재영 탈북민, 영국 총리 관저 공식 만찬 참석…“꿈만 같아” > 정치

본문 바로가기

정치

재영 탈북민, 영국 총리 관저 공식 만찬 참석…“꿈만 같아”
North Korean defectors in England attend an official dinner at the British Prime Minister's official residence..."It's like a dream"

페이지 정보

작성자 박승혁 작성일 22-12-01 20:45 댓글 0

본문

리시 수낙 영국 총리가 29일 총리 관저에서 영국 기독교계 인사들을 초청한 대림절 만찬을 열었다며 트위터에 사진을 공개했다. 사진 = UK Prime Minister / Twitter

리시 수낙 영국 총리가 29일 총리 관저에서 영국 기독교계 인사들을 초청한 대림절 만찬을 열었다며 트위터에 사진을 공개했다. 사진 = UK Prime Minister / Twitter
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak released a photo on Twitter on the 29th, saying that he held a Daelim Day dinner at the prime minister's residence that invited British Christian figures. Picture

영국 총리실이 대림절을 기념하는 공식 만찬에 탈북민 출신 북한 인권운동가를 초청했습니다. 이 탈북민은 직접 총리를 만난 것이 꿈만 같다며 민주주의 국가의 중요성을 다시 한 번 느끼는 계기가 됐다고 말했습니다. 박승혁 기자가 보도합니다.
The British Prime Minister's Office invited North Korean human rights activists from North Korea to an official dinner celebrating Daelim Day. The North Korean defector said that meeting the prime minister in person was like a dream and that it was an opportunity to feel the importance of a democratic country once again. Reporter Park Seung-hyuk reports.

북한을 탈출해 영국에 정착한 탈북민이 지난달 29일 영국 총리 공관에서 열린 공식 만찬에 초청을 받아 리시 수낙 총리와 만났습니다.
A North Korean defector who escaped from North Korea and settled in Britain met with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak at an official dinner held at the British Prime Minister's official residence on the 29th of last month.

영국 의회에 근무하며 최근 지방선거에도 출마했던 티머시 조 씨는 “며칠 전 총리실로부터 대림절 만찬(Advent Reception)에 참석해달라는 초청을 받고 행사에 참석했다”고 30일 VOA에 말했습니다.
Timothy Cho, who served in the British parliament and recently ran for local elections, told VOA on the 30th that she was invited by the Prime Minister's Office to attend the Advent reception a few days ago.

이날 행사는 수낙 총리가 영국 기독교계 인사들 20여명을 초청해 이뤄졌습니다.
Prime Minister Sunak invited about 20 British Christians to the event.

영국 총리실은 트위터 계정을 통해 이번 주가 “성탄절 그리스도의 탄생을 준비하는 대림절 첫 주”라며 만찬이 열린 사실을 전했습니다.
The British Prime Minister's Office reported on its Twitter account that the dinner was held this week, saying it was "the first week of Advent preparing for the birth of Christmas Christ."

[영국 총리실 트위터] “It's the first week of Advent, the season of preparation for the Nativity of Christ at Christmas. Yesterday the Prime Minister welcomed Christian leaders to Downing Street, thanking them for the compassion and service they bring to communities and congregations across the UK.”
[British Prime Minister's Office Twitter] "크리스마스에 그리스도의 탄생을 준비하는 계절인 재림의 첫 주입니다. 총리는 어제 기독교 지도자들이 영국 전역의 지역사회와 집회에 제공하는 연민과 봉사에 감사하며 다우닝가에 온 것을 환영했습니다."

총리실은 “어제 총리가 관저에서 기독교 지도자들을 맞이했다”며 “총리는 영국 전역의 지역 사회와 신도들에 대한 그들의 열정과 봉사에 감사했다”고 밝혔습니다.
The Prime Minister's Office said yesterday that the Prime Minister greeted Christian leaders at his residence, and that he thanked them for their passion and service to communities and believers throughout the UK.

29일 리시 수낙 총리의 대림절 만찬에 참석한 티머시 조 씨가 총리 관저 입구에서 사진을 찍었다. 사진 = 티머시 조.

