[뉴스 풍경] 한국 문화 역사 배우고 알리는 미 대학생들 > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

[뉴스 풍경] 한국 문화 역사 배우고 알리는 미 대학생들
College students who learn and promote Korean cultural history.

페이지 정보

작성자 장양희 작성일 21-11-13 01:20 댓글 0

본문

독도 전경 (자료사진)

독도 전경 (자료사진)
A panoramic view of Dokdo Island.

매주 금요일 북한 관련 화제성 소식을 전해 드리는 ‘뉴스 풍경’입니다. 미국에서 나고 자란 대학생들이 한국에서 한국의 언어와 문화, 역사를 배우고 알리는 활동을 벌이고 있습니다. 장양희 기자가 취재했습니다.
It is a "news scene" that delivers news about North Korea every Friday. College students born and raised in the United States are learning and promoting Korean language, culture, and history in Korea. Reporter Jang Yang-hee covered it.

[뉴스 풍경] 한국 문화 역사 배우고 알리는 미 대학생들please wait

Embed share
Embed share

[뉴스 풍경] 한국 문화 역사 배우고 알리는 미 대학생들
[News scene] College students who learn and promote Korean culture history. 제작: VOA
Produced by: VOA.

Embed share
Embed share

The code has been copied to your clipboard.
코드가 클립보드에 복사되었습니다.

The URL has been copied to your clipboard
URL이 클립보드에 복사되었습니다.

No media source currently available
현재 사용 가능한 미디어 소스가 없습니다.

0:00 0:10:41 0:00
0:00 0:10:41 0:00

다운로드
Download.

• 128 kbps | MP3
    128 kbps | MP3
  • 64 kbps | MP3
    64 kbps | MP3

1999년 설립된 민간단체 ‘반크(VANK: Voluntary Agency Network of Korea)’는 한국의 청소년들이 주축이 돼 세계적인 온라인 네트워크를 구축하고 전 세계에 한국의 역사와 문화를 알리는 자칭 ’사이버 외교사절단’입니다.
Founded in 1999, the private organization "VANK: Voluntary Agency Network of Korea" is a self-proclaimed "cyber diplomatic mission" led by Korean teenagers to build a global online network and promote Korean history and culture around the world.

직업외교관이 아니어도 손전화만 있으면 누구나 외교활동이 가능하다고 홍보하는 이 단체에는 현재 12만여 명의 한국인과 외국인 회원이 가입해 있습니다.
There are currently 120,000 Koreans and foreign members in this organization, which promotes that anyone can engage in diplomatic activities with a phone even if they are not professional diplomats.

이들은 각종 홍보영상을 제작해 배포하고, 1천여 개 미주 한글학교를 대상으로 한반도 역사와 문화를 교육하며, 미 주류사회에 독도영유권 문제, 위안부 역사, 동해 표기 등 외교적 갈등이 얽힌 한반도 역사를 바로 잡는 활동을 벌이고 있습니다.
They produce and distribute various promotional videos, educate more than 1,000 Hangeul schools on the Korean Peninsula, and correct the history of the Korean Peninsula, which involves diplomatic conflicts such as Dokdo English rights, Japanese Military Sexual Slavery history, and East Sea notation.

특히 회원들이 한반도 분단 상황에 대해 파악하고 적극적인 민간외교 활동을 벌이도록 돕고, 해외 회원들을 위한 직접 강의도 이어가고 있습니다.
In particular, we help members understand the division of the Korean Peninsula, actively engage in private diplomatic activities, and continue direct lectures for overseas members.

반크 설립자인 박기태 대표는 VOA에 미국뿐 아니라 해외 교육 현장에서 한국의 역사는 왜곡되거나 축소되고 있다며, 바로 잡아야 할 문제라고 강조합니다.
CEO Park Ki-tae, founder of VANK, stresses in VOA that Korea's history is being distorted or reduced not only in the United States but also in overseas education sites, and that it is a matter to be corrected.

한국의 일제강점기 시기 일본군 성노예였던 위안부에 대해서는 배울 기회가 있었지만 한국의 독립운동에 대해서는 몰랐다는 사만다 가르시아 씨.
Samantha Garcia, who had a chance to learn about Japanese Military Sexual Slavery, a Japanese army during the Japanese colonial era period of Korea, but did not know about Korea's independence movement.

뉴욕 시립 존 제이대학에서 국제형사법학을 전공하는 가르시아 씨는 독립운동가들의 이름과 이야기를 알고 놀라웠다며, 이제 다른 친구들에게 소개해줄 수 있다고 자신감을 나타냅니다.
Garcia, a major in international criminal justice at John J's University in New York City, says he was surprised to learn the names and stories of independence activists, expressing confidence that he can now introduce them to other friends.

