[신년 인터뷰: 북한 억류자 가족 김정삼 씨] “동생 생사확인도 안 돼…10년 고통 끝나기를” > 사회

본문 바로가기

사회

[신년 인터뷰: 북한 억류자 가족 김정삼 씨] “동생 생사확인도 안 돼…10년 고통 끝나기를”
[New Year's Interview: Kim Jung-sam, a family member of a North Korean detainee] "I can't even confirm whether my brother is alive..."I hope the pain of 10 years ends."

페이지 정보

작성자 김영권 작성일 23-01-27 03:00 댓글 0

본문

북한에 억류 중인 한국인 개신교 선교사 김정욱 씨가 지난 2014년 2월 27일 평양에서 기자회견을 하고 있다.

북한에 억류 중인 한국인 개신교 선교사 김정욱 씨가 지난 2014년 2월 27일 평양에서 기자회견을 하고 있다.
Kim Jung-wook, a South Korean Protestant missionary detained in North Korea, holds a press conference in Pyongyang on February 27, 2014.

10년 동안 북한에 억류돼 있는 김정욱 선교사의 친형 김정삼 씨가 생사확인조차 할 수 없는 동생에 대한 그림움을 전했습니다. 김정삼 씨는 26일 VOA와의 전화 인터뷰에서 한국과 미국 정부가 억류자 문제에 관심을 기울이기 시작해 고무적이라며, 정전협정 70주년인 올해 동생과 재회할 수 있기를 고대한다고 밝혔습니다. 김영권 기자가 인터뷰했습니다.
Kim Jung-sam, the brother of missionary Kim Jung-wook, who has been detained in North Korea for 10 years, delivered a picture of his younger brother, who cannot even confirm whether he is alive or not. Kim Jung-sam said in a telephone interview with VOA on the 26th that he is encouraged that the South Korean and U.S. governments have begun to pay attention to the issue of detainees and that he is looking forward to reuniting with his younger brother this year, the 70th anniversary of the armistice agreement. Reporter Kim Young-kwon interviewed.

기자) 동생 김정욱 선교사가 지난 2003년 10월, 북한에서 체포된 지 올해로 10년째입니다.
Reporter) This is the 10th year since his younger brother Kim Jung-wook was arrested in North Korea in October 2003.

김정삼 씨) 10년이 짧은 세월이 아니지 않습니까? 10년이 금방 지나간 것처럼 느껴질 수 있겠지만 당사자 입장에서는 너무 가슴이 아프죠. 요즘같이 추운 날에는 더. 또 북한이 요즘 더 힘들어졌다는 이야기를 매스컴을 통해 듣다 보니 힘들죠. 특히 정치범수용소는 더 힘들다는 부분들을 생각하면 너무 힘들죠. 가슴이 아프고요.
Kim Jung-sam: 10 years is not a short time, right? It may feel like 10 years have passed quickly, but it's heartbreaking for the person concerned. Even more on cold days like these days. Also, it's hard to hear from the media that North Korea has become more difficult these days. Especially considering that political prison camps are more difficult, it's very difficult. My heart hurts.

기자) 억류자들에 대한 한국 정부의 입장은 어떤가요?
What is the Korean government's position on the detainees?

김정삼 씨) 정부에서는 그래도 10년이 다 됐는데 전임 정부에 비하면 정부가 그래도 적극적으로 나서고 있다는 것을 느낍니다. 그 부분에 대해선 저도 감사하게 생각하고 있습니다.
Kim Jung-sam) It's been almost 10 years in the government, but I feel that the government is still active compared to its predecessor. I am also grateful for that.

기자) 최근 설을 앞두고 통일부 관리들을 만났다고 들었습니다. 지난해에는 통일부 장관이 처음으로 김 선생님 등 일부 억류자 가족을 만났고요. 진전된 소식이 있었나요?
I heard that you recently met with officials from the Ministry of Unification ahead of the Lunar New Year. Last year, the Minister of Unification met for the first time with some families of detainees, including Mr. Kim. Have you heard any progress?

김정삼 씨) 네, 통일부 관리들을 만나 식사도 하고 얘기도 나눴습니다. 그전보다 적극적으로 나온 것이 무엇이냐 하면 통일부만 하는 것이 아니고 외교부와 통일부가 협력해 하겠다는 세부 계획을 세워서 대통령께 국정보고를 하겠다는 얘기를 들었습니다. 그래서 아 이제 일을 하고 있구나 하는 것을 느꼈죠.
Yes, I met with officials from the Ministry of Unification and ate and talked. I heard that the Ministry of Unification and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Unification would make a detailed plan to cooperate and report on state affairs to the president. So I realized that I was working now.

기자) 동생의 생사나 행방에 대해서는 들으신 것이 없나요?
Have you heard anything about your brother's life or whereabouts?

