본문 바로가기

문화

칸에서 세네갈 드라마와 경쟁하는 최초의 영화 제작자
First-Time Filmmaker Competes at Cannes with Senegalese Drama

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 23-05-22 01:54 댓글 0

본문

5월 프랑스 칸에서 열린 제76회 칸 영화제에서 라마타-툴라예 시 감독이 포즈를 취하고 있습니다
 "Banele e Adama" (Banel & Adama) director Ramata-Toulaye Sy poses at the 76th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France, May 21, 2023.

칸, 프랑스 -
Cannes, France —

칸 영화제 최고의 경쟁 부문에 오른 대부분의 영화인들은 수십 년간 몸담아온 유명 감독들입니다. 올해 한 가지 극적인 예외는 Ramata-Toulaye Sy인데, 그의 첫 번째 영화인 "Banel & Adama"는 황금종려상을 위해 경쟁하는 21개의 영화 중 하나입니다.
Most filmmakers in the Cannes Film Festival's top-rung competition are well-known directors who have been around for decades. One dramatic exception this year is Ramata-Toulaye Sy, a French-Senegalese filmmaker whose first film, "Banel & Adama," landed among the 21 films competing for the Palme d'Or.

"경쟁에 있다는 것은 경쟁에 있다는 것이 경쟁에 있다는 것을 의미한다는 것을 이제서야 깨닫습니다,"라고 칸에서 초연된 "베넬 & 아다마" 직후의 인터뷰에서 Sy는 웃으며 말했습니다. "이제 우리가 정말로 그 일을 하고 있는 동안, 저는 많은 열정이 돌고 있다는 것을 깨달았습니다."
"It's only now that I realize that being in competition means being in a competition," Sy said, laughing, in an interview shortly after "Banel & Adama" premiered in Cannes. "Now that we're really in the middle of it, I realize there's a lot of passion going around."

36세의 Sy는 올해 칸의 주요 라인업에서 유일하게 첫 번째입니다. 그녀는 또한 2019년에 "아틀란틱"이 데뷔한 프랑스-세네갈계 영화 제작자인 마티 디옵에 이어 황금종려상을 위해 경쟁한 두 번째 흑인 여성 감독입니다. 파리에서 자란 Sy에게 그것은 중요성의 구별이 아닙니다.
Sy, 36, is the sole first-timer in Cannes' main lineup this year. She is also only the second Black female director to ever compete for the Palme, following Mati Diop, also a French-Senegalese filmmaker, whose "Atlantics" debuted in 2019. For the Paris-raised Sy, it's not a distinction of significance.

"저는 영화 제작자이고 저는 우리가 흑인, 아랍인 또는 아시아인으로서 여성으로 간주되는 것을 멈추기를 정말 바랍니다,"라고 그녀는 말했습니다.
"I'm a filmmaker and I really wish we stopped being counted as women, as Black or Arab or Asian," she said.

또한 올해 황금종려상을 놓고 경쟁하는 유일한 아프리카를 배경으로 한 영화인 "바넬 & 아다마"에서 시는 신화와 비극이 섞인 빛나고 나른한 우화를 만듭니다.
In "Banel & Adama," also the only Africa-set film competing for the Palme this year, Sy crafts a radiant and languorous fable tinged with myth and tragedy.

바넬(카디 마네)과 아다마(마마두 디알로)는 세네갈 북부의 작은 마을에 사는 사랑에 깊이 빠진 부부입니다. 그들의 친밀한 낭만적인 전원에서, 그들은 그 지역의 전통에서 벗어나고 싶어합니다. 아다마는 촌장이 될 예정이지만 그렇게 하는 것에 관심이 없습니다. 바넬은 마을 밖의 모래 산 아래 묻힌 집에서 사는 것을 꿈꾼다.
Banel (Khady Mane) and Adama (Mamadou Diallo) are a deeply in love married couple living in a small village in northern Senegal. In their intimate romantic idyll, they wish to pull away from the local traditions. Adama is set to become village chief but is uninterested in doing so. Banel dreams of living outside the village, in a home buried under a mountain of sand.

