전쟁부터 서커스까지요 우크라이나 댄서들이 미국 무대에서 위안을 찾아요 > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

전쟁부터 서커스까지요 우크라이나 댄서들이 미국 무대에서 위안을 찾아요
From War to Circus: Ukrainian Dancers Find Comfort on US Stage

페이지 정보

작성자 Agence France-Presse 작성일 22-04-21 22:11 댓글 0

본문

Bingo Troupe performers, from left, Irina Nazimova, Olha Rezekina and Veronika Gabelok from Ukraine perform at the Flip Circus in Yonkers, NY, April 18, 2022.

4월 뉴욕 용커스에서 열린 플립 서커스에서 왼쪽부터 우크라이나의 이리나 나지모바, 올하 레제키나, 베로니카 가벨록이 공연을 하고 있습니다.
 Bingo Troupe performers, from left, Irina Nazimova, Olha Rezekina and Veronika Gabelok from Ukraine perform at the Flip Circus in Yonkers, NY, April 18, 2022.

- 뉴욕이요
NEW YORK —

무대 위에서, 그들은 훌라후프를 통해 춤을 추고 얼굴에 미소를 띠고 곡예를 공연합니다. 게다가 우크라이나에 있는 가족들과 고뇌에 찬 전화통화를 합니다.
Onstage, they dance through hoops and perform acrobatics with smiles on their faces. Off it, they hold anguished phone calls with family back in Ukraine.

댄서 애나와 올가는 뉴욕 근처의 서커스에서 공연하는 평온함을 발견했지만, 그들은 여전히 수천 마일 떨어진 곳에서 도망친 전쟁을 살고 있습니다.
Dancers Anna and Olga have found a sense of calm performing in a circus near New York, but they are still living the war they fled thousands of miles away.

"저는 하룻밤도 제대로 자지 못한 채 한 달을 보냈습니다. 우리는 음식을 사러 나갈 수가 없었어요. 우리는 항상 스트레스를 받고 흔들렸어요. 그것은 무서웠습니다," 라고 2월 러시아의 침공 이후 우크라이나를 떠났던 안나 스타리흐가 회상합니다.
"I spent a month without a full night's sleep. We couldn't go out to buy food — we were stressed and shaken all the time. It was scary," recalls Anna Starykh, who left Ukraine after Russia's invasion in February.

이제 21살의 이 소녀는 뉴욕 교외의 용커스에서 플립 서커스와 함께 공연을 하고 있는데, 그곳에서 그녀는 폭발에 의해 깨지 않고 잠을 잘 수 있습니다.
Now the 21-year-old is performing with the Flip Circus in the New York City suburb of Yonkers, where she can sleep without being woken by explosions.

키이우에서 4,500마일 이상 떨어진 허드슨 강둑 근처의 주차장에서 Staryk와 그녀의 친구들은 유럽과 남미 전역에서 온 동료들과 공연을 준비합니다.
More than 4,500 miles away from Kyiv, in a parking lot near the banks of the Hudson River, Starykh and her friends prepare to perform with colleagues from across Europe and South America.

무대는 그들의 성역이 되었습니다.
The stage has become their sanctuary.

"일은 진정하고 긍정적으로 지내는데 정말 도움이 됩니다,"라고 그녀는 AFP 통신에 말합니다.
"Work really helps (us) to calm down and stay positive," she tells AFP.

하지만 고향에 있는 가족에 대한 그들의 걱정은 명백합니다.
Their concern for their family members back home is palpable, though.

그들이 다음 날, 다음 주, 다음 달에 어떤 상황에 처할지 모르겠어요. 침공이 시작된 후 우크라이나를 탈출했고 부모와 형이 오데사에 살고 있는 22세의 올가 레제키나는 이렇게 말합니다.
"I don't know in which situation they will be next day, next week, next month. I cry about this," says 22-year-old Olga Rezekina, who also fled Ukraine after the invasion began and whose parents and brother live in Odesa.

레제키나와 스타릭은 2월 24일 러시아 탱크가 국경을 넘었을 때 다른 서커스 단원들과 함께 우크라이나로 돌아와 비자를 갱신한 플립 서커스 베테랑 아나스타시아 사비치와 함께 미국에 도착했습니다.
Rezekina and Starykh arrived in the United States with 20-year-old Anastasiia Savych, a Flip Circus veteran who had returned to Ukraine with other circus members to renew her visa when Russian tanks crossed the border Feb. 24.

