많은 미국인들이 2가 코로나19 부스터를 서두르지 않습니다. > 정치

본문 바로가기

정치

많은 미국인들이 2가 코로나19 부스터를 서두르지 않습니다.
Many Americans in No Rush to Get Bivalent COVID-19 Booster

페이지 정보

작성자 Matt Haines 작성일 22-09-29 16:35 댓글 0

본문

FILE - Pedestrians walk past a signs hanging outside Pfizer headquarters in New York and one hanging at a bus stop encouraging the COVID-19 booster, May 23, 2022.

파일 - 뉴욕 화이자 본사 밖에 걸려 있는 표지판과 5월 코로나19 부스터 격려 버스 정류장에 걸려 있는 표지판을 보행자들이 지나가고 있습니다.
 FILE - Pedestrians walk past a signs hanging outside Pfizer headquarters in New York and one hanging at a bus stop encouraging the COVID-19 booster, May 23, 2022.

뉴올리언스입니다.
New Orleans —

몇 주 동안, 최근 몇 달 동안 수백만 명의 사람들을 병들게 한 새로운 오마이크론 변종으로부터 보호하는 것을 목표로 하는 개혁된 2가 코로나 19 백신 부스터가 미국 전역에서 제공되었습니다.
For weeks, reformulated bivalent COVID-19 vaccine boosters have been available across the United States that aim to protect against newer omicron variants that have sickened millions of people in recent months.

그러나 초기 보고서들은 미국인들이 새로운 백신을 얻으려고 서두르지 않고 있다고 시사합니다.
Initial reports, however, suggest Americans are not rushing to get the new vaccines.

보건 관계자들은 이것을 도전으로 보고 있지만, 일부 사람들은 수요 감소는 놀라운 일이 아니라고 말합니다.
While health officials view this as a challenge, some say a drop-off in demand shouldn't be surprising.

백신이 처음 사용 가능하게 된 2020년 말과 2021년 초에, 많은 미국인들은 이 바이러스의 생명에 대해 두려워했습니다," 라고 필라델피아 아동 병원의 백신 교육 센터장인 폴 오핏이 말했습니다.
"Back in late 2020 and early 2021 when the vaccine first became available, many Americans were afraid for their life of this virus," said Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

"그때 우리 모두는 심각한 병에 걸리기 쉬웠어요. 오늘날, 대부분의 미국인들은 더 안전하다고 느끼고 있고, 수만 명의 사람들이 경기장에서 축구 경기를 함께 소리지르고 있습니다. 상황이 다르게 느껴지므로 백신 접종을 해야 하는 긴급성이 낮다는 것은 말이 됩니다."라고 Offit은 VOA에 말했습니다.
"We were all susceptible to serious illness then. Today, most Americans feel safer, and we've got tens of thousands of people screaming in stadiums together at football games. The situation feels different, so it makes sense there's less urgency to get vaccinated," Offit told VOA.

FILE - Patients receive stickers after receiving the coronavirus disease booster vaccine at Skippack Pharmacy in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, Sept. 8, 2022.

파일 - 9월 펜실베니아 슈벤크스빌에 있는 스키팩 약국에서 코로나바이러스 질병 부스터 백신을 접종한 후 스티커를 받습니다.
 FILE - Patients receive stickers after receiving the coronavirus disease booster vaccine at Skippack Pharmacy in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, Sept. 8, 2022.

여전히, 미국 식품의약국은 12세 이상의 사람들에게 2가 부스터를 맞도록 권장하고 있습니다. FDA는 이를 승인하기로 결정하면서 2가 백신이 안전하다는 증거로 COVID-19 백신의 초기 반복 데이터를 지적했습니다. 그리고 원래의 코로나 바이러스 균주와 최근의 코로나 바이러스 균주의 가장 심각한 증상으로부터 추가적인 보호를 제공할 것입니다.
Still, the Food and Drug Administration is encouraging people ages 12 and older to get the bivalent booster. In deciding to authorize them, the FDA pointed to data from earlier iterations of COVID-19 vaccines as evidence the bivalent vaccine is safe and will provide additional protection from the most severe symptoms of both the original and more recent coronavirus strains.

