위험에도 불구하고 남수단에서 계속되는 식량 배달 > 세계

본문 바로가기

세계

위험에도 불구하고 남수단에서 계속되는 식량 배달
Food Deliveries Continue in South Sudan Despite Dangers

페이지 정보

작성자 Sheila Ponnie 작성일 23-03-24 18:05 댓글 0

본문

FILE - Internally displaced women wait for food rations to be distributed by the World Food Program in Bentiu, South Sudan, Feb. 6, 2023. Attacks on humanitarian aid workers have complicated the already dire food crisis in the country.

파일 - 국내 실향민 여성들이 2023년 2월 6일 남수단 벤티우에서 세계식량계획(WFP)에 의해 식량 배급을 기다리고 있습니다. 인도주의적 구호 활동가들에 대한 공격은 이미 심각한 식량 위기를 더 복잡하게 만들었습니다.
 FILE - Internally displaced women wait for food rations to be distributed by the World Food Program in Bentiu, South Sudan, Feb. 6, 2023. Attacks on humanitarian aid workers have complicated the already dire food crisis in the country.

주바, 남수단 -
Juba, South Sudan —

지난 주 남수단에서 발생한 유엔 세계식량계획(WFP) 소속 운전자 2명의 총격 사망 사건은 구호 활동가들에게 가장 치명적인 국가 중 하나라는 국가의 위상을 강조했습니다. 그러나 세계은행은 올해 9백만 명 이상의 사람들이 원조를 필요로 할 것으로 추정하고 있기 때문에 원조 관계자들은 그 어느 때보다 도움이 필요하다고 말합니다.
The shooting deaths of two drivers with the U.N.'s World Food Program in South Sudan last week underscored the country’s status as one of the deadliest for aid workers. But aid workers say help is needed now more than ever as the World Bank estimates more than 9 million people will need assistance this year.

메리 엘란 세계식량계획(WFP) 사무총장은 올해 초부터 인도주의적 구호 활동가들에 대한 공격이 20건 가까이 있었다고 말했습니다. 그녀는 공격을 멈추지 않으면 대규모 인명 손실을 초래할 수 있다고 말했습니다.
Since the beginning of the year, there have been close to 20 attacks on humanitarian aid workers, according to the World Food Program country director in South Sudan, Mary Ellan. She said the attacks could result in a large-scale loss of life if not stopped.

예를 들어, 올해 1월에 300톤이 넘는 식량이 종글레이 주에서 약탈당했습니다. "그것은 한 달 동안 30,000명의 사람들을 먹여 살리기에 충분한 음식입니다," 라고 그녀가 말했습니다. "이러한 행위는 개탄스러운 일입니다. 왜냐하면 북부 종글레이와 피보르로 가는 길은 현재 식량이 불안정한 100만 명 이상의 사람들에게 희망의 동맥이기 때문입니다."
In January of this year, for example, over 300 tons of food were looted in Jonglei state. "That's enough food to feed 30,000 people for a month," she said. "These acts are deplorable because that road going to northern Jonglei and into Pibor is an artery of hope for over 1 million people who are currently food insecure."

두 명의 운전자를 죽인 종글레이 주에서의 공격은 WFP가 그 지역 전체의 음식 배달을 일시적으로 중단하게 만들었습니다.
The attack in Jonglei state that killed the two drivers led the WFP to temporarily halt food deliveries throughout the area.

원조가 필요한 지역으로 가는 길은 종종 물에 잠기고 황폐화되어 있으며, 구호 요원들은 반군, 도적, 경찰로부터 만성적인 위험에 직면하고 있다고 말합니다.
Roads to areas in need of aid are often flooded and in disrepair, and aid workers say they face chronic danger from rebels, bandits and police.

많은 체크포인트
Many checkpoints

엘란은 전형적인 여행을 묘사했습니다:
Ellan described a typical trip:

"검문소가 확산되고 있습니다. 우리의 호송대는 이 검문소를 통과하기 위해 많은 시간을 협상에 소비합니다. 우리는 돈을 지불하지 않지만, 시간이 걸리고, 인도주의적인 화물을 배달하는 데 시간이 걸립니다. 인도적 화물은 세금과 부담금의 대상이 아닙니다."
"There is a proliferation of checkpoints. Our convoys spend a lot of time negotiating at these checkpoints to get past. We don't pay, but it takes time, and we lose hours delivering humanitarian cargo. Humanitarian cargo is not subject to taxes and levies."

Peter Pal은 WFP 팀인 신속 대응 메커니즘을 이끌고 있습니다. WFP 팀은 이 나라의 외딴 지역에 식량 지원을 제공합니다. 그는 종종 주바에서 나라의 가장 외딴 지역으로 가는 고속도로에서 긴 여행을 하며, 데이터를 수집하고, 구조된 사람들을 등록하고, 종종 도로 접근이 불가능한 외딴 지역으로 음식을 배달합니다.
Peter Pal leads the Rapid Response Mechanism, the WFP team that delivers food assistance to remote areas of the country. He often takes the long journey on the highways from Juba to the most remote parts of the country, gathering data, registering individuals who have been rescued and delivering food to remote regions, often with no road access.