한국의 음식과 문화를 한국인 친구들로부터 소개받으며 한국에 대해 관심을 갖게된 가르시아 씨는 푸에르토리코와 에콰도르 부모를 둔 자신이 한국의 도덕적 가치를 접하며 공통점을 느꼈다고 소개합니다.
Garcia, who became interested in Korea after being introduced to Korean food and culture by Korean friends, introduces Puerto Rico and Ecuadorian parents that they felt something in common when they encountered Korean moral values.

그러면서, 반크를 통해 역사와 문화를 배워가며 미국, 에콰도르, 푸에르토리코 문화와 연관 지어 공통점과 차이점을 조사하고 있다고 말합니다.
He says he is learning history and culture through VANK and investigating commonalities and differences in connection with American, Ecuador, and Puerto Rican cultures.

반크는 한국을 중심으로 북미와 남미, 아시아 국가들에 회원을 두고 있으며 미국 내 활동은 지난 10년간 진행했습니다.
VANK has members in North America, South America, and Asian countries, centering on Korea, and has been active in the United States for the past decade.

미국 내 활동은 미 초중고, 대학생과 한글학교 교사 교육 활동으로 크게 나뉩니다.
Activities in the United States are largely divided into educational activities for elementary, middle, and high schools, college students, and teachers at Hangeul schools.

10년 간 20여 명의 미국인 대학생이 반크 외교사절단으로 참여했는데, 소수지만 인터넷을 통한 활동인 만큼 내용과 범위가 매우 다양하다는 평가를 받고 있습니다.
Over the past 10 years, more than 20 American college students participated as VANK diplomatic missions, which are considered very diverse in content and scope as they are activities through the Internet.

온라인 인턴인 가르시아 씨를 포함해 올해 8명이 인턴 활동을 벌이고 있고, 이 중 4명의 미국인 대학생이 한국의 반크 사무실에서 활동하고 있습니다.
Eight people, including online intern Garcia, are interning this year, of which four American college students are working in VANK offices in Korea.

위스콘신대학에서 교육학을 전공하는 커티스 펠드너 씨는 한국의 K-POP 걸그룹 ‘소녀시대’의 노래를 들으며 한국어와 한국 문화에 관심을 갖게 됐는데, 한국어가 유창합니다.
Curtis Feldner, who majored in pedagogy at the University of Wisconsin, became interested in Korean and Korean culture by listening to the song of the Korean K-POP girl group Girls' Generation, which is fluent in Korean.

[녹취: 커티스 펠드너] “제 한국 이름은 배민제입니다. 소녀시대 노래를 들었는데. 한국어를 재미로 배우게 됐어요. 공부를 하면 할수록 대중문화뿐 아니라 한국 문화 전체에 대해 관심을 갖게 됐고, 대학에서 수업을 수강하면서 한국어를 공부하기 시작했어요. 이제 5년 된 것 같아요.”
[Recording: Curtis Feldner] "My Korean name is Bae Minje. I listened to Girls' Generation's songs. I learned Korean for fun. The more I studied, the more I became interested in not only popular culture but also Korean culture as a whole, and I started studying Korean while taking classes at university. "I think it's been five years."

반크 인턴의 주된 활동은 교육자료를 통해 배운 내용과 자신의 한국 내 체험을 바탕으로 홍보자료를 제작, 배포하는 것인데, 펠드너 씨는 한국인의 카페 문화에 대한 기사를 작성했습니다.
Intern VANK's main activity is to produce and distribute promotional materials based on what he learned through educational materials and his experience in Korea, and Feldner wrote an article on the culture of Korean cafes.

[녹취: 커티스 펠드너] ”한국과 커피의 역사? 한국사회의 커피 문화를 알 수 있다고 주장했어요. 미국 사람들은 커피를 에너지를 올리기 위해서 마시는데 한국 사람들은 커피에 대한 지식, 그리고 고급스러운 것 같아요. 바리스타도 무척 많고 커피숍에 가면 어떤 로스트를 원하는지 얼마나 볶을지도 고를 수 있고, 전문적인 커피 문화가 있는 것 같아요.”
[Recording: Curtis Feldner] "History of Coffee with Korea?" They argued that they could know the coffee culture of Korean society. Americans drink coffee to boost energy, but Koreans have knowledge of coffee and seem to be luxurious. There are so many baristas, and when you go to a coffee shop, you can choose what kind of roast you want and how much you want, and I think there's a professional coffee culture."