로버트 칼리프 FDA 국장은 최근 보도 자료에서 "부스터를 포함한 COVID-19 백신은 계속해서 수많은 생명을 구하고 COVID-19의 가장 심각한 결과[입원과 사망]를 예방하고 있습니다.
In a recent press release, FDA commissioner Robert Califf said, "The COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters, continue to save countless lives and prevent the most serious outcomes [hospitalization and death] of COVID-19.

가을로 접어들어 실내에서 더 많은 시간을 보내기 시작함에 따라, 우리는 자격이 있는 모든 사람이 현재 순환하는 변형에 대해 더 나은 보호를 제공하기 위해 2가 코로나19 백신을 투여받는 것을 고려할 것을 강력히 권장합니다.“
"As we head into fall and begin to spend more time indoors, we strongly encourage anyone eligible to consider receiving a booster dose with a bivalent COVID-19 vaccine to provide better protection against currently circulating variants."

공급이 수요를 초과했습니다.
Supply exceeding demand

영국은 8월 중순에 2가 백신 부스터를 사용할 수 있게 만든 첫 번째 나라입니다. 미국과 캐나다에 이어 유럽 연합이 그 다음이 될 수 있습니다. 이달 초 유럽의약품청(EMC)은 EU 27개 회원국 모두에 대해 개선된 부스터 승인을 권고했는데, 이는 며칠 내에 발생할 수 있는 일입니다.
The United Kingdom was the first country to make the bivalent vaccine booster available, doing so in mid-August. After the United States and Canada, the European Union could be next. Earlier this month, the European Medicines Agency (EMC) recommended approving revamped boosters to all 27 EU member states – something that could happen within days.

지난주 현재, 약국에서 의료 시설, 백신 접종 장소를 운영하는 지방 정부 기관에 이르기까지 미국 전역의 수만 개 사이트에 2천 5백만 회분 이상의 업데이트된 백신이 전달되었습니다.
As of last week, more than 25 million doses of the updated vaccine had been delivered to tens of thousands of sites across the United States, from pharmacies to medical facilities to local government venues operating vaccination sites.

FILE - DeMarcus Hicks, a recent graduate of nursing school who is working as a contractor with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, gives a person a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, Dec. 20, 2021.

파일 - 최근 간호학교를 졸업한 DeMarcus Hicks는 연방재난관리청과 계약직으로 일하고 있으며 사람에게 화이자 코로나19 백신 부스터 주사를 놓습니다, 12월.
 FILE - DeMarcus Hicks, a recent graduate of nursing school who is working as a contractor with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, gives a person a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, Dec. 20, 2021.

그러나, 2021년 초에 공개 된 이후 미국 인구의 80% 이상이 COVID-19 백신을 접종한 반면, 미국 질병통제예방센터는 지난주 440만 명, 즉 인구의 약 1.5%만이 2가 백신을 접종했다고 추정하는 데이터를 발표했습니다.
Yet, while more than 80% of the U.S. population has gotten a COVID-19 vaccine since they became publicly available in early 2021, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data last week estimating that just 4.4 million people — approximately 1.5% of the population — had received the bivalent vaccine.

2021년 초 예방 접종 장소의 예약은 종종 몇 주 전에 예약되었지만, 새로운 부스터에 대한 수요는 많은 백신 제공자들이 방문 접수를 받아들일 수 있을 만큼 충분히 낮습니다.
While appointments at vaccination sites were often booked weeks in advance in early 2021, demand for the new booster is low enough that many vaccine providers can accept walk-ins.

플로리다주 브레바드 카운티의 대니 스트리거 교사는 2021년에 원래 백신을 맞았지만 2가 주사를 맞을 필요는 없다고 말했습니다.
Dani Streger, a teacher from Brevard County, Florida, said she got the original vaccine in 2021 but doesn't see a need to get the bivalent shot.

"저는 이미 코로나에 걸렸고, 심각하지 않았습니다,"라고 스트레거는 VOA에 말했습니다. "사람들은 그들이 원하는 것은 무엇이든 할 수 있지만, 저는 고위험군이 아니며, 현 시점에서는 2가 부스터가 불필요해 보입니다."
"I've already had COVID, and it wasn't severe," Streger told VOA. "People can do whatever they want, but I'm not a high-risk individual, and the bivalent booster seems unnecessary for me at this point."

