베이커가 마침내 애스트로스와 함께 감독으로서 시리즈 타이틀을 거머쥐었습니다. > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

베이커가 마침내 애스트로스와 함께 감독으로서 시리즈 타이틀을 거머쥐었습니다.
Baker Finally Wins Series Title as Manager With Astros

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 22-11-06 01:21 댓글 0

본문

Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker Jr. and the Houston Astros celebrate their 4-1 World Series win against the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 6 on Nov. 5, 2022, in Houston.

휴스턴 애스트로스의 감독 더스티 베이커 주니어와 휴스턴 애스트로스가 2022년 11월 5일 휴스턴에서 열린 필라델피아 필리스와의 6차전에서 4-1로 승리한 것을 축하하고 있습니다.
 Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker Jr. and the Houston Astros celebrate their 4-1 World Series win against the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 6 on Nov. 5, 2022, in Houston.

HUSTON -
HOUSTON —

현재와 영원히, 서사시 스토리텔러, 일류 네임드롭퍼, 이쑤시개 씹는 사람, 야구선수인 더스티 베이커는 가장 뛰어난 직함을 갖게 될 것입니다. 월드 시리즈 챔피언 감독입니다.
For now and forever, Dusty Baker, the epic storyteller, first-class name-dropper, toothpick chewer and baseball lifer will bear a most distinguished title: World Series champion manager.

다른 사람들과 이야기를 짜식할 수 있는 남자는 행크 아론스의 지도자인 Jim 헨드 헨드릭스와 만날 기회를 가졌다.케네디 JR. 그리고 많은 많은 많은 사람들이 토요일 밤 자신의 이야기를 완성했다.
The man who can weave a tale like few others, wistfully recalling his time under Hank Aaron's tutelage or chance encounters with Jimi Hendrix, John F. Kennedy Jr. and countless more, completed the only missing chapter in his own story Saturday night.

빅 리그 주장으로서 25시즌을 보낸 후, 73세의 베이커는 휴스턴 애스트로스가 필라델피아 필리스에 4대 1로 이겨 우승을 차지했을 때 마침내 집으로 가는 길까지 성공했습니다.
After 25 seasons as a big league skipper peppered with a couple of painful near-misses, the 73-year-old Baker finally made it all the way home when his Houston Astros beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-1 to win the title.

6회 요단 알바레즈가 전진 3점 홈런으로 연결했을 때, 카메라들은 양팔을 머리 위로 높이 들어올린 빛나는 베이커에게로 이동했습니다.
When Yordan Alvarez connected on a go-ahead three-run homer in the sixth inning, cameras panned to a beaming Baker who raised both arms high above his head.

그는 Fall Classic으로 가는 세 번째 여행에서 월드 시리즈를 우승한 최고령 감독이 되었습니다. 선수로서 그는 1981년에 모든 것을 우승하면서 다저스와 세 번 갔습니다.
He became the oldest manager to win a World Series in his third trip as a manager to the Fall Classic. As a player he went three times with the Dodgers, winning it all in 1981.

그는 월드 시리즈 타이틀 없이 가장 많은 승리를 거둔 감독으로 토요일 경기에 들어갔고 이 가장 기억에 남는 승리로 2,094-1,790으로 향상되었습니다.
He entered Saturday's game as the winningest manager without a World Series title and improved to 2,094-1,790 with this most memorable victory.

저는 2,000승을 올렸고 그들은 제가 아직 월드 시리즈에서 우승하지 못했다는 이야기만 합니다," 라고 그가 목요일에 말했습니다.
“I got 2,000 wins and all they talk about is I haven't won the World Series yet,” he said Thursday.

그들은 더 이상 그렇게 말할 수 없습니다.
They can't say that anymore.

그는 월드 시리즈에서 우승한 유일한 흑인 감독으로서 데이브 로버츠(Dave Roberts, 2020)와 시토 개스턴(Blue Jays, 1992, 1993)에 합류합니다.
He joins Dave Roberts (Dodgers, 2020) and Cito Gaston (Blue Jays, 1992, 1993) as the only Black managers to win a World Series.

"저는 매일 거울을 보고 제가 무엇인지 알기 때문에 아프리카계 미국인 감독이 되는 것에 대해 생각하지 않습니다," 라고 경기 전에 그가 말했습니다. "제가 무슨 말을 하는지 아시겠어요? (하지만) 저를 끌어당기는 많은 사람들, 특히 유색인종들로부터 어떤 압력이 있다는 것을 알고 있습니다. 그리고 그 부분은 제가 느낍니다. 매일 듣습니다. 그래서 저는 이 일로 선택되었다고 느낍니다."
“I don't think about being an African American manager because I look in the mirror every day and I know what I am,” he said before the game. “You know what I'm saying? (But) I do know that there's certain pressure from a lot of people that are pulling for me, especially people of color. And that part I do feel. I hear it every day. and so I feel that I've been chosen for this.”

