케냐의 체베트와 로케디가 뉴욕 마라톤에서 첫 승을 거두었습니다. > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

케냐의 체베트와 로케디가 뉴욕 마라톤에서 첫 승을 거두었습니다.
Chebet and Lokedi of Kenya Win NYC Marathon Races in Debuts

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 22-11-06 17:43 댓글 0

본문

Sharon Lokedi, of Kenya, crosses the finish line first in the women's division of the New York City Marathon, in New York, Nov. 6, 2022.

케냐의 샤론 로케디가 11월 뉴욕에서 열린 뉴욕 마라톤 여자부에서 결승선을 먼저 통과하고 있습니다.
 Sharon Lokedi, of Kenya, crosses the finish line first in the women's division of the New York City Marathon, in New York, Nov. 6, 2022.

뉴욕 —입니다.
NEW YORK —

케냐의 에반스 체벳과 샤론 로케디가 일요일 뉴욕 마라톤 데뷔전에서 큰 성공을 거두었습니다.
Kenyans Evans Chebet and Sharon Lokedi made huge splashes in their New York City Marathon debuts Sunday.

체벳은 1986년 11월 마라톤으로 옮겨진 이후 70년대의 기온으로 경주 역사상 가장 더운 날씨 중 하나가 된 계절에 맞지 않는 따뜻한 날에 남자 경주에서 우승했고 로케디는 여자 마라톤에서 처음으로 우승했습니다.
Chebet won the men's race and Lokedi the women's race in her first-ever marathon on an unseasonably warm day, with temperatures in the 70s making it one of the hottest in race history since the marathon was moved to November in 1986.

체베는 2위 에티오피아의 슈라 키타타보다 13초 앞선 2시간 8분 41초로 경기를 마쳤습니다.
Chebet finished in 2 hours, 8 minutes and 41 seconds, which was 13 seconds ahead of second-place finisher Shura Kitata of Ethiopia.

남자 경주에서 내내 선두를 달리던 Daniel Do Nascimento가 21마일 지점에서 쓰러지는 무서운 순간이 있었습니다. 경주 관계자들은 나중에 그가 괜찮다고 말했습니다.
There was a scary moment in the men's race when Daniel Do Nascimento, who had been leading the entire way, collapsed 21 miles in. Race officials said later that he was OK.

그 브라질 선수는 코스 기록 속도보다 2분 앞서 1분 01초 22의 맹렬한 속도로 경주의 전반전을 달렸습니다. 그는 속도를 조금 늦추기 시작하기 전에 처음 15마일 동안 거의 2분 차이로 앞서고 있었습니다.
The Brazilian ran the first half of the race in a blistering 1:01.22, which put him 2 minutes ahead of the course record pace. He had been leading by nearly 2 minutes for the first 15 miles before he started to slow down a bit.

도나시멘토는 맨하탄으로 돌아가기 직전에 내려갔고, 의료 전문가들이 재빨리 치료를 받았습니다. 몇 마일 전에, 그는 20초간의 짧은 화장실 휴식을 취했고, 쓰러지기 몇 분 전에 잠깐 걸음을 멈추기도 했습니다.
Do Nascimento went down right before heading back into Manhattan and was quickly attended to by medical professionals. A few miles earlier, he had taken a quick 20-second bathroom break and also had stopped to walk briefly a few minutes before he collapsed.

Evans Chebet, of Kenya, crosses the finish line first in the men's division of the New York City Marathon, in New York, Nov. 6, 2022.

케냐의 에반스 체벳이 11월 뉴욕에서 열린 뉴욕 마라톤 남자부 결승선을 먼저 통과하고 있습니다.
 Evans Chebet, of Kenya, crosses the finish line first in the men's division of the New York City Marathon, in New York, Nov. 6, 2022.

체벳은 그라운드에서 도 나시멘토를 보고 "그에게 미안했지만 계속 경주해야 했다"고 말했습니다.
Chebet saw Do Nascimento on the ground and said he "felt bad for him but had to continue to race."