국가별 데이터가 수요 부진에 대한 전반적인 그림을 그리는 반면, 일부 주의 보건 관계자들은 많은 사람들이 백신을 얻기를 열망하고 있다고 주장합니다.
While national data paint an overall picture of weak demand, health officials in some states insist plenty of people are eager to get the vaccine.

루이지애나주 보건부의 공공 정보 담당자인 민디 페이시아네는 VOA와의 인터뷰에서 "현재까지 6번째이자 가장 오래 지속된 COVID 급증에서 벗어나고 있다"며 "많은 루이지애나인들이 최근 COVID-19에 걸렸고, 여전히 주 전역에 높은 전염률을 보이고 있습니다"라고 말했습니다. 많은 주민들이 최신 부스터 샷을 애타게 기다리고 있었습니다.“
"We're still coming down from our sixth and longest-enduring [COVID] surge to date," Louisiana Department of Health public information officer Mindy Faciane told VOA. "Many Louisianians recently had COVID-19, and there's still high transmission across the state. Many of our residents had been anxiously awaiting an updated booster shot."

누구를 목표로 할까요?
Who to target?

미국 내 코로나바이러스 감염증(코로나바이러스)이 7월 하루 만에 227,000건으로 여름 최고치를 기록했습니다. 문서화된 전송은 그 이후로 상당히 감소했지만, 많은 경우 보고되지 않습니다. 중요한 것은 COVID-19의 원인으로 지목된 사망자가 4월 이후 매일 300에서 500명 사이를 맴돌았다는 것입니다. 이는 팬데믹이 최고조에 달했을 때 일일 평균 3,000명보다 감소한 수치입니다.
Coronavirus transmission in the United States reached a summer peak of 227,000 cases reported in a single day in July. Documented transmission has significantly ebbed since then, although many cases go unreported. Significantly, deaths blamed on COVID-19 have hovered between 300 and 500 per day since April — down from daily averages that topped 3,000 at the peak of the pandemic.

FILE - Dr. Mayank Amin draws the Moderna coronavirus booster vaccine at Skippack Pharmacy in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, Sept. 8, 2022.

파일 - Mayank Amin 박사는 9월 펜실베니아 슈웬크스빌에 있는 스키팩 약국에서 모더나 코로나 바이러스 부스터 백신을 그립니다.
 FILE - Dr. Mayank Amin draws the Moderna coronavirus booster vaccine at Skippack Pharmacy in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, Sept. 8, 2022.

이것은 많은 미국인들과 심지어 일부 건강 전문가들을 2가 부스터 샷의 중요성에 대한 의견 불일치를 남겼습니다.
This has left many Americans and even some health experts in disagreement over the importance of the bivalent booster shot.

Offit은 12세 이상의 사람은 누구나 백신을 맞아야 한다는 CDC의 권고가 불필요하다고 생각한다고 말했습니다.
Offit said he believes the CDC's recommendation that anyone over age 12 receive the vaccine is unnecessary.

"코로나 바이러스 백신이 할 수 있는 최선의 방법은 개인이 심각하고 위험한 증상을 경험하는 것을 막는 것입니다,"라고 FDA 백신 자문 위원회에서 일하고 2가 백신을 승인하는 것에 반대표를 던진 오핏은 말했습니다. "하지만 이미 이용 가능한 백신과 부스터 요법은 이미 우리 대부분에게 그렇게 하고 있습니다."
"The best any coronavirus vaccine can do is stop individuals from experiencing severe, dangerous symptoms," said Offit, who serves on the FDA Vaccine Advisory Committee and voted against authorizing the bivalent vaccine. "But the already available regimen of vaccines and boosters already does that for most of us."

예외는 노인, 심각한 건강 문제를 가진 사람들, 면역력이 손상된 사람들이라고 Offit은 설명했습니다.
The exceptions, Offit explained, are the elderly, those with serious health problems and people who are immunocompromised.

"코로나 바이러스와 독감과 같은 질병이 최악인 가을과 겨울에 접어들면서, 정말로 이익을 얻을 수 있는 이러한 위험 그룹에 2가 백신을 공급하는 데 초점을 맞춰야 합니다,"라고 그는 말했습니다.
"Heading into the fall and winter, when diseases like coronavirus and the flu are at their worst, the focus should be on getting the bivalent vaccine to these at-risk groups who will really benefit," he said.