김정삼 씨) 네 전혀 모르죠. 예를 들어 무슨 교화소에 있다고 표현하면 일단 살아있다는 거잖아요. (그게 없어요) 제가 생사를 확인해 달라고 했는데 그게 확인이 되지 않습니다. 어디 교화소에 있다고 하면 생사가 확인이 되는 거니까 (북한이) 말을 못 하거나 안 하는 것일 수 있죠.
Yes, I have no idea. For example, if you describe it as being in a school, it means it's alive. (I don't have it) I asked you to check whether it's alive or not, but it's not confirmed. If you say you're in a schoolhouse, you can confirm whether you're alive or not, so it could be that North Korea can't talk or not.

기자) 당국자들을 만나 구체적으로 어떤 요청을 하셨나요?
What specific requests did you make when you met the authorities?

김정삼 씨) 10주년이 됐으니까 생사 확인이라도 해 주시고 송환도 그렇고요. 그때 장관님에게도 그랬어요. 민간단체 등 다른 곳에서 하는 활동도 도와달라고요. 예를 들어 통일부가 못하는 일들을 그들이 할 수 있는 부분도 있으니까 도와달라고요. 그랬더니 통일부 장관이 바로 그 자리에서 실무자들에게 그렇게 하라고 얘기했어요.
Kim Jung-sam) Since it's been 10 years, please check if he's alive or not and repatriate him. I did that to the Minister at the time. I want you to help me do activities in other places, such as private organizations. For example, there are parts where they can do things that the Ministry of Unification can't do, so please help them. Then the Minister of Unification immediately told the working-level officials to do so.

기자) 시간이 많이 흐르면서 한국 국민들 사이에 억류자 문제가 거의 잊혔다는 우려도 있습니다. 그래서 인권단체 관계자들은 동생의 억류 10주년을 맞아서 관심을 높일 필요하다고 말합니다.
There are also concerns that over time, the issue of detainees has almost been forgotten among Koreans. So human rights officials say it is necessary to raise attention to mark the 10th anniversary of his detention.

김정삼 씨) 저 나름대로는 올해 정전협정 70주년이어서 (기대가 있습니다.) 많은 분이 기도도 합니다. 70주년을 맞아 (동생이) 돌아오면 얼마나 좋을까? 또 (1964년생인) 동생은 (한국 나이로) 60세가 됩니다. 10단위로 끊어지는 부분도 있으니까 기대를 합니다. 또 미국의 북한인권특사도 새로 지명됐잖아요. 유럽이나 유엔에서 억류자들에 대해 다뤄지는 것을 통해서도 제가 힘을 얻습니다. 생사 확인이 안 됨에도 불구하고요.
Mr. Kim Jung-sam: In my own way, it is the 70th anniversary of the armistice agreement this year (I am looking forward to it). A lot of people pray, too. How nice would it be if my brother came back for the 70th anniversary? Also, my younger brother (born 1964) will be 60 years old (in Korean age). I'm looking forward to it because there are parts that break into 10 units. Also, the U.S. special envoy for North Korean human rights has been newly appointed. I am also encouraged by the treatment of detainees in Europe and the United Nations. Despite the fact that it's not confirmed.

기자) 미국 국무부가 새해를 맞아 세계 모든 정치범의 석방을 촉구하는 캠페인을 시작하면서 북한에 억류 중인 한국인 6명 중 김국기 선교사를 자세히 소개했습니다.
As the U.S. State Department launched a campaign to call for the release of all political prisoners in the world for the New Year, it introduced missionary Kim Kook-ki among the six South Koreans detained in North Korea in detail.

김정삼 씨) 네 그 내용도 제가 알고 있습니다. 김국기 선교사님을 미국에서 특별히 다뤄주셨더라고요. 그래서 정말 감사했죠. 그렇게 계속 해야 북한에서도 아 억류자들을 그냥 제쳐 놓고 그럴 사람들이 아니구나 생각하겠죠. 전 세계적으로 관심이 있구나. 그렇게 관심의 대상이 되니까 정말 감사하죠. 제가 무슨 힘이 있겠습니까? 그래서 정말 감사하게 생각합니다.
Mr. Kim Jung-sam: Yes, I also know the content. Missionary Kim Guk-ki was specially treated in the U.S. So I was really thankful. Only if you continue to do so will you think that North Korea is not the kind of people who will just leave the detainees aside. You're interested all over the world. I'm so thankful that I'm the center of attention. What strength do I have? So I'm really grateful.

기자) 억류자들에 대해 관심을 높이기 위해서 한국이 동맹인 미국의 대사 등 고위관리들과 억류자 가족 간 만남을 주선해야 한다는 목소리도 있습니다. 만날 의향이 있으신가요?
In order to raise interest in the detainees, there are also voices calling for South Korea to arrange a meeting between high-ranking officials, including the ambassador of the United States, and the families of the detainees. Are you willing to meet?