기사는 카페에서 벌어지는 풍경을 담았는데, “딸기로 장식된 생크림 케이크 한 조각을 나누며 서로 기대 앉은 남녀의 모습, 학생들은 노트북으로 몸을 숙이고 오랜 시간 공부하는 동안 음료수도 그 자리를 지키고 있다”는 등 한국 사회에서 카페 문화는 하나의 제도이며 진화하고 있다며 한국에서 커피 문화가 정착한 유래와 역사를 설명했습니다.
The article captured the scenery of the cafe, explaining the origin and history of coffee culture in Korea, saying, "The men and women sitting against each other while sharing a piece of strawberry-decorated whipped cream cake, and students bow down with laptops and keep their drinks while studying for a long time.

강아린이라는 한국 이름으로 활동하는 앨리슨 가베즈 씨는 한국어를 배운 지 4년째로, 위스컨신대학에서 언어학을 전공하고 있습니다.
Alison Gabez, who works under the Korean name Kangarin, has been learning Korean for four years and is majoring in linguistics at the University of Wisconsin.

[녹취: 앨리슨 가베즈] ”저는 2017년 여름에 대부분의 사람들이 잘 아는 방탄소년단을 발견해서 좋아하게 됐고, 혼자서 한글을 배웠고 위스컨신대학에서 한국어를 배울 수 있다는 것을 알게 됐고 내용을 배우게되면서, 어려워지면서 재미보다 생각을 깊이 표현하고 싶어서 긴 시간 동안 공부하게 됐어요.”
[Recording: Allison Gabez] "I discovered BTS that most people know well in the summer of 2017, learned Korean by myself, learned Korean at Wisconsin University, and learned the content, and I studied for a long time to express my thoughts deeper than fun."

졸업 후 미국에서 한국어 교사가 되는 꿈을 갖고 있는 가베즈 씨는 반크 인턴활동의 하나로 미국 내 한국어 교육에 대한 보고서를 작성했습니다.
Gabez, who dreams of becoming a Korean language teacher in the United States after graduation, wrote a report on Korean language education in the United States as part of his VANK internship.

한국어를 배우는 것이 쉽지 않은 이유를 설명하며 “그런데 왜 미국인은 한국어를 배우는 것일까?” 라는 질문을 던졌는데, 그 이유로 방탄소년단, 오징어게임 등이 몰고 온 한류의 영향과 한국의 경제성장을 꼽았습니다.
Explaining why it is not easy to learn Korean, he asked, "But why do Americans learn Korean?" and cited the impact of the Korean Wave brought by BTS and squid games and Korea's economic growth.

국내총생산(GDP)이 전 세계 10위인 한국의 경제발전 배후에는 삼성, 현대 등 세계 최대 기업들이 있고, 사업과 기술 관련 종사자라면 매우 실용적인 언어가 될 것이라는 겁니다.
Behind Korea's economic development, which ranks 10th in the world, are Samsung and Hyundai, and it will be a very practical language for business and technology workers.

캘리포니아에서 대학을 다니며 교양과목으로 배운 한국어에 대한 관심이 깊어져 한국어를 전공하고 있는 머라이어 압델파따 씨는 한국의 고전문학인 ‘홍길동전’과 제주도에 대한 자신의 연구를 기사화했습니다.
Mariah Abdelpatta, a Korean major due to his growing interest in Korean that he learned as a liberal arts course while attending college in California, wrote an article about Korean classical scholar Hong Gil-dong and his research on Jeju Island.

‘조선의 로빈후드 홍길동’이란 제목의 이 기사에서 압델파따 씨는 영국과 한국의 역사와 문화가 다른 만큼 두 인물의 차이가 크다고 말합니다.
In this article titled Robin Hood Hong Gil-dong of Joseon, Abdel Patta says the difference between the two characters is large as the history and culture of England and Korea are different.

그러면서 “공자의 가르침에 따라 장남만이 시험에 응시해 왕을 섬기는 학자나 군인이 될 수 있었고 지위가 높은 사람이 장남보다 능력이 뛰어나도 시험을 볼 수 없었는데 홍길동이 그랬다고 적었습니다.”
"According to Confucius' teachings, only the eldest son could take the test and become a scholar or soldier serving the king, and even if a person with a higher status was better than the eldest son, he could not take the test, but Hong Gil-dong wrote that."

미주 한인 4세인 사라 니시 씨는 하와이대학에서 관광과 한국어를 복수전공하고 있는데, 한국의 섬 도시 제주도에 관심이 많다고 말합니다.
Sarah Nishi, a fourth-year-old Korean-American, is majoring in tourism and Korean at the University of Hawaii, and says she is interested in Jeju Island, an island city in Korea.

사라 씨는 ‘거상 김만덕’과 그의 일대기를 그린 ‘만덕전’, ‘만덕제’와 ‘한복의 변천사’를 기사 주제로 작성하고 있다고 밝혔습니다.
Sarah said she is writing "Mandeokjeon," "Mandeokje," and "History of Hanbok," which depict "Geosang Kim Mandeok," his life story, under the theme of the article.