그는 휴스턴을 야구에서 가장 미운 팀으로 만든 2017년 스캔들로 얼룩진 이후 처음으로 애스트로스의 두 번째 월드 시리즈 우승을 도왔습니다. 베이커는 그 후 팀의 이미지를 정리하는 데 도움을 주었고 일부 사람들은 그를 존경했기 때문에 애스트로스를 마지못해 응원하기 시작했습니다.
He helped the Astros to their second World Series title and first since the scandal-tainted one in 2017 that made Houston the most hated team in baseball. Baker helped clean up the team's image after that and some begrudgingly began rooting for the Astros because they admired him.

경기 내내 사랑받는 동안, 그는 빠르게 휴스턴에서 팬들이 가장 좋아하는 선수가 되었습니다. 토요일 밤 몇몇 팬들은 자랑스럽게 "Do it 4 Dusty"라고 쓰인 표지판을 전시했습니다.
While beloved across the game, he quickly became a fan favorite in Houston. Saturday night several fans proudly displayed signs that read “Do it 4 Dusty.”

Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker Jr. watches play during the first inning in Game 6 of baseball's World Series between the Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies on Nov. 5, 2022, in Houston.

휴스턴 애스트로스의 감독 더스티 베이커 주니어가 2022년 11월 5일 휴스턴 애스트로스와 필라델피아 필리스의 야구 월드 시리즈 6차전에서 1회 동안 경기를 지켜보고 있습니다.
 Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker Jr. watches play during the first inning in Game 6 of baseball's World Series between the Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies on Nov. 5, 2022, in Houston.

베이커는 메이저 리그 역사상 12번째로 2,000승을 달성한 감독이자 흑인 최초로 그렇게 한 사람입니다. 최소 2,000승을 쌓은 11명의 다른 감독 중 10명이 명예의 전당에 입성했습니다. 아직 자격이 없는 Bruce Bochy (2,003)는 유일한 예외입니다.
Baker is the 12th manager in major league history to reach 2,000 wins and the first Black man to do it. Ten of the 11 other managers who have accumulated at least 2,000 wins are in the Hall of Fame. Bruce Bochy (2,003), who isn't yet eligible, is the only exception.

베이커는 휴스턴에 오기 전에 샌프란시스코, 시카고 컵스, 신시내티, 워싱턴을 감독했습니다. 그는 메이저리그 역사상 다섯 개의 다른 팀을 포스트시즌에 데려간 유일한 감독입니다.
Baker managed San Francisco, the Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati and Washington before coming to Houston. He's the only manager in major league history to take five different teams to the postseason.

베이커는 전에 가까이 온 적이 있습니다. 2002년, 배리 본즈가 출연하는 샌프란시스코 자이언츠는 애너하임 에인절스와의 6차전에 출전하여 타이틀로부터 승리했습니다. 그 시리즈의 마지막 두 경기의 로드 팀으로서, 자이언츠는 에인절스가 7차전에서 4대 1로 우승하기 전에 여섯 번째 경기에서 6대 5로 패배하면서 5점 리드를 허비했습니다.
Baker had come close before. In 2002, his San Francisco Giants starring Barry Bonds entered Game 6 against the Anaheim Angels a win away from a title. As the road team for the last two games of that series, the Giants squandered a five-run lead in a 6-5 loss in the sixth game before the Angels won the title with a 4-1 victory in Game 7.

7차전에서 참패한 후, 베이커는 아버지 조니 B를 만났습니다. 베이커 시니어는 거친 메시지를 전달했습니다.
After the crushing loss in Game 7, Baker met with his father, Johnnie B. Baker Sr., who delivered a harsh message.

베이커는 지난해 "그는 '이 사람아, (당신이) 그 하나를 잃은 후, 나는 당신이 또 다른 하나를 이길 수 있을지 모르겠다'고 말했습니다."라고 회상했습니다.
“He goes: ‘Man, after the way (you) lost that one, I don't know if you'll ever win another one,'” Baker recalled last year.

아버지가 돌아가신 지 10년이 넘었지만 그는 여전히 매일 아버지를 생각하고 종종 그 순간을 떠올립니다. 그는 아버지가 틀렸다는 것을 증명하도록 내몰렸습니다.
Even though his father has been gone for more than a decade he still thinks about him every day and often recalls that moment. He's been driven to prove his father wrong.

2017년 97승 시즌에 이어 내셔널스에 의해 해고된 후, 베이커는 그가 그 이해하기 어려운 타이틀을 얻기는커녕 관리할 다른 기회를 얻을 수 있을지 궁금해했습니다.
After being fired by the Nationals following a 97-win season in 2017, Baker wondered if he'd ever get another shot to manage, much less win that elusive title.