Pal은 "우리는 등록을 하고 있었고, 등록을 받는 모든 사람들에게 서비스를 제공하기 위해서는 서비스를 사람들에게 더 가깝게 해야 합니다,"라고 말했습니다.
“We were doing registration and the water levels [rose], and for us to serve everyone coming to be registered, we have to bring the services closer to the people," Pal said.

카누를 사용해서 발전기를 넣고 늪의 반대편으로 건너가서 등록해야 합니다. 이것은 그렇게 쉽지 않습니다. 왜냐하면 우리는 여러분의 모든 장비를 가지고 그 작은 카누를 타고 50분 동안 늪을 건너야 하기 때문입니다." 나중에 비가 오기 시작했고, 그는 "우리는 플라스틱 시트로 몸을 가려야 합니다."라고 말했습니다
"We have to use the canoes, put the generators [in them], cross [to] the other side of the swamp and register them. This is not that easy, because we have to cross the swamp for 50 minutes on that small canoe with all your equipment." Later it began to rain, he said, and "we have to cover ourselves with a plastic sheet.”

Pal은 그렇게 어려운 환경에서 일했음에도 불구하고, 가장 외딴 지역에서 도움이 필요한 사람들을 위해 봉사함으로써 만족감을 얻는다고 말했습니다.
Pal said that despite working in such a difficult environment, he gets satisfaction from serving those in need of help in some of the remotest areas.

"저는 국민을 위해 봉사할 용기가 있다고 생각합니다," 라고 그가 말했습니다. "저는 여기에 이유가 있습니다. 왜냐하면 저는 고통받는 남녀들보다 훨씬 살기 때문입니다. 우리가 사람들에게 봉사하는 모든 분야에 대한 인도주의적 접근을 정부가 개방하도록 하라. 정부도 평화를 받아들이게 하라."
"I think I have the courage of serving the people," he said. "I am here for a reason, because I am far better off than the suffering men and women. Let the government open humanitarian access to all areas where we serve the people. Let the government also embrace peace.”

또 다른 구호요원 주마는 5년째 인도적 구호요원으로 일하고 있습니다. 그는 인류를 위해 봉사하는 것이 그를 행복하게 한다고 말했습니다.
Another aid employee, Juma, has been a humanitarian aid worker for five years. He said serving humanity is what makes him happy.

"저는 많은 요소들로 인해 취약한 사람들을 직접 도울 수 있는 직업을 만들고 싶습니다," 라고 그가 말했습니다. "저에게 큰 영향을 준 구호품을 전달하다가 다른 인도주의자들이 살해된 사건들이 있지만, 제가 할 수 있는 일이 없고 일을 떠날 수도 없습니다."
“I want to build a career where I can directly help vulnerable people due to many factors," he said. "There are incidents where other humanitarian workers have been killed while delivering aid assistance that have greatly affected me, but there is nothing that I can do and I cannot leave my work.”

물속에서의 긴 여행
Long trek in water

하지만, 언론과의 대화 권한이 없기 때문에 실명을 밝히기를 거부한 주마는 그 일도 힘든 순간이 있다고 말했습니다.
However, Juma - who declined to give his real name because he was not authorized to speak to the media - said the job has hard moments, too.

잊을 수 없는 아쉬운 순간은 2021년 더 큰 종레이에서였다"고 말했습니다. "9월에 우리는 그 지역에 접근하기 위해 맨발로 15시간 동안 물 속을 걸었고, 그래서 그 사건은 제가 그것에 대해 기억할 때 저를 계속 방해합니다."
“The regrettable moment that I cannot forget was in 2021 in greater Jonglei," he said. "In September we walked for 15 hours barefooted in the water to access the areas, so that incident continues to disturb me when I recall about it.”

종글레이 주의 정보부 장관인 존 사이먼 맨유온은 구호 요원들에 대한 공격이 "놀랍고 많은 우려를 자아내고 있다"고 말했습니다 그는 주 정부가 "도로를 따라 주둔할 충분한 병력과 탱크가 없기 때문에" 민간인, 인도주의적 및 기타 필요를 해결하기 위해 보안을 제공하는 것이 어렵다는 것을 알고 있다고 말했습니다.
John Simon Manyuon, Jonglei state's minister of information, called attacks on aid workers were "alarming and of much concern." He said the state government was finding it hard to provide security "because we don't have enough forces and tanks to be stationed along the roads" to address civilian, humanitarian and other needs.

그는 인도주의 단체들에게 정부가 구호 요원들에게 안전을 제공할 준비를 할 수 있도록 호송대를 보내기 전에 정부에 통보할 것을 촉구했습니다.
He urged humanitarian organizations to notify the government before sending out convoys so the state government could prepare to provide security for aid workers.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.