위험에 처한 그룹에 속하지 않는 사람들에게, Offit는 추가적인 부스터들을 얻는 것은 개인적인 선택이 될 수 있다고 말했습니다. 새로운 부스터가 제공하는 보호에 대한 추가 데이터는 몇 주 동안 발표되지 않을 가능성이 높지만, 제한된 초기 연구는 업데이트된 백신이 이미 예방 접종을 받고 건강한 사람들에게 약간의 추가 보호 수준만 제공한다고 제안합니다.
For those not in at-risk groups, Offit said getting additional boosters can be a personal choice. Additional data on the protection provided by the new booster likely won't be released for weeks, but the limited early research suggests the updated vaccines provide only a modest level of additional protection for those who are already vaccinated and healthy.

오프잇은 VOA와의 인터뷰에서 "여러 차례 백신을 접종했고, 어쩌면 코로나에 걸려서 그런 방식으로 항체를 개발했다면, 당신의 저항력은 이미 높습니다,"라고 말했습니다. "다른 복용량이 여러분에게 도움이 될 수 있는 양은 미미하기 때문에, 저는 이 2가 부스터가 개인적인 선택이 될 것이라고 생각합니다."
"If you've had several doses of the vaccine, and maybe you've had COVID and developed antibodies that way, then your resistance is already high," Offit told VOA. "The amount another dose can help you is minimal … so I think these bivalent boosters become a personal choice."

의견의 스펙트럼입니다.
Spectrum of opinions

국가, 주 및 지역 보건 기관은 고위험군이 우선되어야 한다는 데 동의합니다. 하지만 대다수의 사람들은 대중들에게 2가 샷을 할 것을 촉구하고 있습니다.
National, state and local health agencies agree that high-risk groups should be prioritized. But the vast majority are urging the public at large to get the bivalent shot.

뉴올리언스 보건부의 제니퍼 아베그노 국장은 병원들이 넘쳐나고 환자들을 돌볼 충분한 병상이 없었던 유행병의 초기 시절이 어땠는지 기억하고 있습니다.
Jennifer Avegno, director of the New Orleans Health Department, remembers what it was like during the pandemic's early days, when hospitals were overwhelmed and without enough beds to care for patients.

전국적으로, 하루에 약 400명의 사람들이 코로나로 계속 사망합니다. 이것은 많은 사람들이 여전히 높은 위험에 처해 있다는 것을 분명히 상기시킵니다."라고 그녀는 VOA에 말했습니다. "우리가 일반적으로 호흡기 질환이 증가하는 겨울에 접어들면서, 우리는 예년과 같이 병원에 부담을 줄 여유가 없습니다."
"Nationally, around 400 individuals per day continue to die from COVID — a stark reminder that many are still at high risk," she told VOA. "As we head into the winter, where respiratory disease generally increases, we cannot afford to strain our hospitals as we have in previous years.

"우리는 잘 맞는 백신이 입원, 심각한 질병 및 사망에 대한 상당한 보호를 제공한다는 것을 알고 있으며, 따라서 건강 관리 능력을 보존하고 업무 중단을 줄이고 가장 취약한 사람들을 보호하기 위해, 모든 사람은 자격이 되는 즉시 부스터와 독감 백신을 맞을 것을 촉구합니다."
"We know that well-matched vaccines give significant protection against hospitalization, severe disease and death, and so to preserve health care capacity, reduce work disruptions and protect our most vulnerable, everyone is urged to get the booster and a flu vaccine as soon as they are eligible."

FILE - A sign promoting available COVID-19 vaccines stands outside a vaccination clinic in Providence, R.I., March 3, 2022.

파일 - 2022년 3월 3일 R.I.의 프로비던스에 있는 예방접종 클리닉 밖에 코로나19 백신을 홍보하는 표지판이 있습니다.
 FILE - A sign promoting available COVID-19 vaccines stands outside a vaccination clinic in Providence, R.I., March 3, 2022.

미국 전역에서, 미국인들은 스스로 결정하고 있습니다.
Across the country, Americans are deciding for themselves.