김정삼 씨) 저의 입장에서야 힘이 되는 분들이 연결되면 좋죠. 힘을 실어줄 수 있으니까요. 시간이 오래 지났으니까. 또 한국 정부가 힘을 실어주려는 모습도 보입니다. 미국에서도 그렇고 세계적으로 힘을 실어주려는 것이 보입니다. 또 제가 느껴지고요. 그래서 우리 대한민국 정부에서도 외교부와 통일부, 국회가 함께 삼각 편대를 만들어서 힘을 합쳐서 미국, 유엔과 함께 움직이면 그것을 통해 생사 확인 등 정보와 석방, 송환도 이뤄지지 않을까 저는 기대하고 꿈을 꾸고 있습니다.
Kim Jung-sam: It would be nice if people who are supportive would be connected only from my point of view. I can give you strength. It's been a long time. There is also a view that the Korean government is trying to empower. We see a global empowerment, as well as in the United States. I can feel myself. Therefore, if the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Unification, and the National Assembly work together in a triangular formation and work together with the United States and the United Nations, information, release, and repatriation will be achieved through it.

기자) 현재 가족의 상황은 어떤가요?
What is the current situation in your family?

김정삼 씨) 사모는 장애인들 돌봄이 일을 하고 있고요. 아들 둘이 있는데 군대에서 제대하고 일을 배우면서 열심히 살고 있습니다. 사실 조카들에게 전면에 나서라고는 말은 못 하고요. 처음에 큰 충격을 받았습니다. 북한과 남한의 어두운 면도 있고, 많은 분이 처음에 긍정적으로 생각하지 않았어요. 거기 왜 들어갔냐는 등 헐뜯는 사람들도 있고 해서요. 제가 나선다기보다 뭔가 대응을 해야 하지 않나 해서 제가 나선 것입니다. 또 함께 나서는 분도 없었고요. 억류자가 6명이라고 하지만 가족 중에 (나서는 분이) 없어요. 사실 저 혼자서 나섰고 김국기 목사님 사모님도 통일부 장관님 면담할 때 처음 봤습니다.
Mr. Kim Jung-sam) His wife works as a carer for the disabled. I have two sons, and I am living hard after being discharged from the military and learning work. Actually, I can't tell my nephews and nieces to come to the front. I was shocked at first. There are dark sides of North Korea and South Korea, and many people didn't think positively at first. There are people who criticize why they went in there. I came forward because I thought I should respond rather than come forward. There was no one who came out with me. There are six detainees, but no one in the family has improved. In fact, I came forward alone, and I saw Pastor Kim Kook-ki's wife for the first time when I met with the Minister of Unification.

기자) 목소리를 높였다가 억류자들이 더 위험해질 수 있다는 우려도 있는 것 같습니다.
There seems to be concern that raising the voice could make detainees more dangerous.

김정삼 씨) 네, 그래서 기도하면서 인내하면서 지내고 있습니다. 본인들이 나서서 할 상황은 아닌 것으로 보니까요. 오히려 그렇게 했다가 북한이 더 어떻게 할까 봐 걱정되는 부분도 있고요. 가족 입장에서는요. 일반적인 나라가 아니니까요.
Mr. Kim Jung-sam: Yes, so I'm staying patiently praying. I don't think they're in a situation where they're going to step up. Rather, I am worried that North Korea will do more if it does so. From the family's point of view. It's not a typical country.

기자) 미국 정부는 한국인 억류자를 정치범으로 분류해 석방을 촉구했습다. 미국 정부에 당부하고 싶으신 것이 있나요?
The U.S. government classified Korean detainees as political prisoners and urged them to be released. Is there anything you want to ask the U.S. government?

김정삼 씨) 미국 정부에 감사함을 먼저 표합니다. 미국 정부가 (자국민 보호를 위해) 하는 일들은 일단 존경스럽죠. (한국계 미국인인) 김학송, 김상덕, 김동철 목사 세 분을 미국으로 돌아오게 했다는 것은 억류된 사람들에 대한 사랑이 크기 때문이란 것을 저는 알고 있습니다. 저도 마찬가지로 (동생의 석방을 위해서) 그런 사랑의 에너지를 받고 싶다는 말을 미국에 전하고 싶습니다.
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the U.S. government. First of all, I respect what the U.S. government does (to protect its citizens), and I know that it brought three pastors (Korean-American) Kim Hak-song, Kim Sang-deok, and Kim Dong-cheol back to the U.S. because of their great love for the detained people. I also want to say to the United States that I want to receive such energy of love (for my brother's release).

지금까지 북한에 10년째 억류 중인 한국인 김정욱 선교사의 친형인 김정삼 씨로부터 최근 가족의 근황과 석방 노력에 관해 들어 봤습니다. 인터뷰에 김영권 기자였습니다.
So far, I've heard about the recent family's recent status and efforts to release Kim Jung-sam, the brother of a South Korean missionary Kim Jung-wook, who has been detained in North Korea for 10 years. I was reporter Kim Young Kwon in the interview.

출처 : VOA한국

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.