senate. And he lived them out as a father, husband, and friend. Our entire family benefitted from that friendship, including my father. I will always remember Bob's salute to my late dad at the Capitol, and now we Bushes salute Bob and give thanks for his life of principled service." — Former President George W. Bush, speaking of Dole's tribute to former President George H.W. Bush.

___
___

"밥 돌은 미국의 전쟁 영웅이자 우리 국가를 위한 진정한 애국자였습니다. 그는 명예롭게 캔자스 주를 섬겼고 공화당은 그의 봉사로 더 강해졌습니다. 우리 나라는 그의 죽음을 애도하며, 엘리자베스와 그의 멋진 가족들과 함께 기도합니다." — 도널드 트럼프 전 대통령.
"Bob Dole was an American war hero and true patriot for our Nation. He served the Great State of Kansas with honor and the Republican Party was made stronger by his service. Our Nation mourns his passing, and our prayers are with Elizabeth and his wonderful family." — Former President Donald Trump.

___
___

"밥 돌 상원의원은 전쟁 영웅, 정치 지도자, 정치인이었으며, 위대한 세대의 구성원들이 특정 규범을 준수하며 당을 지배했던 시절로 거슬러 올라갑니다. 우리는 엘리자베스와 돌 가족을 생각합니다." — 버락 오바마 전 대통령.
"Senator Bob Dole was a war hero, a political leader, and a statesman — with a career and demeanor harkening back to a day when members of the Greatest Generation abided by a certain code, putting country over party. Our thoughts are with Elizabeth and the Dole family." — Former President Barack Obama.

___
___

밥 돌은 제2차 세계 대전에서의 영웅적 행동부터 35년 동안 의회에서 일하며 미국 국민을 위해 헌신했습니다. 그가 전쟁에서 모든 것을 주었기에, 그는 더 줄 필요가 없었습니다. 하지만 그가 했어요. 그의 본보기는 오늘날과 후손들에게 영감을 줄 것입니다." - 빌 클린턴 전 대통령입니다.
"Bob Dole dedicated his entire life to serving the American people, from his heroism in World War II to the 35 years he spent in Congress. After all he gave in the war, he didn't have to give more. But he did. His example should inspire people today and for generations to come." — Former President Bill Clinton.

___
___

"그들의 정치가 어떻든, 밥 돌의 행동을 본 사람은 누구나 그의 성격과 깊은 애국심에 감탄해야 했습니다. 밥에 대해 잘 알게 된 우리 중 운이 좋았던 사람들은 그를 더욱 존경했습니다. 그 후 몇 년 동안 워싱턴에서 그의 전체 경력 동안, 10대 전투 영웅들로부터 애국적인 환호의 밝은 빛이 타올랐습니다. 그것은 그의 마지막 날까지 여전히 밝게 빛났습니다. 밥 돌은 오늘날 어떠한 헌사도 완전히 담아낼 수 없을 만큼 충만하고, 부유하고, 매우 명예로운 미국인의 삶을 살았습니다." — 공화당 켄터키주 상원의 미치 맥코넬 소수당 대표.
"Whatever their politics, anyone who saw Bob Dole in action had to admire his character and his profound patriotism. Those of us who were lucky to know Bob well ourselves admired him even more. A bright light of patriotic good cheer burned all the way from Bob's teenage combat heroics through his whole career in Washington through the years since. It still shone brightly, undimmed, to his last days. Bob Dole lived the kind of full, rich, and deeply honorable American life that will be impossible for any tribute today to fully capture." — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Republican-Kentucky.

___
___

미국은 상징적인 정치가이자 지칠 줄 모르는 베테랑 옹호자를 잃었습니다. 밥 돌은 의회에서 가장 존경받는 인물 중 한 명이 되기 훨씬 전에 전투에서 두각을 나타냈습니다. 그의 지도력과 결단력은 국립 2차 대전 기념관의 건립과 헌신을 이끌었습니다. 미국은 이 위대한 애국자의 봉사의 결과로 더 나은 나라입니다. 미국 군단은 Sen을 소개하는 것을 자랑스럽게 여겼습니다. 우리 조직의 최고 영예인 1997년 공로훈장을 수여합니다. 그의 아내 엘리자베스, 그의 가족, 그리고 많은 친구들에게 애도를 표합니다." 폴 E 미국 군단 국민사령관입니다. 딜라드요
"America has lost an iconic statesman and tireless veterans advocate. Bob Dole distinguished himself in combat long before becoming one of the most respected voices in Congress. His leadership and determination led to the construction and dedication of the National World War II Memorial. America is a better country as a result of this great patriot's service. The American Legion was proud to present Sen. Dole with our organization's highest honor, the Distinguished Service Medal in 1997. Our condolences to his wife, Elizabeth, his family and many friends." — American Legion National Commander Paul E. Dillard.