모두 우크라이나의 서커스 아카데미인 빙고 서커스 극장의 졸업생입니다. 레제키나와 스타릭은 사비치의 남자 동료 두 명을 대신하기 위해 플립에 합류했는데, 그들은 전투에 동원되어 우크라이나에 머물렀습니다.
All are graduates of the Bingo Circus Theater, a circus academy in Ukraine. Rezekina and Starykh joined Flip to replace two of Savych's male colleagues, who were mobilized to fight and stayed in Ukraine.

침공 당일, 사비치는 기차를 타고 키이우를 떠나 폴란드로 향했습니다.
On the day of the invasion, Savych left Kyiv for Poland on the train.

"저는 수도가 이렇게 텅 빈 것을 본 적이 없습니다. 차도 없고 밖에 사람도 없어요 모든 게 닫혀있었어요. 공포 영화 속 같았어요,"라고 그녀는 AFP에 말했습니다.
"I never saw the capital so empty. No cars, no people outside. Everything was closed. It was like in a horror movie," she tells AFP.

그들의 극단에서 두 명의 다른 우크라이나 댄서들은 루마니아를 통해 도망쳤고 3월 10일 미국에서 그들과 합류했습니다.
Two other Ukrainian dancers in their troupe fled via Romania and joined up with them in America on March 10.

'문제는 백스테이지에 남겨두세요'
'Leave problems backstage'

그들은 침략 이후, 국제 연합의 추산에 의하면 우크라이나 남아 있는 500만명이 넘는 사람들이에요.
They are among more than 5 million people who have left Ukraine since the invasion, according to United Nations estimates.

"제가 이곳에 막 도착했을 때, 저는 죄책감을 느꼈습니다,"라고 그녀의 어머니는 그녀가 우크라이나에 머무르는 것으로 가족을 도울 수 없을 것이라고 그녀에게 확신시켰다고 말합니다.
"When I just arrived here, I felt guilty," says Savych, whose mother convinced her that she would not be able help the family by staying in Ukraine.

이제 그녀는 전쟁이 끝났고 "우리가 이겼다"는 말을 듣기를 기다리고 있습니다.
Now she waits to hear that the war is over and that "we won," Savych says.

저는 20살이고 전쟁에 대해 말하지 않고 젊게 있고 싶습니다,"라고 그녀는 AFP에게 말했습니다.
"I'm 20 years old and want stay young and not speak about the war," she tells AFP.

세 친구는 모두 비슷하지만 미래에 대한 다른 꿈을 가지고 있습니다.
The three friends all have similar but different dreams for the future.

"살고 안전하게 지내세요,"라고 Staryk는 그녀에게 물었을 때 말합니다. "전 세계를 여행하는 것"이라고 레제키나는 말하는 반면, 사비치는 미국에서 영원히 살기를 희망합니다.
"Live and be safe," says Starykh, when asked hers. "Traveling around the world," says Rezekina, while Savych hopes to live permanently in the U.S.

50여 년 전 멕시코에 있는 그녀의 가족에 의해 설립된 이 서커스단인 플립을 운영하는 것을 돕는 알렉사 바스케스는 공항이 폐쇄된 상태에서 우크라이나에서 여성들을 탈출시키는 것이 어려웠다고 말합니다.
Alexa Vazquez, who helps run Flip — the circus was founded by her family in Mexico more than 50 years ago — says it was difficult getting the women out of Ukraine with airports closed.

"이 소녀들이 지금 안전하게 여기 있다는 것은 우리에게, 특히 제게는 세상을 의미해요. 왜냐하면 그들은 친구고, 그들은 가족이기 때문이죠. 우리는 가능한 어떤 방법으로든 그들을 지원할 수 있습니다,"라고 그녀는 AFP에 말합니다.
"To have these girls here with right now safe means a world to us, especially to me, because they are friends, they are family. We can support them in any way possible," she tells AFP.

우크라이나 사람들은 동물들이 공연하지 않는 쇼에 여러 번 출연합니다.
The Ukrainians appear several times in the show, in which animals do not perform.

"사람들이 와서 좋은 쇼를 보고 싶어해요. 문제는 백스테이지에 남겨두셔도 됩니다."라고 레제키나는 결론짓습니다.
"People come and they want to look at a good show. You can leave your problems backstage," concludes Rezekina.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.