본문 바로가기

정치

엘튼 존은 LA 다저 스타디움에서 은퇴를 향해 로켓을 발사합니다.
Elton John Rockets Toward Retirement at LA’s Dodger Stadium

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 22-11-21 09:23 댓글 0

본문

Sir Elton John performs live at the final North American show of his

엘튼 존 경은 2022년 11월 20일 캘리포니아 로스앤젤레스 다저 스타디움에서 열린 "파웰 옐로 브릭 로드" 투어의 마지막 북미 쇼에서 라이브 공연을 하고 있습니다. (사진: 윌리 산후안/인비전/AP)
 Sir Elton John performs live at the final North American show of his "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" tour at the Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California, Nov. 20, 2022. (Photo by Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP)

로스 앤젤스입니다.
Los Anegeles —

엘튼 존은 세계 최대의 팝스타로서 연속적인 야구복을 입고 로스앤젤레스 다저 스타디움에서 무대에 오른 지 47년 만에 일요일 밤 은퇴 직전인 75세 남성에게 더 어울리는 눈이 부시게 보이는 다저스 목욕 가운을 입고 같은 무대로 걸어갔습니다.
Forty seven years after he took the stage at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles in a sequined-studded baseball uniform as the world's biggest pop star, Elton John walked on to the same stage on Sunday night wearing a bedazzled Dodgers bathrobe, a uniform more fitting for a 75-year-old man on the verge of retirement.

존이 마지막이 될 것이라고 말하는 투어의 마지막 북미 콘서트의 마지막 순간에 5만 명 이상의 관중들이 함성을 질렀습니다.
The crowd of more than 50,000 roared at the moment that came in the final minutes of the final North American concert of a tour John says will be his last.

저는 내년에 76세가 되기 때문에 가족과 함께 시간을 보내고 싶습니다, 라고 그가 말했습니다. "저는 그들을 데리고 나와 제가 은퇴하는 이유를 보여드리고 싶습니다."
“I want to spend time with my family because I’ll be 76 next year, he said. “I want to bring them out and show you why I’m retiring.”

그는 남편 데이비드 퍼니와 포옹하고 키스했고, 그의 두 아들인 11살 재커리와 9살 엘리야는 뒤에 "엘튼"이라고 쓰인 다저스 재킷을 입고 군중을 향해 기뻐하며 손을 흔들었습니다.
He embraced and kissed his husband, David Furnish, while his two sons, 11-year-old Zachary and 9-year-old Elijah, wearing matching Dodgers jackets that read “Elton” on the back, waved gleefully at the crowd.

그리고 나서 존은 "이별의 노란 벽돌길" 투어의 이름을 부여한 피할 수 없는 마지막 곡인 "이별의 노란 벽돌길"에 뛰어들었습니다.
John then broke into “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” the inevitable final song that gave the “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour its name.

로켓맨과 로켓우먼, 블루진 베이비와 LA 레이디스로 가득 찬 군중들, 많은 존의 나이이지만 20대와 30대와 40대의 많은 사람들은 "로켓맨"과 "작은 댄서"와 같은 노래들이 상영되는 2시간 동안 그들이 그랬던 것처럼 흔들리고 따라 불렀습니다. 몇몇은 눈물을 훔쳤습니다.
The crowd full of rocket men and rocket women, of blue jean babies and LA ladies, many John's age but plenty in their 20s and 30s and 40s, swayed and sang along as they had throughout the two-hour show during songs like “Rocket Man” and “Tiny Dancer.” Some wiped away tears.

많은 사람들이 그들만의 시퀸과 스팽글, 반짝이는 안경, 상의 모자, 깃털 보드, 그리고 몇몇 경우에는 존의 55년 경력의 단계를 나타내는 도널드 덕 정장을 입고 있었습니다.
Many were wearing their own sequins and spangles, sparkling spectacles, top hats, feather boas, and in a few cases, Donald Duck suits, representing stages of John's 55-year career.

"옷을 차려입어주신 모든 분들께 감사드립니다." 존이 말했습니다. "당신이 가장 환상적인 의상을 입을 때 저는 정말 행복해요."
“Thank you all for dressing up," John said, "it makes me so happy when you wear the most fantastic costumes.”

