본문 바로가기

문화

칸에서 열린 첫 수단 감독 신전쟁으로 '비통해진'
First Sudanese Director at Cannes 'Heartbroken' by New War

페이지 정보

작성자 Agence France-Presse 작성일 23-05-22 20:28 댓글 0

본문

Sudanese director Mohamed Kordofani poses during a photocall for the film

수단의 모하메드 코르도파니 감독이 5월 프랑스 남부 칸에서 열린 제76회 칸 영화제에서 영화 "굿바이 줄리아" 포토콜 중 포즈를 취하고 있습니다
 Sudanese director Mohamed Kordofani poses during a photocall for the film "Goodbye Julia" at the 76th edition of the Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, southern France, on May 21, 2023.

칸, 프랑스 -
cannes, france —

"전쟁은 끝나지 않습니다. 칸 영화제에 선정된 최초의 수단 영화인 "굿바이 줄리아"의 한 등장인물은 "내일 이 영화가 다시 시작될 것입니다."라고 칸 영화제에 선정된 첫 번째 수단 영화입니다.
"The war never ends. Tomorrow it will start again," remarks a character in "Goodbye Julia," the first Sudanese film ever selected for Cannes.

이 영화는 수십 년간의 분쟁을 부추기는 인종차별을 탐구하고 있으며, 모하메드 코르도파니 감독은 칸 영화제의 화려한 레드카펫을 걷는 것에 대해 "반복적인 감정"을 인정했고, 그의 동료 수단인들은 폭탄 때문에 움츠러들고 있습니다.
It explores the racism fueling decades of conflict in the country, and director Mohamed Kordofani admitted to "contradictory feelings" about walking the glitzy red carpet of the Cannes Film Festival while his fellow Sudanese are cowering from bombs.

아이러니는 수단에서 새로운 분쟁이 발발하는 것과 그의 데뷔 장면이 일치할 것이라고 예상하지 않았던 코르도파니에게 잊혀지지 않았습니다.
The irony is not lost on Kordofani, who did not expect his debut feature to coincide with the breakout of a new conflict in Sudan.

그는 요트 선단이 내려다보이는 해변 테라스에서 AFP와 가진 인터뷰에서 "지금 저는 칸에 발이 묶였습니다,"라고 농담을 한 뒤 갈등과 집에 갈 수 없다는 사실에 "가슴이 아프다,"라고 진지하게 덧붙였습니다.
"Right now, I am stranded in Cannes," he joked in an interview with AFP on a seaside terrace overlooking a flotilla of yachts, before adding on a serious note that he was "heartbroken" by the conflict and the fact he could not go home.

"폭격은 멈출 필요가 있습니다," 라고 영화 제작 회사를 시작하기 위해 경력을 쌓은 전 항공기 엔지니어가 말했습니다.
"The bombing needs to stop," said the former aircraft engineer, who packed in his career to start a film production company.

"Goodbye Julia"는 칸에서 젊고 혁신적인 재능에 초점을 맞춘 부문인 Un secure regect 부문에서 상영되고 있습니다.
"Goodbye Julia" is playing in the Un Certain Regard category in Cannes, a segment focusing on young, innovative talent.

영화는 하르툼과 남부 분리주의자들 사이의 이전의 싸움이 끝난 후 2005년에 시작하여 2011년에 남수단이 독립하면서 끝이 납니다.
The film starts in 2005 after the end of an earlier bout of fighting, between Khartoum and the separatist south, and ends as South Sudan gains independence in 2011.

은폐된 살인 사건이 남부 수단 여성 줄리아를 북부 수단 여성 모나와 그녀의 고압적인 보수적인 남편과 어떻게 접촉하게 하는지에 대한 이야기를 담고 있습니다.
It tells the story of how a covered-up murder brings a southern Sudanese woman, Julia, into contact with a northern Sudanese woman, Mona, and her overbearing conservative husband.

'나만의 변신'
'My own transformation'

두 여성의 우정은 복잡하며, 중동과 북아프리카를 활보하는 아랍인과 흑인 아프리카인 사이의 인종차별적 저류가 극명하게 드러나고 있습니다.
The two women's friendship is complex, and the racist undercurrent between Arabs and black Africans that stalks the Middle East and North Africa is on stark display.

모나의 남편은 남부 사람들을 "노예"와 "야만인"으로 지칭하고, 그녀는 성 역할도 탐구되는 동안 자신의 뿌리 깊은 인종차별에 직면할 수밖에 없습니다.
Mona's husband refers to the southerners as "slaves" and "savages," and she is forced to confront her own ingrained racism, while gender roles are also explored.

코르도파니는 지난 10년 동안 자신의 관점이 어떻게 변했는지에 영감을 받았다고 말했습니다.
Kordofani said he was inspired by how his own views had changed over the past decade.

"저는 제가 이전의 관계에서 어떻게 행동하는지를 검토하기 시작했습니다. 저는 제 자신의 인종차별을 검토했습니다."
"I started to review how I was behaving in my previous relationships. I reviewed my own racism."

그는 수단에 차별이 너무 깊이 뿌리박혀 있어서 "지금까지도 내가 완전히 인종차별주의자가 아닌지 모르겠다"고 말했습니다
He said discrimination was so deeply ingrained in Sudan that "to this day, I don't know if I'm completely not racist."

인종차별주의가 수단의 현재 분쟁의 중심은 아니지만, 코르디파니는 이 나라가 하나의 깨진 휴전에서 다음 휴전으로 비틀거리고 주민들이 거의 식량이나 보급품을 가지고 있지 않기 때문에, 이 영화의 메시지는 여전히 관련이 있다고 말했습니다.
While racism is not at the heart of Sudan's current conflict, Kordifani said the film's message was still relevant, as the country lurches from one broken cease-fire to the next, and residents hunker down with barely any food or supplies.

"나는 우리가 변하지 않는 한 전쟁이 끝날 것이라고 생각하지 않습니다. 우리는 정부가 아니라 국민입니다. 우리는 평등해야 하고, 포용적이어야 하며, 공존하는 법을 배워야 합니다."
"I don't think the war will end unless we change. We the people, not the government. We need to be equal, and we need to be inclusive, and we need to learn to coexist."

비평가들은 "Goodbye Julia"를 따뜻하게 받았고, Screen은 "배가 아프고 감정적으로 보람 있는 이야기"라고 말했습니다
Critics have warmly received "Goodbye Julia," with Screen calling it "a gut-wrenching and emotionally rewarding tale."

할리우드 리포터는 "스릴러의 그늘"이 있다고 말하며 코르도파니의 "좋은 연출"을 칭찬했습니다
The Hollywood Reporter said it had "shades of a thriller" and praised Kordofani's "fine direction."

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.