미얀마에서 미국 언론인에 맞설 경우 전직 직업이 관건입니다 > 사회

본문 바로가기

사회

미얀마에서 미국 언론인에 맞설 경우 전직 직업이 관건입니다
Former Job Is Key in Case Against American Journalist in Myanmar

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 21-10-15 15:40 댓글 0

본문

FILE - In this 2018 photo, Danny Fenster works out of his van that he made into a home/office in Detroit, Michigan.

파일 - 이 2018년 사진에서 대니 펜스터는 미시간주 디트로이트에 있는 자택/사무실로 만든 밴을 이용해 작업하고 있습니다.
 FILE - In this 2018 photo, Danny Fenster works out of his van that he made into a home/office in Detroit, Michigan.

 

방콕입니다.
BANGKOK —

군부 통치하의 미얀마에 거의 5개월 동안 억류되어 있던 한 미국 기자가 반년 이상 전에 일을 중단했던 뉴스서비스에 의해 행해진 것으로 알려진 범죄로 기소되었다고 그의 변호사가 금요일 말했습니다.
An American journalist detained almost five months in military-ruled Myanmar is being prosecuted for an offense allegedly carried out by a news service for which he had stopped working more than half-a-year previously, his lawyer said Friday.

대니 펜스터는 5월 24일 양곤 국제 공항에서 가족을 만나러 미국으로 가는 비행기에 탑승하려다가 억류되었습니다. 그는 미얀마의 가장 큰 도시인 양곤에 본부를 둔 온라인 뉴스 잡지인 프론티어 미얀마의 편집장입니다.
Danny Fenster was detained at Yangon International Airport on May 24 as he was about to board a flight to go to the United States to see his family. He is the managing editor of Frontier Myanmar, an online news magazine based in Yangon, Myanmar's biggest city.

언론 단체들과 미국 정부는 펜스터의 석방을 촉구했습니다. 그는 지난 2월 1일 군부가 아웅산 수치 여사를 몰아낸 이후 억류된 100여명의 기자 중 한 명입니다. 그 이후로 절반 이상이 공개되었지만, 언론은 여전히 엄격한 제한을 받고 있습니다.
Media groups and the U.S. government have called for Fenster's release. He is among about 100 journalists detained since a February 1 military takeover ousted the elected government of Aung San Suu Kyi. More than half have since been released, but the media remain under tight restrictions.

펜스터는 2020년 7월까지 온라인 뉴스 사이트 '미얀마 나우'에서 리포터 겸 카피 에디터로 일했고 그 다음 달에 '프런티어 미얀마'에 합류했습니다.
Fenster had worked until July 2020 as a reporter and copy editor for the online news site Myanmar Now and joined Frontier Myanmar the following month.

군부 장악에 대한 대중의 저항이 커짐에 따라, 미얀마 나우는 몇몇 다른 언론 매체와 함께 3월 초에 면허가 취소되었습니다. 그것은 어떤 플랫폼에서도 출판이 금지되었지만 비밀리에 온라인 상에서 계속 운영되고 있습니다.
As popular resistance to the military takeover grew, Myanmar Now, along with several other media outlets, had its license revoked in early March. It was banned from publishing on any platform but has continued to operate clandestinely online.

펜스터의 변호인 탄 자우 아웅은 금요일 재판 전 심리에서 판사가 자신의 의뢰인에게 미얀마 나우가 면허를 취소당한 후에도 군부 장악에 반대하는 단체들의 활동에 대한 이야기를 계속 게재했다고 말했습니다.
Fenster's lawyer Than Zaw Aung said the judge at Friday's pre-trial hearing told his client that after Myanmar Now had its license revoked, it continued to post stories about the activities of organizations opposed to the military takeover.

시민 불복종 운동, 피다웅수 흘루타우를 대표하는 위원회, 국민통합 정부 등 이들 단체는 모두 군대가 권력을 장악하고 불법임을 선언한 후 설립되었습니다.
Those groups – the Civil Disobedience Movement, the Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw and the National Unity Government – were all established after the army seized power and declared illegal.

그들과 접촉하여 그들의 말을 게재하는 것은 이번 달 초에 펜스터가 공식적으로 기소된 불법 연합법에 따라 2년에서 3년의 징역형에 처해질 수 있습니다.
Contacting them and publishing their words is punishable by two to three years' imprisonment under the Unlawful Associations Act, which Fenster was formally charged under earlier this month.

판사는 펜스터가 미얀마 나우의 활동과 관련하여 편집장인 고 스웨 윈과 함께 수배되었다고 말했습니다.
The judge said Fenster had been sought in connection with Myanmar Now's activities, together with its chief editor, Ko Swe Win.

펜스터는 허위 또는 선동적인 정보를 유포한 혐의로 이미 내란죄로 기소되었습니다. 그 죄는 3년 이하의 징역에 처해질 수 있습니다.
Fenster had already been charged with sedition for allegedly spreading false or inflammatory information. That offense is punishable by up to three years in prison.

그의 사건에 대한 자세한 내용은 거의 없으며, 펜스터가 수감되어 있는 인세인 교도소의 법원에서 열린 공판은 언론과 일반에 공개되지 않고 있습니다.
Details of his case are scarce, and the hearings at the court at Insein Prison, where Fenster is jailed, are closed to the press and the public.

군 대변인 Zaw Min Tun 소장은 지난 달 "대니 펜스터는 기자가 하는 일 이상의 일을 했습니다."라고 말했습니다. 그는 자세히 설명하지 않았습니다.
Military spokesman Major General Zaw Min Tun said last month that "Danny Fenster did more than just what a journalist does." He did not elaborate.

검찰이 대니가 프론티어에 합류하기 위해 7개월 전에 사임했던 2021년 3월에 미얀마 나우에서 일했다고 주장하는 것은 여전히 실망스러운 일입니다," 라고 금요일 미얀마 프론티어 편집장인 토마스 킨이 문자 메시지에서 말했습니다.
"It is disappointing that the prosecution is still alleging that Danny was working for Myanmar Now in March 2021, when in reality he had resigned seven months earlier to join Frontier," Thomas Kean, Frontier Myanmar's editor-in-chief, said Friday in a text message.

"왜 그가 애초에 체포되지 말았어야 했는지, 그리고 왜 그가 집으로 돌아갈 수 있도록 즉시 기소 취하되어야 하는지 다시 한번 강조합니다."
"It just underscores again why he should never have been arrested in the first place, and why the charges should be dropped immediately so he can go home to his family."

탄 자우 아웅 변호사는 10월 27일 다음 법원 회기에서 판결이 예상됨에 따라, 피고측과 검찰 모두 저항세력 사건에서 보석이 허용되어야 하는지에 대한 그들의 주장을 제출했다고 말했습니다. 그는 펜스터가 건강하다고 말했습니다.
Lawyer Than Zaw Aung said defense and prosecution both submitted their arguments on whether bail should be allowed in the sedition case, with a ruling expected at the next court session on October 27. He said Fenster was in good health.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 사업자번호 : 137-61-56937 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 16 완원빌딩 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.