___
___

"밥 돌은 상원의 거물이었습니다. 저는 그가 상원에서 물러날 때 공화당과 민주당 상원의원들이 원내에 많이 모여 그를 칭찬했던 것을 기억합니다. 그와 함께 여행하고, 그와 함께 일하고, 법안을 작성한 것은 제가 상원에 대해 가장 좋아하는 기억 중 하나입니다."—상원님. 패트릭 리히 민주당 버몬트 주지사는 최장수 현직 상원의원입니다.
"Bob Dole was a giant of the Senate. I remember the large number of Republican and Democratic Senators gathering on the Floor to praise him when he stepped down from the Senate. Traveling with him, working with him and writing legislation with him are among my fondest memories of the Senate." — Sen. Patrick Leahy, Democrat-Vermont, the longest-serving sitting senator.

___
___

"밥 돌 상원의원은 진정한 미국의 영웅이자 모범적인 정치가로 기억될 것입니다. 편리한 것보다 옳은 것을 선택한 사람입니다. 전쟁터가 됐든, 의회 회관이 됐든, 일상 생활에서든, 동료인 간산과 조국을 향한 돌 의원의 열정과 헌신은 한 사람이 변화를 일으키고 세상을 바꿀 수 있다는 것을 꾸준히 일깨워 주었습니다…. 미국 상원 의원석에서는 돌 의원의 책상을 사용하고 있으며, 무엇보다도 다른 사람들을 존중하고 친절하게 대했던 정치인이었던 저는 캔자스 가치에 대한 그의 지칠 줄 모르는 헌신을 정기적으로 상기하고 있습니다." — 상원의원. 공화당 캔사스 소속 제리 모란입니다.
"Senator Bob Dole will be remembered as a true American hero and an exemplary statesman — a man who chose what was right over what was convenient. Whether it was on the battlefield, in the halls of Congress, or in his everyday life, Senator Dole's passion and dedication to his fellow Kansan and to his country was a steady reminder that a single person can make a difference and change the world. ... On the floor of the United States Senate, I use Senator Dole's desk, and I am regularly reminded of his tireless commitment to Kansas values while being, first and foremost, a statesman who treated others with respect and kindness." — Sen. Jerry Moran, Republican-Kansas.

___
___

"지난 몇 년 동안, 저는 운이 좋게도 돌 상원의원과 1년에 몇 번 토요일을 함께 보낼 수 있었습니다. 그는 워싱턴 D.C.에서 제2차 세계대전 참전용사들이 2차 세계대전 기념관을 방문하러 왔을 때 그들을 맞이하는 것을 자신의 사명으로 삼았습니다. 로드아일랜드의 참전용사들이 아너 플라이트 편으로 워싱턴에 왔을 때, 그들의 진정한 하이라이트 중 하나는 돌 상원의원을 만난 것이었습니다. 그는 다른 사람들에게 존경과 명예를 주기 위해 그곳에 있었고, 그의 옆에 있고 참전 용사들과 간병인들 모두가 빛을 발하고 그와 연결되는 것을 보는 것은 정말로 특권이었습니다. 돌 상원의원은 남의 말을 경청하는 동시에 이야기꾼이기도 했고 우리 참전용사들도 잘 알도록 했습니다. 여기는 그들의 추모소입니다. 그것은 그들의 것입니다." — Sen. 잭 리드, 로드아일랜드 민주당 상원 군사위원회 위원장입니다
"Over the last several years, I was fortunate to get to spend several Saturdays a year with Senator Dole. He made it his mission to greet fellow World War II veterans in Washington, D.C., when they came to visit the World War II Memorial, a memorial that Senator Dole helped make a reality. When Rhode Island veterans would come to Washington on Honor Flights, one of their true highlights was seeing Senator Dole. He was there to confer respect and honor upon others, and it was truly a privilege to be there at his side and see veterans and caregivers alike light up and connect with him. Senator Dole was both a great listener and storyteller and he always made sure our veterans knew: This is their memorial. It belongs to them." — Sen. Jack Reed, Democrat, Rhode Island., chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

