코로나19 범유행의 장애물을 극복한 2023년 졸업생들 > IT/과학

본문 바로가기

IT/과학

코로나19 범유행의 장애물을 극복한 2023년 졸업생들
Class of 2023 Graduates Overcome Obstacles of Coronavirus Pandemic

페이지 정보

작성자 Deborah Block 작성일 23-05-24 12:24 댓글 0

본문

Graduating students gather for commencement ceremonies at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, May 22, 2023.

졸업생들이 5월 매사추세츠주 체스트넛힐에 있는 보스턴 대학에서 졸업식을 하기 위해 모입니다
 Graduating students gather for commencement ceremonies at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, May 22, 2023.

워싱턴—
Washington —

4년 전, 2023학년도의 고등학생과 대학생들은 코로나바이러스 대유행이 닥쳤을 때 막 첫 해에 접어들었습니다. 그들은 직접 수업이 중단되고 온라인 플랫폼으로 이동되었을 때 불확실성의 학문적 세계로 밀려났습니다.
Four years ago, high school and college students in the class of 2023 had just entered their first year when the coronavirus pandemic hit. They were thrust into an academic world of uncertainty when in-person classes stopped and were moved to online platforms.

최근 졸업생들인 그들은 유행병이 시작되었을 때 학생들이 어떠했는지에 대한 기억이 있는 마지막 학부 수업입니다.
Now recent graduates, they are the last undergraduate class with memories of what it was like to be students when the pandemic began.

우리는 우리의 연구에 무슨 일이 일어날지 몰랐기 때문에 충격적이고 혼란스러웠습니다," 라고 로드 아일랜드 대학에서 경제학과 정치학 학사 학위를 받은 22세의 사라베스 매클레인이 말했습니다.
"It was shocking and confusing because we didn't know what was going to happen with our studies," said Sarabeth McClain, 22, who just received her undergraduate diploma in economics and political science at Rhode Island University.

2020년 3월 세계보건기구(WHO)가 COVID를 세계적인 대유행으로 선언했을 때, 미국에서는 직접 수업이 중단되어 학생들이 온라인으로 학습해야 했습니다.
When the World Health Organization declared COVID a global pandemic in March 2020, in-person classes stopped in the United States, forcing students to learn online.

혼란스러웠습니다. 저는 빠르게 가상화되는 수업을 듣고 있었고, 교수님들과 더 거리감을 느끼기 시작했습니다."라고 뉴욕의 롱아일랜드 대학에서 임상 심리학 박사 과정을 밟고 있던 레이첼 벅스바움이 말했습니다. "게다가, 저는 온라인에서 심리 치료 환자들을 보기 시작했고, 모든 것이 압도적으로 느껴졌습니다."
"It was chaotic. I was taking classes that quickly went virtual, and I started to feel more distant from my professors," said Rachel Buxbaum, who was in a doctoral degree program in clinical psychology at Long Island University in New York. "Plus, I began seeing psychotherapy patients online, and it all felt overwhelming."

코로나19는 대학생활을 포함한 모든 것을 바꿨습니다.
COVID-19 changed everything, including the college experience.

"이것은 이 학생들에게 회복력 테스트였고 교육에 집중할 수 있는 그들의 능력에 영향을 주었습니다," 라고 미국 대학 협회 회장 린 파스켈라가 말했습니다.
"It was a resilience test for these students and impacted their ability to focus on education," said Lynn Pasquerella, president of the American Association of Colleges and Universities.

2021년 베스트 칼리지 조사에 따르면, 10명의 대학생 중 9명이 팬데믹 기간 동안 고립, 불안, 집중력 부족으로 어려움을 겪었다고 말했습니다.
According to a 2021 Best Colleges survey, 9 out of 10 college students said they struggled with isolation, anxiety and a lack of focus during the pandemic.

2년의 대부분 동안, 대학생들과 고등학생들의 삶은 불확실성과 반 친구들과 직접 시간을 보내지 않는 것에 대한 불안감으로 뒤집어졌습니다.
For much of two years, the lives of both college and high school students were turned upside down with uncertainty and the unease of not spending time with their classmates in person.

"검역은 그들에게 사회적 불안감을 증가시켰습니다," 라고 롱아일랜드 대학의 보건 전문대학 심리학 교수 캐롤라인 클라우스-에흘러가 설명했습니다. "그들의 동료들과 상호작용하는 것은 그들에게 중요하며, 사회적 기술을 포함하여 잃어버린 격리와 함께 중요합니다."
"The quarantine led to an increase in social anxiety for them," explained Caroline Clauss-Ehlers, a psychology professor in the School of Health Professions at Long Island University. "Interacting with their peers is important to them, and with the quarantine that was lost, including some social skills."

"저는 어려움을 겪고 있었습니다," 버지니아 알렉산드리아의 마운트 버논 고등학교를 졸업한 고등학생 제시카 에르난데스가 말했습니다. "모든 사람들이 스크린 뒤에 갇혀 있기 때문에 누구와도 어울릴 수 없었기 때문입니다
"I was struggling," said high school student Jessica Hernandez, who graduated from Mount Vernon High School in Alexandria, Virginia, "because I couldn't socialize with anyone since everyone was stuck behind a screen."

사회적 고립 외에도, 2022년의 또 다른 베스트 칼리지 연구는 원격 학습으로의 전환이 주의 산만함의 증가와 학술 자문가와 같은 학술 자원의 손실로 인해 상당한 스트레스를 야기한다는 것을 발견했습니다.
Besides social isolation, another Best Colleges study, in 2022, found the transition to remote learning caused significant stress from an increase in distractions and a loss of academic resources such as academic advisers.