그 마지막 노래가 끝났을 때, 존은 로브를 벗고 다른 은퇴 의상인 녹색과 빨간색 운동복을 노출했고, 그를 배경에 있는 구멍으로 들어올리는 작고 깨끗한 엘리베이터에 올랐습니다. 그리고 나서 그는 멀리 노란 벽돌길을 걸어가는 거대한 비디오 스크린에서 볼 수 있었습니다.
When that last song ended, John shed the robe and exposed another retirement outfit, a green-and-red tracksuit, and climbed into a small, clear elevator that lifted him into an opening in the backdrop. He could then be seen on a giant video screen walking down a yellow brick road into the distance.

다른 많은 사람들이 그 행사를 위해 존과 함께 했습니다.
Many others joined John for the occasion.

키키 디는 그들의 듀엣곡 "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"를 부르기 위해 무대에 올랐습니다.
Kiki Dee took the stage to sing their duet “Don't Go Breaking My Heart.”

1975년에 이 여자가 저와 함께 있었고, 우리는 이 노래를 불렀습니다."라고 존이 디를 데리고 나오면서 말했습니다. "저는 그녀에게 와서 그 놀라운 순간을 재현해 달라고 부탁했습니다."
“In 1975, this woman was here with me, and we sang this song,” John said as he brought out Dee. “I asked her to come and recreate that incredible moment.”

존은 그의 리허설 피아노 연주자 아담 체스터가 그의 자리에서 건반을 두드리는 동안 그의 평소 키보드 자리에서 뛰어내려 마이크를 잡고 디와 함께 노래하고 춤을 추었습니다.
John jumped from his usual keyboard spot, grabbed a mic and sang and danced with Dee as his rehearsal piano player Adam Chester pounded the keys in his place.

존은 그의 경력 동안 사망한 네 명의 밴드 동료들에게 경의를 표하기 위해 "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"를 연주했고, 1절이 끝난 후 다른 손님을 불러 "여러분, 브랜디 칼릴!"이라고 외쳤습니다.
John played “Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me” in tribute to the four bandmates who have died during his career, and after the first verse brought on another guest, shouting, “ladies and gentleman, Brandi Carlile!”

그 순간은 1991년 존과 같은 방식으로 듀엣한 또 다른 협력자 조지 마이클에 대한 무언의 찬사였습니다.
The moment was an unspoken tribute to another late collaborator, George Michael, who dueted with John in the same way on the song in 1991.

조니 미첼의 최근 무대 복귀에 중심이 된 칼릴은 자신만의 다저스 테마 스팽글 슈트를 입고 있었습니다. 그녀는 존이 그녀를 팔로 껴안고 박수에 흠뻑 젖었을 때, 그녀는 그녀의 시를 큰 소리로 외치며 군중을 향해 "당신은 이것을 믿을 수 있나요?"라고 말했습니다.
Carlile, who was central to Joni Mitchell 's recent return to the stage, was wearing her own Dodger-themed spangled suit. She belted out her verses and made a “can you believe this?!” face to the crowd as John put his arm around her and the soaked in the applause.

다른 모든 사람들의 반짝임과 대조되는 검은 드레스를 입은 두아 리파가 존과 함께 2021년 히트한 앙코르곡 "Cold Heart"의 첫 번째 곡으로 나올 때 드럼 머신이 쿵쾅쿵쾅 울렸습니다.
A drum machine pounded as Dua Lipa, in a black dress that contrasted with the sparkles on everyone else, came out for the first of the encores, “Cold Heart,” her 2021 hit with John.

저는 75세가 된 것과 전 세계에서 1위를 차지한 것이 어떤 기분인지 말할 수 없습니다," 라고 존이 후에 말했습니다. "그리고 이것은 52년 전 저의 첫 번째 히트곡이었습니다."
“I can’t tell you how it feels to be 75 years old and to have the No. 1 record around the world,” John said after. “And this was my very first hit, 52 years ago.”