29일 리시 수낙 총리의 대림절 만찬에 참석한 티머시 조 씨가 총리 관저 입구에서 사진을 찍었다. 사진 = 티머시 조.
Timothy Cho, who attended Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's Daelim Day dinner on the 29th, took a picture at the entrance of the prime minister's official residence. Photo = Timothy Joe.

그 동안 영국 전역에서 북한 정권의 종교 탄압과 북한 인권 실태를 알리는 데 앞장서온 조 씨는 탈북민으로서 영국 총리를 직접 만난 것이 “마치 꿈만 같다”고 말했습니다.
Cho, who has been at the forefront of promoting the North Korean regime's religious repression and human rights conditions across the United Kingdom, said meeting the British prime minister in person as a North Korean defector was "like a dream."

[녹취: 재영 탈북민 티머시 조 씨] “만약 내가 북한에 살았으면 김씨 가문의 초청을 평생 한번이라도 받아봤을까? 초청은커녕 오히려 저는 버림을 받았고, 어느 탄광에서 죽었을지 모른다는 생각이 들었어요. 그러는 동시에 민주주의 국가의 중요성을 다시 한번 느끼는 계기가 된 것 같아요.”
[Recording: Jaeyoung North Korean defector Timothy Cho] "If I lived in North Korea, would I have been invited by the Kim family at least once in my life?" Far from being invited, I was abandoned, and I thought I might have died in a coal mine. At the same time, I think it was an opportunity to feel the importance of a democratic country once again."

조씨는 이날 만찬에서 수낙 총리와 인사를 나눴으며, 총리는 제러미 헌트 재무장관으로부터 자신에 관한 얘기를 들었다는 말을 했다고 전했습니다.
Cho said he greeted Prime Minister Sunak at the dinner, and that the prime minister said he had heard about him from Treasury Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

[녹취: 재영 탈북민 티머시 조씨] “총리님과 악수할 때 (헌트) 재무장관님이 옆에 계셨는데 총리가 ‘이 분이 당신에 관해 얘기 많이 했다’고 하더라고요. 의미가 있죠. 몇 천만 인구 중에 단 20여 명만 뽑혀서 간 거니까”
[Recording: Jaeyoung North Korean defector Timothy Cho] "When I shook hands with the prime minister, the finance minister (Hunt) was next to me, and the prime minister said, 'He talked a lot about you.' It's meaningful. "Only 20 out of 10 million people were selected."

헌트 장관은 지난 7월 ‘국제 종교와 신념의 자유 콘퍼런스’에 조 씨가 토론자로 참여해 북한의 종교 탄압 실태를 전할 당시 사회를 맡았었습니다.
Minister Hunt hosted the International Conference on Freedom of Religion and Belief in July when Cho participated as a debater and delivered the status of North Korea's religious suppression.

당시 조씨는 탈북 실패 후 북한 감옥에서 종교와 신념을 유지한 덕분에 살아났다며 참석자들에 북한 주민들에게 더 많은 신경을 써달라고 당부한 바 있습니다.
At the time, Cho told participants to pay more attention to North Koreans, saying that he survived thanks to his maintenance of religion and faith in North Korean prisons after his failure to defect to the North.

조 씨가 총리 관저를 방문한 것은 이번이 두 번째입니다.
This is the second time Cho has visited the prime minister's residence.

앞서 지난 1월 홀로코스트(유대인 대학살) 추모의 날에 총리실 초청으로 관저를 방문했지만 당시엔 총리와의 직접 만남이 성사되지 않았습니다.
Earlier in January, he visited the official residence at the invitation of the Prime Minister's Office on the Holocaust Memorial Day, but no direct meeting with the Prime Minister took place at that time.

또 다른 재영 탈북민 박지현 씨가 7월에 총리 관저를 방문했지만 역시 총리와의 직접 만남은 성사되지는 않았습니다.
Another North Korean defector, Park Ji-hyun, visited the prime minister's official residence in July, but no direct meeting with the prime minister was held.

VOA 뉴스 박승혁입니다.**
I'm Park Seunghyuk from VOA News.**

출처 : VOA한국

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.