한복은 일상에서 활용할 수 있는 옷이라는 메시지를 전달하고 싶다는 사라 씨는 4명의 인턴이 한국어를 배우게 된 계기와 경험을 소개하는 영상을 제작하고 있습니다.
Sarah, who wants to convey the message that hanbok is clothes that can be used in everyday life, is producing a video introducing the opportunities and experiences of four interns learning Korean.

인턴들이 작성한 기사와 홍보물은 반크의 웹사이트를 통해 공개되며, 한국과 해외에서 온라인으로 활동하는 회원들의 소셜미디어를 중심으로 알려집니다.
Articles and promotional materials written by interns will be released on VANK's website, focusing on social media of members working online in Korea and abroad.

반크 웹사이트(prkorea.com)의 한국 문화, 역사, 언어에 대한 자료들은 한국의 문화재청 등 정부기관에서 배포한 검증된 내용이며 인턴의 연구 내용와 기사, 홍보물은 이를 근거로 확인을 거쳐 공개합니다.
Data on Korean culture, history, and language on the VANK website (prkorea.com) are verified by government agencies such as the Korea Cultural Heritage Administration, and intern's research, articles, and promotional materials will be released after confirmation.

4명의 미국인 대학생 인턴이 한 자리에 모일 수 있었던 것은 미국 정부 지원기금으로 이뤄지는 전문가 양성 프로그램 ‘Flagship Program’의 1년 연수과정을 통해서였습니다.
Four American college student interns were able to gather in one place through a one-year training course for the "Flagship Program," an expert training program funded by the U.S. government.

이를 통해 반크와 인연을 맺고 한국을 학습할 기회를 얻게 된겁니다.
Through this, I had an opportunity to connect with VANK and learn Korea.

학생들은 반크 활동을 통해 한국어뿐 아니라 한국을 다양하고 깊이있게 알아가고 있다고 말합니다. 사라 씨입니다.
Students say they are learning not only Korean but also Korea in various and in-depth through VANK activities. It's Sarah.

[녹취: 사라 니시] ”일제강점기나 한국전쟁에 대해 흥미롭게 본 것 같아요. 독도에 대한 것도 흥미롭게 생각했고 반크에서도 문제점을 강의해 주셔서 흥미롭게 들었던 것 같아요...”
[Recording: Saranish] "I think I enjoyed watching Japanese colonial era or the Korean War. I was interested in Dokdo Island, and I think I was interested in it because they gave me a lecture on the problem in VANK."

커티스 펠드너 씨는 유럽과 미국에 대한 지식에 비해 동아시아에 대한 배경과 지식이 없었다며, 한국인의 입장과 관점에서 동아시아 정세를 배울 수 있는 기회가 됐다고 말했습니다.
Curtis Feldner said he had no background and knowledge of East Asia compared to his knowledge of Europe and the United States, and that it was an opportunity for Koreans to learn about the situation in East Asia from a perspective.

이런 가운데 20여 년째 활동을 이어가는 반크는 올해부터 새로운 활동을 시작했습니다.
Meanwhile, VANK, which has been active for more than 20 years, started new activities this year.

‘브릿지 아시아’라는 이름으로 개설한 웹사이트를 통해 누구나 국제사회에서 벌어지는 다양한 주제의 현상과 사건을 공부할 수 있고 동참하도록 독려합니다.
Through the website opened under the name of Bridge Asia, anyone can study and participate in various topics and events taking place in the international community.

이 사이트를 통해 인권, 건강, 미디어와 문화, 환경, 인종 정의와 그밖의 키워드를 통해 다양한 연구 자료와 홍보물을 찾아볼 수 있습니다.
Through this site, you can find various research materials and promotional materials through human rights, health, media and culture, environment, race justice, and other keywords.

최근 전 세계적으로 돌풍을 일으킨 한국 드라마 ‘오징어 게임’과 관련해서는 넷플릭스 서비스가 없는 중국이 불법적인 드라마 배포 활동을 벌이고 있다며, 이는 한-중 자유무역협정 위반임을 알리고 있습니다.
Regarding the recent global sensation of the Korean drama Squid Game, China, which does not have Netflix services, is engaged in illegal drama distribution activities, signaling a violation of the Korea-China free trade agreement.

그밖에 중동 내 여성 인권에 대해 부르카를 입도록 강요하지 말라는 내용과 일본 동해 표기 등 정치적 논란을 다루기도 했습니다.
In addition, it dealt with political controversies such as not forcing women's human rights in the Middle East to wear burka and marking the East Sea of Japan.

VOA 뉴스 장양희입니다.
I'm Jang Yanghee from VOA News.

출처 : VOA한국

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.