그는 피아노 코드를 연주하기 시작했고 1970년의 "당신의 노래"의 첫 소절인 "조금 웃기네요, 내면의 이 느낌"을 불렀습니다.
He started playing piano chords and sang, “It’s a little bit funny, this feeling inside," the opening line to 1970's “Your Song.”

"그건 당신의 노래였어요, 로스앤젤레스!" 하고 그는 소리쳤습니다.
“That was your song, Los Angeles!” he shouted after.

약 2시간 전 불꽃 디자인으로 타오르는 시퀸이 달린 턱시도를 입고 무대에 올라 "Benny and the Jets"로 콘서트를 연 후, 그는 자신의 음악에 도시의 의미를 설명했습니다.
About two hours earlier, after taking the stage in a tuxedo with sequins that flared into a flame design and opening the concert with “Benny and the Jets,” he explained the significance of the city to his music.

자, 오늘은 저에게 매우 특별한 밤이고, 저에게 매우 감정적인 밤입니다. 그리고 긴 여정이었습니다. 저는 1970년에 처음으로 미국에 왔습니다. 로스앤젤레스의 에인절스 시티로 가서 트루바두르라는 클럽을 연주했습니다.“
“All right, this is a very special night for me, a very emotional night for me, and it’s been a long journey, and I first came here to America in 1970 to the City of Angels, Los Angeles, and I played a club called the Troubadour."

디즈니+로 생중계된 콘서트는 경기장에서 3박을 한 마지막 공연이었습니다(그리고 그는 LA 지역에서 103번째 공연을 했다고 관객들에게 말했습니다). 작별의 노란 벽돌길 투어는 2018년 9월에 300개 이상의 예정된 날짜 중 첫 번째로 시작되었습니다. 코로나 팬데믹으로 인해 2020년에 중단되었다가 2021년에 재개되었습니다.
The concert, which streamed live on Disney+, was the last of a three-night stand at the stadium (and his 103rd show in the LA area, he told the crowd). The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour began in September 2018 with the first of the 300-plus scheduled dates. It was suspended in 2020 because of the COVID pandemic and resumed in 2021.

1월에, 존은 호주와 뉴질랜드로 향하고, 그리고 나서 영국과 유럽으로 이동합니다. 그는 7월에 스웨덴에서 결론을 내릴 예정이지만, 그는 음악을 만드는 것이 아니라 여행만 하고 있다고 분명히 말했습니다.
In January, John heads to Australia and New Zealand, then moves on to Britain and Europe. He's set to conclude in Sweden in July, though he's made it clear he is only done traveling, not making music.

1969년부터 그의 드러머였던 나이젤 올슨과 1971년부터 기타리스트였던 데이비 존스톤을 포함하여, 그를 지지하는 많은 사람들은 처음부터 혹은 그 근처에서 그의 밴드에 있었습니다. 그는 71세에 무대의 맨 앞에 서서 "토요일 밤의 싸움은 괜찮다"의 리핑 버전을 통해 밴드를 이끌었습니다.
Many of those backing him up have been in his band from the start, or very near it, including Nigel Olsson, his drummer since 1969, and Davey Johnstone, his guitarist since 1971, who at age 71 stood at the front of the stage and led the band through a ripping version of “Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting.”

존은 또한 무대 위에서 훨씬 더 오래 활동하는 협력자, 군중들이 밤새 따라 부르는 대부분의 단어를 쓴 사람, 작사가 버니 토핀의 드문 일별을 제공했습니다.
John also provided a rare on-stage glimpse of an even more long-running collaborator, the man who wrote most of the words the crowd sang along with all night, lyricist Bernie Taupin.

우리는 1967년부터 지금까지 함께 글을 쓰고 있습니다."라고 존은 대머리와 평범한 흙빛 코트로 글쓰기 파트너와 더 이상 대조할 수 없는 타우핀을 껴안으면서 말했습니다. "우리는 여전히 그 어느 때보다 서로를 더 사랑합니다."
“We’ve been writing together now since 1967,” John said as he hugged Taupin, who could not have contrasted with his writing partner more with his bald head and plain, earth-toned coat. “We still love each other more than we’ve ever done before.”

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.