북부 캘리포니아에 있는 고향에서 와인 사업을 하고 정원에서 콜라드 그린을 재배하면서, 그는 종종 몇 년 동안 대답이 없는 질문을 하고 관리직 자리가 왔다 갔다 할 때 인터뷰를 위해 여러 번 거절당했다는 당혹감을 느꼈습니다.
Back home in Northern California, as he worked on his wine business and grew collard greens in his garden, he often felt perplexed he had been passed over for interviews so many times as managerial openings came and went, having made inquiries that he said were unanswered over the years.

그 후 2019년이 왔고 2017년과 2018년에 애스트로스가 불법적으로 사인을 훔쳤다는 놀라운 사실이 드러났습니다. A.J. 힌치 감독은 1년간 정직 처분을 받았고, 그 후 해고되었고, 베이커가 경기에 복귀할 수 있는 길을 열었습니다.
Then came 2019 and the stunning revelation that the Astros had illicitly stolen signs in 2017 and again in 2018. Manager A.J. Hinch was suspended for a year and subsequently fired, making way for Baker to return to the game.

Baker는 2020년 COVID-19 단축 시즌을 위해 인수했습니다. 애스트로스는 월드 시리즈 진출이 1승 남짓 남은 플레이오프에 진출하기 전에 와일드카드 팀으로서 포스트시즌에 뛰어들었습니다.
Baker took over for the 2020 COVID-19-shortened season. The Astros squeaked into the postseason as a wild-card team before heating up in playoffs to come one win shy of reaching the World Series.

베이커는 지난 시즌 시리즈에 복귀했지만 휴스턴이 6경기에서 애틀랜타에 떨어지면서 다시 부진에 빠졌습니다.
Baker made his return to the Series last season but came up short again as Houston fell to Atlanta in six games.

베이커는 2021년 1월 86세의 나이로 사망한 아론과 평생 친구였습니다. 그는 아마 작년에 브레이브스를 상대로 애런을 자기 편으로 두지 않았을 것이지만, 이번에는 상황이 달라져야 한다고 농담했습니다.
Baker was lifelong friends with Aaron, who died in January 2021 at 86. He joked that he probably didn't have Aaron on his side last year against his Braves, but that things should be different this time around.

"그는 아마 작년에 브레이브스를 응원했을 것입니다,"라고 베이커는 지난달 말했습니다. "저는 이제 그가 저를 응원하고 있다고 생각합니다."
“He was probably rooting for the Braves last year,” Baker said last month. “I figure now he's rooting for me.”

Hammerin' Hank는 Baker가 그의 가장 큰 이정표를 위해 그의 곁에 있었기 때문에 그의 친구가 마침내 이 이정표에 도달하는 것을 보는 것을 분명히 자랑스러워 했을 것입니다.
Hammerin' Hank would certainly have been proud to see his buddy finally reach this milestone since Baker was by his side for his biggest one.

베이커는 데크에 있었고 브레이브스 사이에 1974년 4월 8일 그가 베이브 루스를 가장 많이 패스하는 데 715번째 홈런을 쳤을 때 애런과 함께 축하하기 위해 타석에 모였습니다.
Baker was on deck and among the Braves congregated at the plate to celebrate with Aaron on April 8, 1974, when he hit his 715th home run to pass Babe Ruth for most all-time.

베이커는 이번 주 초에 아빠, 엄마, 애런과 다른 많은 사람들에 대해 생각했습니다.
Baker thought about his dad, mom, Aaron and so many others he's lost earlier this week.

"며칠 전 그날은 올 소울즈 데이였고 저는 제가 함께 놀고 자랐고 제 삶에 영향을 미쳤던 모든 남자들에 대해 생각합니다,"라고 그는 말했습니다. "그리고 당신은 영혼에 대해 생각합니다 - 모든 영혼의 날은 당신을 보호하고 있는 천사들에 관한 것입니다. 그리고 저는 그것을 믿습니다."
“A couple days ago it was All Souls Day and I think about all the guys that I've played with and grew up with and that influenced my life,” he said. “And you think about the souls that - All Souls Day is about the angels that are protecting you. And I believe in that.”

베이커는 토요일 야구장에 오기 전에 평범한 일상을 겪었습니다. 그는 라이스 빌리지에서 가장 좋아하는 장소에서 커피를 집어들고 세탁소에서 옷을 회수했습니다.
Baker went through his normal routine before coming to the ballpark Saturday. He picked up coffee from a favorite spot in Rice Village and retrieved his clothes from the dry cleaners.

베이커는 또한 밑창이 벗겨져 수리하고 있던 "비싼 신발"을 가지러 구두방에게 갔습니다.
Baker also went to the cobbler to get some “expensive shoes” that he was having repaired because the sole came off.

좋아, 토요일 밤, 토요일 밤, 그는 명예의 홀로 걸어갈 가능성이 있는 신발이 필요할 것이다.
Good thing, too, because after Saturday night's win he'll need a nice pair of shoes at the end of his career for a likely walk into the Hall of Fame.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.