___
___

제가 Walter Reed에서 회복하고 있을 때, Bob Dole도 환자였습니다. 그 당시 81세였고, 그는 개인실을 가지고 있었지만, 그는 항상 우리와 함께 재활 치료를 했습니다. 농담도 나누고, 군대 시절에 대한 이야기도 나누었죠. 저는 항상 그 이전 세대의 자랑스러운 참전용사가 제 인생에서 가장 힘들었던 순간 중에 우리 젊은 병사들과 시간을 보내며 육체적, 정신적 상처로부터 회복하는 데 도움을 주었던 것을 기억할 것입니다. 그는 봉사하라는 부름에 반드시 응한 진정한 정치인이자 위대한 세대의 모델이었어요." - 의원님. 타미 덕워스 민주당 일리노이주 의원은 이라크에서 복무하다 두 다리를 잃었습니다.
"When I was at recovering at Walter Reed, Bob Dole was a patient too. He was 81 years old then, and he had his own private room, but he always did his rehab with the rest of us — cracking jokes and sharing stories about his Army days. I'll always remember how that proud Veteran from an earlier generation took the time — during some of the most difficult moments of my life — to interact with us younger Soldiers, helping us recover from both our physical and psychological wounds. ... He was a true statesman and model of the Greatest Generation who never failed to answer the call to serve." — Sen. Tammy Duckworth, Democrat-Illinois., who lost both her legs while serving in Iraq.

___
___

"돌 상원의원은 전쟁 영웅, 아버지, 남편, 공무원, 캔자스 주와 미국의 모든 것을 훌륭하고 점잖게 구현한 캔자스 주(州)에게 많은 일을 맡겼습니다. 그는 우리나라 정치에서 실존 인물로서 품위, 겸손, 그리고 공적인 삶에서 우리 모두의 모범이 되어야 할 공손함을 보여주었습니다." — 로라 켈리 주지사, 민주당 소속 캔자스 주 주지사.
"Senator Dole was many things -- a war hero, a father, a husband, a public servant; and to Kansans, a man who embodied everything good and decent about Kansas and about America. ... He was a larger-than-life presence in our nation's politics and demonstrated a decency, a humility, and a civility that should serve as a model for those of us in public life." — Gov. Laura Kelly, Democrat-Kansas.

___
___

공직자이자 민간인이자 진정한 애국자인 밥 돌 상원의원은 매 순간 자유의 부름에 응답하며 미국의 실험과 그 깊은 이상에 헌신하는 모습을 보였습니다. 전투 영웅이자 장애인들을 위한 챔피언, 캔자스 주 의회 지도자와 대통령 후보인 돌은 79년 동안 이 나라를 위해 봉사했습니다. 그는 영웅주의와 유머, 용기와 결과, 리더십과 유산, 모든 미국인이 노력해야 하는 삶을 살았습니다." — 공화당-캘리포니아의 케빈 매카시 하원 소수당 대표입니다.
"As a public servant, private citizen, and true patriot, Senator Bob Dole showed total dedication to the American experiment and its deepest ideals, answering liberty's call at every turn. A combat hero, champion for those with disabilities, congressional leader from Kansas, and presidential candidate, Dole served this nation for 79 years. He lived a life of heroism and humor, courage and consequence, leadership and legacy that every American should strive for." — House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Republican-California.

___
___

"상원 역사상 두 번째로 오래 공화당 지도자로 재임한 그의 기록은 그가 자신의 입장에서 얻은 존경을 보여줍니다. 그러나 사회 보장 보장, 미국의 기아 및 영양 프로그램 강화, 그리고 고된 노동과 투자에 대한 더 나은 보상을 위한 세법 개혁과 같은 획기적인 성과를 만들어 낸 것은 그의 의지, 정말로, 그의 헌신이었습니다. 돌 상원의원의 초당적 정신은 그가 오래도록 이어온 리더십 유산의 필수적인 부분입니다." — 상원의원. 메인주 공화당 수잔 콜린스였습니다.
"His record as the second-longest serving Republican Leader in the history of the Senate demonstrates the respect he earned from his side of the aisle. But it was his willingness – indeed, his commitment – to reach across the aisle that produced such landmark achievements as saving Social Security, strengthening America's hunger and nutrition programs, and reforming the tax code to better reward hard work and investment. Senator Dole's bipartisan spirit is a vital part of his enduring legacy of leadership." — Sen. Susan Collins, Republican, Maine.

___
___

"밥 돌은 군인, 국회의원, 정치인이었습니다. 그는 항상 옳고 옳은 것을 지지했어요. 저는 그에게 의회 금메달을 수여하게 되어 영광이었고 저는 항상 그의 조국에 대한 봉사에 감사할 것입니다." — 공화당 소속 폴 라이언 전 하원의장.
"Bob Dole was a soldier, a legislator, & a statesman. He always stood for what was just & right. I was honored to award him the Congressional Gold Medal & I'll always be grateful for his service to our country." — Former House Speaker Paul Ryan, Republican-Wisconsin.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.