"그는 덥고 습하며 (Do Nascimento)가 빠른 속도로 가고 있다는 것을 알고 있었습니다,"라고 Chebet은 번역기를 통해 말했습니다. "그는 많은 경험을 가지고 있고, 그는 그가 자신을 능가할 것이라는 것을 알고 있었습니다."
"He knew that it was hot and humid and (Do Nascimento) was going at a high pace," Chebet said through a translator. "He has a lot of experience, and he knew he was going to surpass him."

33세의 체벳은 맨하탄으로 가는 다리를 건너던 도 나시멘토를 쫓을 때 무리로부터 벗어났습니다. Do Nascimento가 무너진 후, Chebet이 주도권을 잡았고 나머지 과정에서는 위협을 받지 않았습니다.
Chebet, 33, pulled away from the pack when chasing Do Nascimento as they headed over the bridge into Manhattan for the first time. After Do Nascimento's collapse, Chebet took the lead and wasn't threatened the rest of the way.

체베는 올해 초 보스턴 마라톤에서 우승했습니다.
Chebet won the Boston Marathon earlier this year.

"보스턴은 사실 더 힘들었고 그것은 그가 뉴욕을 위한 승리를 준비했습니다,"라고 번역가는 체베트를 위해 말했습니다. "그는 매우 감사합니다."
"Boston was actually harder and it prepared him for the win for New York," the translator said for Chebet. "He's very thankful."

이 승리는 경주에 참가한 미국 남성들에게 가뭄을 계속했습니다. 2009년 이후 미국의 어떤 주자도 우승하지 못했습니다. 미국인들의 최고의 희망인 Galen Rupp는 19마일 지점 바로 전에 경주에서 철수하기 전에 추격전에 있었습니다.
The victory continued a drought for American men in the race: No runner from the U.S. has won since 2009. The Americans' top hope, Galen Rupp, was in the chase pack before withdrawing from the race right before the 19-mile mark.

그것은 로케디의 첫 마라톤이었고, 그녀는 이스라엘의 로나 켐타이 살페터를 바로 앞서는 2분 23.23초로 끝마쳤습니다.
It was Lokedi's first-ever marathon, and she finished in 2:23.23 — just ahead of Lonah Chemtai Salpeter of Israel.

"저는 방금 우승해서 너무 행복해요, 알죠?"라고 로케디가 웃으며 말했습니다. "저는 정말 흥분되고, 여기서 해낸 것이 너무 행복합니다. 밖에 있는 사람들, 코스, 환호성, 모든 것이 놀라웠습니다. 그저 감사할 따름입니다.
"I'm just so happy that I just won, you know?!" said Lokedi, laughing. "I'm really excited, just so happy that I did it here. The people out there, the course was amazing, the cheers, everything. I'm just thankful."

이 28세의 선수는 마지막 2마일에서 켐타이 살페터를 7초 차이로 이기고 코스 기록에서 약 50초 차이로 끝내기 전에 팽팽한 경주를 하고 있었습니다.
The 28-year-old was in a tight race before she pulled ahead of Chemtai Salpeter in the final 2 miles to win by seven seconds and finish about 50 seconds off the course record.

"저는 이길 것이라고 기대하지 않았습니다. 저는 잘 달릴 것이라고 기대했습니다."라고 Lokedi가 말했습니다. "좋은 결과였고 정말 흥분됩니다."
"I didn't expect to win, I expected to run well," Lokedi said. "It was a good outcome and I'm really excited."

한 시간 앞서 남녀 휠체어 경기는 코스 기록이 깨지는 등 막을 내렸습니다.
An hour earlier, the men's and women's wheelchair races ended with course records being broken.

스위스의 마르셀 허그가 남자 휠체어 경주에서 5번째 우승을 차지했고, 그 경기에서 커트 피어리와 동률을 이루며 역대 최다 우승 기록을 세웠습니다. Hug는 2006년 호주의 Fearnley가 세운 1분 29.22초의 이전 기록을 깨기 위해 뉴욕의 5개 자치구 모두를 통과하는 26.2 마일 (42.2 킬로미터) 코스를 1분 25.26초로 마쳤습니다.
Marcel Hug of Switzerland was victorious in the men's wheelchair race for the fifth time, tying Kurt Fearnley for most-ever victories in that event. Hug finished the 26.2-mile (42.2 kilometers) course that goes through all five boroughs of New York in 1:25.26 to break the previous mark of 1:29.22 set by Fearnley of Australia in 2006.