에르난데스는 VOA와의 인터뷰에서 "선생님이 직접 도와주지 않아서 무시당한 기분이 들었다"며 "침대에서 온라인 수업을 보는 동안 집에서 휴대전화와 TV로 항상 쉽게 접근할 수 있는 많은 방해물이 있었다"고 말했습니다
"I felt neglected because the teacher wasn't there to help me in person," Hernandez told VOA, "and there were many distractions at home with my phone and TV easy to get to all the time, while I'm watching online classes from my bed."

하지만, 다른 고등학생은 그녀의 온라인 학습을 "매우 쉽다"고 불렀습니다
However, another high school student called her online learning "super easy."

오하이오주 페리에 있는 페리 고등학교를 졸업한 레다 애드킨스는 "코로나 기간 동안 너무 빠른 전환이었기 때문에 교사들은 온라인 학습을 파악할 시간이 많지 않았습니다,"라며, "그래서 그들은 느긋했고 학생들에게 공부하고 배우라는 압박감을 주지 않았습니다,"라고 말했습니다
"It was such a quick transition during COVID that the teachers didn't have much time to figure out online learning," said Reda Adkins, a graduate of Perry High School in Perry, Ohio, "and so they were laid back and there was no pressure on the students to study and learn."

2021년 심리학 프런티어 조사에 따르면, 대학생의 33%가 대유행으로 인해 학업 미래에 대해 우려하고 있습니다.
According to a 2021 Frontiers in Psychology survey, 33% of college students were concerned about their academic futures due to the pandemic.

"저는 온라인 수업을 듣는 것에 많은 이점이 있다고 생각하지 않습니다," 위스콘신 대학 경제학과 졸업생인 샘 로지가 말했습니다. "정보를 배우고 처리하는 것이 더 어려웠기 때문에 저는 학업적으로 상처를 받았습니다
"I don't feel there are many advantages to taking classes online," said Sam Lodge, a graduate in economics at the University of Wisconsin. "It hurt me academically because it was harder to learn and process the information."

"저는 온라인 학습을 좋아하지 않았고 교실 토론을 포함하여 수업에 가는 구조를 놓쳤습니다," 라고 McClain이 말했습니다.
"I didn't like online learning and missed the structure of going to class, including classroom discussions," said McClain.

"교수님들은 저를 학문적으로 준비시켰습니다," 라고 펜실베니아 주립 대학에서 졸업장을 받은 매튜 셰이가 말했습니다. "하지만, 여러분이 교실에 없을 때 강의를 듣는 것은 어려웠습니다. 손을 드는 것이 더 편한 곳에서 직접 질문하는 것보다 온라인으로 질문하는 것이 더 망설였습니다."
"The professors prepared me academically," said Matthew Shea, who received his diploma from Pennsylvania State University. "However, it was hard to pay attention during the lectures when you're not in the classroom. I was also more hesitant to ask questions online rather than in-person, where I am more comfortable raising my hand."

그러나 다른 학생들은 가상적으로 학습에 적응했다고 파스켈라는 지적했습니다.
However, other students adapted to learning virtually, Pasquerella noted.

"대부분의 학생들은 대유행 기간 동안 온라인 학습에 회의적이었지만, 직접 대학 수업이 재개된 후 많은 학생들이 특히 유연성을 위해 더 많은 온라인 과정을 갖기를 원했습니다."
"Most students were skeptical about learning online during the pandemic, but after in-person college classes resumed, many wanted to have more online courses, especially for the flexibility."

고등 교육을 받는 학생들을 위한 가상 건강 및 웰빙 프로그램인 TimelyCare의 새로운 설문 조사에 따르면, 졸업하는 노인의 약 80%가 전염병이 그들의 노동력 준비에 영향을 미쳤다고 말합니다.
According to a new survey by TimelyCare, a virtual health and well-being program for students in higher education, about 80% of graduating seniors say the pandemic affected their workforce preparedness.

로지는 VOA에 "저는 지금 일자리를 찾고 있습니다."라고 말했습니다. "코로나 기간 동안, 새로운 사람들과 이야기하는 것을 포함하여 사교적이지 못한 것이 제가 고용하는 사람들에게 손을 뻗치는 데 영향을 미쳤습니다."
"I'm looking for employment right now," Lodge told VOA. "During COVID, the lack of being social, including talking to new people, has had an impact on my reaching out to people who are hiring."

대학 경험이 중단되고 직장에 들어가는 것에 대한 두려움에도 불구하고, 거의 모든 올해 대학 졸업생들은 그들의 미래에 희망을 가지고 있다고 TimelyCare는 말했습니다.
Despite a disrupted college experience and trepidation about entering the workforce, nearly all of this year's college graduates are hopeful for their future, TimelyCare said.

"저는 뉴욕의 한 병원에서 1차 건강 관리를 하는 임상 심리학자로서의 제 일을 기대하고 있습니다," 라고 박사 학위를 마친 벅스바움이 말했습니다.
"I'm looking forward to my work as a clinical psychologist in primary health care at a hospital in New York," said Buxbaum, who completed her doctoral degree.

"정신적 에너지를 되찾고 있는 것 같고, 간호사가 되기 위해 공부하기 위해 버지니아 북부에 있는 지역 커뮤니티 칼리지에 갈 거예요," 라고 고등학교 졸업생 에르난데스가 말했어요.
"I feel like I'm regaining my mental energy, and I'm going to a local community college in northern Virginia to study to become a nurse," said high school graduate Hernandez.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.