예를 들어, 유타 주 유타 카운티에서 고등학교 교사 제이슨 윈더는 VOA에 업데이트된 부스터가 없을 것이며 많은 사람들이 팬데믹 피로를 느끼기 시작했다고 말했습니다.
In Uintah County, Utah, for example, high school teacher Jason Winder told VOA he won't be getting the updated booster and believes pandemic fatigue has set in for many.

"우리는 2년 이상 코로나바이러스에 대해 이야기해왔고, 저는 사람들이 코로나바이러스에 지쳤다고 생각합니다,"라고 그는 말했습니다. "중요하지 않다는 것은 아니지만, 지금까지 2가 부스터를 타는 사람은 거의 없는 것 같습니다."
"We've been talking about the coronavirus for more than two years, and I think people are tired of it," he said. "Not that it's not important, but I think that's why so few people here are getting the bivalent booster so far."

윈더는 덧붙였습니다. "저의 경우, 비록 증상이 없더라도 코로나 양성 반응이 나왔을 경우 제 직업이 집에 머물게 하고 유급 휴가를 사용할 수 있었기 때문에 저는 초기 백신과 부스터를 맞았습니다. 그 규칙은 더 이상 시행되지 않기 때문에, 저는 이미 백신을 접종한 이후 더 이상 그것에 대해 걱정하지 않습니다."
Winder added, "For me, I got the initial vaccine and a booster because my job would have made me stay home and use my paid time off if I tested positive for COVID, even if I was asymptomatic. That rule is no longer in place, so I'm not worried about it anymore after all these doses of vaccine I've already had."

다른 미국인들은 최대의 보호를 받기 위해 새로운 백신 접종을 간절히 바라고 있습니다.
Other Americans remain eager to receive any new dose of vaccine to feel maximally protected.

인디애나주 인디애나폴리스에 촬영 회사를 소유하고 있는 프리랜서 스포츠 방송인 Aaron Scheibelhut은 이 복용량이 광고만큼 많이 되지 않은 것 같다는 것을 알아차렸음에도 불구하고, 2가 부스터를 받는 것이 여전히 그에게 우선 순위라고 말했습니다.
Aaron Scheibelhut, a freelance sports broadcaster who also owns a filming company in Indianapolis, Indiana, said even though he noticed this dose didn't seem to have been advertised as much, receiving the bivalent booster was still a priority for him.

"저는 제 일을 하기 때문에, 유급 휴가를 받지 못합니다. 위험을 감수하고 싶지 않았어요," 라고 그가 말했습니다. "게다가, 저는 이미 한 번 코로나에 걸렸고, 다시는 그런 일을 겪고 싶지 않았어요."
"Because I work for myself, I don't get paid time off. I didn't want to risk it," he said. "Plus, I already got COVID once, and I didn't want to go through that again."

코로나바이러스 감염자 수가 앞으로 몇 달 동안 증가할 것으로 예상되는 가운데, 지역 보건부서는 2가 백신 부스터에 대한 대중의 인식을 높이기 위해 최선을 다하고 있습니다.
With coronavirus case numbers expected to rise in the coming months, local health departments are doing their best to raise public awareness about the bivalent vaccine booster.

다른 많은 지역들과 마찬가지로 뉴올리언스에서도 에이브뇨는 위험에 처한 그룹에 초점을 맞추고 있다고 말했습니다.
In New Orleans, like many other locations, Avegno said there is a focus on at-risk groups.

"우리는 지역사회 보건 종사자들을 활용하여 주요 단체들과 소통하고 소식을 알리고 있으며, 더 높은 농도의 취약한 개인들과 가까운 지역사회 파트너들과 백신 행사를 계획하고 있습니다,"라고 그녀는 말했습니다. "우리의 커뮤니케이션 캠페인의 대부분은 공중 보건 혜택을 가장 많이 볼 수 있는 위험에 처한 그룹을 목표로 하는 데 초점을 맞추고 있습니다."
"We're utilizing community health workers to communicate with those key groups and to get the word out, and we're planning vaccine events with community partners close to higher concentrations of vulnerable individuals," she said. "Much of our communication campaigns are focused on targeting those at-risk groups where we'll see the biggest public health benefits."

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.