콩고의 독학 Guitarmaker Caters to the Stars > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

콩고의 독학 Guitarmaker Caters to the Stars
Congo's Self-Taught Guitarmaker Caters to the Stars

페이지 정보

작성자 Reuters 작성일 21-11-13 02:30 댓글 0

본문

Guitar luthier Misoko Nzalayala Jean-Luther, alias Socklo, 61, works at his workshop in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Oct.18, 2021.

기타 루디에 미소코 은잘라야라 장 루더, 별명 소클로, 61세, 콩고민주공화국 킨샤사의 작업장에서 일하고 있습니다.
 Guitar luthier Misoko Nzalayala Jean-Luther, alias Socklo, 61, works at his workshop in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Oct.18, 2021.

콩고 민주 공화국 수도 킨샤사의 뒷골목에 있는 양철 창고에서 61세의 맨발의 장-루더 미소코 은랄라 일명 소클로가 기타의 목을 닮기 시작한 나무 덩어리를 칼로 후려치고 있습니다.
In a tin shed in the backstreets of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo's capital, a barefoot 61-year old Jean-Luther Misoko Nzalayala, aka Socklo, hacks with a machete at a lump of wood that is starting to resemble the neck of a guitar.

나중에, 그는 플레이어를 프렛 보드 주위를 안내하기 위해 흰색 플라스틱 의자 조각을 상감으로 두드리고 오토바이 브레이크 케이블의 실을 끈으로 고정합니다.
Later, he hammers bits of white plastic chair into it as inlay to help guide players around the fret board, and fixes threads of motorbike brake cable as strings.

"처음에는 당신이 기꺼이 앉을 수 있는 의자였습니다. 그것이 죽은 후, 저는 그것을 다시 살렸고, 그것은 부활할 것입니다,"라고 그는 깨지고 반쯤 지어진 여러 대의 기타와 콩고 독재자 고 모부투 세 세코의 희미해진 사진에 둘러싸여 말했습니다.
"First it was a chair that you were happy to sit on. After it died, I gave it a second life, and it will be resurrected," he said, surrounded by jumble of broken and half-built guitars, and a fading picture of Congo's late dictator Mobutu Sese Seko.

Guitar luthier Misoko Nzalayala Jean-Luther, alias Socklo, 61, gestures while he holds one of his instruments at his workshop in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Oct.18, 2021.

기타 루디에 미소코 은잘라야라 장 루더, 별명 소클로, 61세, 그가 10월 콩고민주공화국 킨샤사에 있는 그의 작업장에서 악기들 중 하나를 들고 있는 동안 제스처를 취하고 있습니다.
 Guitar luthier Misoko Nzalayala Jean-Luther, alias Socklo, 61, gestures while he holds one of his instruments at his workshop in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Oct.18, 2021.

40여 년 동안 독학한 루티어는 다양한 재활용 재료와 현지 하드우드를 사용하여 아프리카의 음악 메카 중 하나와 같은 강도로 노래하는 기타를 만들어 왔습니다.
For over 40 years the self-taught luthier has used a variety recycled materials and local hardwoods to create guitars that sing with the raw intensity of one of Africa's musical meccas.

Socklo의 열정은 1975년 콩고 남서부 Kikwit에 있는 그의 마을에서 시작되었는데, 그 때 그는 친구가 그에게 준 기타를 분해하고 복사했습니다.
Socklo's passion began in his village in Kikwit, southwestern Congo, in 1975, when he dismantled and copied a guitar a friend had given him.

"저는 아무것도 측정하지 않았어요... 그리고 제가 그것을 연주했을 때, 그것은 무너지기 시작했습니다,"라고 그는 말했습니다. "저는 그 결과에 정말 실망했지만, 계속해서 노력했습니다."
"I didn't measure anything... and when I played it, it began to collapse," he said. "I was really disappointed by the result, but I kept trying."

3년 후, 그는 킨샤사로 이사했고, 그곳에서 사촌에게 첫 기타를 팔았습니다. "저는 킨샤사 같은 도시에 사는 사람들이 이런 기타를 좋아한다는 것을 상상할 수 없었습니다. 용기를 줬어요.
Three years later, he moved to Kinshasa, where he sold his first guitar to his cousin. "I couldn't imagine that people in a city like Kinshasa could like a guitar like this. It gave me courage."

그는 자신의 기술을 향상시키고 디자인을 정교하게 다듬기 위해 부정적인 피드백을 사용했습니다. 곧 불평이 줄어들었고, 국내외 음악가들이 그의 양철 창고로 몰려들었습니다.
He used negative feedback to improve his craft and finesse his designs. Soon there were fewer complaints, and local and international musicians were flocking to his tin shed.

콩고 음악 스타 주피터 보콘지는 소클로의 소리를 좋아했고, 그에게 전기를 켜달라고 부탁했습니다. 그 결과는 20배 이상 비싼 최고의 기타 브랜드보다 훨씬 더 진품이라고 주피터는 말했습니다.
Congolese music star Jupiter Bokondji loved Socklo's sound, and asked him to go electric. The result, Jupiter said, is far more authentic than top guitar brands, which cost upwards of 20 times more.

Guitar luthier Misoko Nzalayala Jean-Luther, alias Socklo, 61, works at his workshop in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Oct. 18, 2021.

기타 루디에 미소코 은잘라야라 장 루더, 별명 소클로, 61세, 콩고민주공화국 킨샤사의 작업장에서 일하고 있습니다.
 Guitar luthier Misoko Nzalayala Jean-Luther, alias Socklo, 61, works at his workshop in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Oct. 18, 2021.

"전 세계에서 연주했는데, 모두가 놀랐어요. 기타가 연주하는 모습을 보니 마치 토네이도 같습니다."라고 주피터는 말했습니다.
"I have played it all over the world; everyone is amazed. To see that guitar doing what it does, the way it plays, it's like a tornado," Jupiter said.

수년간 록앤롤 가수 조니 할리데이와 함께 투어를 했던 프랑스 기타리스트 야롤 푸포는 소클로의 창작품 중 4개를 구입했습니다.
Yarol Poupaud, a French guitarist who toured with rock-and-roll singer Johnny Hallyday for years, has bought four of Socklo's creations.

"그것은 작은 결점이 있습니다; 완벽하지는 않지만, 그것은 정말로 마법을 만듭니다,"라고 푸포드는 콩고 국기가 새겨진 파란색 스타버스트 기타를 힘차게 치며 말했습니다.
"It has little imperfections; it's not perfect, but that really makes the magic," Poupaud said, strumming on a blue starburst guitar emblazoned with Congo's flag.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.