"여건이 우리에게 아주 좋았습니다. 전반전에 꼬리바람이 불어요. 아주 좋은 조건이었어요. 저는 그것이 이유라고 생각합니다," 라고 기록 시간에 대해 허그가 말했습니다. "저는 시간을 몰랐어요. 최대한 빨리 가고 시간에 집중하지 않는 게 목표였습니다."
"The conditions were great for us. A tail wind the first half. It was very good conditions. I think that's the reason," Hug said of the record time. "I didn't know the time. My goal was to go as fast as possible and didn't focus on the time."

작년에 경주에서도 우승한 허그는 코스 기록을 깨서 5만 달러를 벌었습니다. 그는 2위 다니엘 로만추크(일리노이)보다 2분 이상 앞서 결승선을 통과했습니다.
Hug, who also won the race last year, earned $50,000 for besting the course record. He crossed the finish line more than 2 minutes ahead of second-place finisher Daniel Romanchuk of Illinois.

"은총탄"이라는 별명을 가진 36세의 허그는 지난 해 도쿄 패럴림픽뿐만 아니라 2022년 도쿄, 베를린, 런던, 시카고 마라톤에서 4개의 금메달을 따는 등 상당한 행진을 하고 있습니다.
The 36-year-old Hug, nicknamed the "The Silver Bullet," has been on quite a streak, winning four gold medals at the Tokyo Paralympics last year as well as the Tokyo, Berlin, London and Chicago Marathons in 2022.

수잔나 스카로니 또한 여자 휠체어 경주에서 1분 42.43초로 코스 기록을 깼습니다. 그것은 타티아나 맥파든이 보유하고 있던 이전 마크보다 21초 더 나았습니다.
Susannah Scaroni also broke the course record in the women's wheelchair race, finishing in 1:42.43. That was 21 seconds better than the old mark, which was held by Tatyana McFadden.

일리노이주 출신의 31살 스카로니 선수는 일찍 필드를 떠났고 코스 기록 1위로 보너스 돈을 벌기도 했습니다. 스카로니는 지난 달 시카고 마라톤에서 우승했고 2019년에 3위를 한 후 뉴욕에서 처음으로 우승했습니다.
Scaroni, a 31-year-old from Illinois, pulled away from the field early and also earned the bonus money for topping the course record. Scaroni won the Chicago Marathon last month and was victorious for the first time in New York after finishing third in 2019.

팬데믹 이후 처음으로 만원으로 돌아온 51회 마라톤을 시작한 5만 명의 주자들에게 따뜻한 날씨는 이상적이지 않았습니다. 경주 주최측은 26.2마일(42.2km)의 경주 코스에 9개의 미스트 스테이션이 있었고 바나나와 에너지 젤뿐만 아니라 길을 따라 이용할 수 있는 충분한 물이 있었다고 말했습니다.
The warm weather wasn't ideal for the 50,000 runners who started the 51st edition of the marathon, which was back to full capacity for the first time since the pandemic. Race organizers said that there were nine misting stations on the 26.2-mile (42.2 kilometers) racecourse and there was plenty of water available along the way as well as bananas and energy gels.

2년 연속 완주한 애쉬튼 커처와 첼시 클린턴을 포함하여 경주에 참가한 유명인사들이 몇 명 있었습니다. 둘 다 자선을 위해 뛰고 있었습니다.
There were a couple of celebrities who ran the race, including Ashton Kutcher and Chelsea Clinton, who completed it for a second straight year. Both were running for charity.

뉴욕 양키스의 홈런 챔피언 아론 저지의 아내인 사만다 저지도 마라톤을 뛰었습니다. 그 야구 자유 계약 선수는 그녀가 양키스의 외야수/지명 타자 지안카를로 스탠튼과 함께 끝마쳤을 때 그녀에게 메달을 수여했습니다.
Samantha Judge, the wife of New York Yankees' home run champion Aaron Judge, also ran the marathon. The baseball free agent presented her with her medal when she finished along with Yankees outfielder/designated hitter Giancarlo Stanton.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.