바넬과 아다마가 천천히 모래를 쓸어내리려고 노력하는 동안, 그들만의 삶에 대한 갈망은 마을에 불안을 야기합니다. 특히 가뭄이 닥쳤을 때, 그들의 독립에 대한 저주로 여기는 사람들이 있습니다. 종종 불투명하기는 하지만, 이 영화는 일편단심이 점점 더 어두워지는 바넬의 심리에 대부분 머물러 있습니다.
While Banel and Adama slowly work to sweep away the sand, their yearning to live on their own causes angst in the village, especially when a drought arrives that some take as a curse for their independence. Though often opaque, the film stays largely with the psychology of Banel, whose single-mindedness grows increasingly dark.

"저는 처음에 바넬이 저라는 것을 인정하는 것을 상당히 꺼렸습니다."라고 Sy가 말했습니다. "이제는 분명히 저라고 고백해야겠어요. 나는 그녀의 여정에서 나 자신, 나의 질문, 나의 투쟁을 봅니다. 공동체 안에서 개인이 되는 방법은 정말로 저만의 질문입니다."
"I was quite reluctant at the start to acknowledge that Banel is me," Sy said. "Now I have to confess that it's definitely me. I see myself, my questions, my struggle in her journey. How to become an individual inside a community is really my own question."

Sy는 2014년 프랑스 영화 학교인 La Femis의 학생으로서 "Banel & Adama"를 쓰기 시작했습니다. 세네갈 이민자들의 딸인 Sy는 자신이 처음으로 문학에 끌렸다고 말합니다. 토니 모리슨의 "술라"와 엘레나 프레나테의 "나의 멋진 친구"와 같은 소설들은 "바넬과 아다마"에 영감을 주었습니다
Sy began writing "Banel & Adama" in 2014 as a student at La Fémis, the French film school. Sy, the daughter of Senegalese immigrants, says she was first drawn to literature. Novels like Toni Morrison's "Sula" and Elena Frenate's "My Brilliant Friend" inspired "Banel & Adama."

"사랑 이야기는 신화를 다루기 위한 구실이었습니다,"라고 그녀는 말합니다. "저는 그리스 비극에서 발견되는 이런 종류의 신화적인 여성 캐릭터를 갖고 싶었습니다."
"The love story was a pretext for to deal with myth," she says. "I wanted to have this kind of mythological female character that you find in Greek tragedy."

시는 국제적인 축제에서 연주된 아티크 라히미의 "나일강의 우리의 여인"과 차글라 젠시치와 기욤 조반네티의 "시벨"을 공동 집필했습니다. 그녀의 첫 단편 영화인 "아스텔"은 좋은 평가를 받았습니다.
Sy co-wrote Atiq Rahimi's "Our Lady of the Nile" and Çagla Zencirci and Guillaume Giovanetti's "Sibel" — both of which played at international festivals. Her first short film, "Astel," was well-received.

하지만 세네갈 시골에서 총격으로 인한 스트레스에 대해 그녀를 거의 준비시키지 못했습니다. 승무원들 사이의 더위, 모래 폭풍, 그리고 질병과 함께, Sy는 그녀의 Banel을 찾기 위해 고군분투했습니다. 결국, 그녀는 걸어 다니는 동안 마네를 발견했습니다.
But little prepared her for the stresses of shooting in rural Senegal. Along with heat, sandstorms and bouts of illness among the crew, Sy struggled to find her Banel. In the end, she found Mane while walking around.

"우리는 그녀를 제외한 모든 출연진이 있었습니다. 우리는 촬영하기 5개월 전에 시작했고 촬영하기 한 달 전에는 여전히 그녀가 없었습니다. 어느 날 저는 길을 걷고 있었고 제 눈은 이 소녀에게 고정되었습니다."라고 Sy는 말했습니다. "그녀가 저를 바라보는 방식이었습니다. 그녀의 시선은 약간 현명하고 약간 미친 것을 가지고 있었습니다."
"We had all the cast except for her. We started five months before shooting and one month before shooting we still didn't have her. One day I was walking down the street and my eyes locked on this girl," Sy said. "It was the way that she looked at me. Her gaze had something a bit wise and a bit crazy."

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.