[인터뷰: 태영호 의원] "미국서 첫 국정감사, 북한 관리들에 큰 충격과 희망 줄 것" > 정치

본문 바로가기

정치

[인터뷰: 태영호 의원] "미국서 첫 국정감사, 북한 관리들에 큰 충격과 희망 줄 것"
[Interview: Rep. Tae Youngho] "First parliamentary audit in the United States, shocking and hopeful North Korean officials".

페이지 정보

작성자 김영권 작성일 21-10-14 05:00 댓글 0

본문

북한 외교관 출신의 태영호 한국 국회의원.

북한 외교관 출신의 태영호 한국 국회의원.
South Korean lawmaker Tae Young-ho, a former North Korean diplomat.

북한 외교관 출신인 한국의 태영호 의원이 현재 동료 의원들과 워싱턴의 한국대사관 등 주요 공관을 순회하며국정감사를 하고 있습니다. 탈북민 출신 국회의원이 미국에서 국정감사를 하는 것은 이번이 처음인데요. 태 의원은 13일 VOA와의 인터뷰에서 이런 한국의 포용성이 북한 관리들에게 큰 충격과 함께 희망도 줄 것이라고 말했습니다. 김영권 기자가 태 의원을 인터뷰했습니다.
South Korea's Tae Young-ho, a former North Korean diplomat, is currently touring major diplomatic missions such as the South Korean Embassy in Washington with fellow lawmakers for parliamentary audits. This is the first time a former North Korean defector-turned-member has conducted a parliamentary audit in the United States. In an interview with VOA on the 13th, lawmaker Tae said that South Korea's inclusion will shock North Korean officials and give them hope. Reporter Kim Young-kwon interviewed lawmaker Tae.

기자) 북한 외교관 출신으로 한국 국회의원이 되셔서 이곳 워싱턴의 한국 대사관 등 한국 외교공관에 대한 국정감사를 하고 계십니다. 감회가 남다르실 것 같습니다.
A former North Korean diplomat and a member of the South Korean National Assembly, he is conducting a parliamentary audit of the South Korean diplomatic missions here in Washington, including the South Korean Embassy. I think you'll feel different.

태 의원) “제가 전직 북한 외교관이다 보니까 결국 이제는 입장이 완전히 바뀌어서 국회의원이 돼서 한국 대사관에 와 국감을 하다 보니 아직 현실이 잘 믿어지지 않습니다. 이번 국감을 실제로 해 보면서 한국이 가진 외교 역량을 다시 한 번 느끼는 아주 좋은 기회가 된 것 같습니다.”
Rep. Tae) "Since I am a former North Korean diplomat, my position has changed completely and now I am a member of the National Assembly and come to the South Korean Embassy for parliamentary inspection, so I still can't believe the reality. I think it was a very good opportunity to feel Korea's diplomatic capabilities once again while actually conducting this parliamentary inspection."

기자) 북한 엘리트 출신 일부 탈북민들은 태 의원님이 미국에서 국정감사를 한다는 것 자체가 평양의 북한 간부들에게 또 하나의 충격일 것이라고 말합니다.
Reporters) Some North Korean defectors from the North Korean elite say that the fact that lawmaker Tae is conducting a parliamentary audit in the United States would be another shock to North Korean executives in Pyongyang.

태 의원) “그렇죠. 제가 한국에 온 지 5년밖에 안 됐습니다. 그런 짧은 시간이지만 제가 국회의원이 되고 한국 최고의 행정기관 중 하나인 재외 공관까지 국감을 한다는 것은 그만큼 우리 대한민국이 얼마나 포용적이고 열린 사회인지, 그리고 앞으로 미래를 향해 던질 수 있는 메시지는 앞으로 통일이 된다면 남과 북이 다 같이 북에 있는 고위 공직자나 외교관 등 행정직에 있는 사람들도 통일된 하나의 정부 밑에서 다 같이 일할 수 있다는 좋은 메시지를 보낼 수 있을 것 같습니다.”
Congressman Tae) "Right. It's only been five years since I came to Korea. "It's a short time, but being a member of the National Assembly and serving as one of Korea's top administrative agencies, I think we can send a good message about how inclusive and open our Republic of Korea is and how many high-ranking officials and diplomats in the North can work together under a unified government."

기자) ‘국정감사’라는 말 자체가 북한에는 좀 생소할 것 같습니다. 어떤 일을 하는 것인지 잠시 소개해 주시죠
Reporters) The word "government audit" itself seems a little unfamiliar to North Korea. Please introduce what you're doing.

태 의원) “네, 북한 사람들에게 알기 쉽게 이야기하려면 우리는 국정감사라고 하고 입법기관이 하는데, 북한에도 이와 비슷한 일을 합니다. 북한에서는 국정감사라고 하지 않고 당 조직지도부 검열이라고 합니다. 그 내용에 대해서는 같은 점도 있고 좀 다른 점도 있습니다. 북한에서 중앙당 조직지도부가 대사관을 검열한다고 하면 일단 암행어사가 나온 것처럼 다 부들부들 떱니다. 최고의 권력을 가진 사람들이 하는 거니까. 북한 당 조직지도부의 검열, 즉 국정감사는 징계권과 인사권이 있어요. 그 자리에서 잘못하면 목을 칩니다. 그런데 그 일을 제가, 대한민국에 와서 국회의원이 된 내가 한다고 하면 아마 북한에 있는외교관들이나 고위 엘리트들에게는 큰 충격일 겁니다.
Rep. Tae) "Yes, in order to talk to North Koreans easily, we call it a parliamentary audit and a legislative body does something similar to that in North Korea. In North Korea, it is not called a parliamentary audit, but a censorship of the party's organizational leadership. There are some similarities and some differences in the content. When the central party's organizational leadership censors the embassy in North Korea, it trembles as if a secret royal inspector came out. It's done by people with the best power. The censorship of the North Korean party's organizational leadership, that is, the parliamentary audit, has the right to discipline and personnel. If you do something wrong on the spot, you will hit your neck. But if I, who came to South Korea and became a member of the National Assembly, do it, it will probably be a big shock to diplomats and high-ranking elites in North Korea.

기자) 남북한의 제도적 차이가 크다는 것을 단적으로 보여줄 수도 있겠군요.
Reporter) It can be clearly shown that the institutional difference between the two Koreas is large.

태 의원) “당연하죠. 우리는 입법과 행정이 갈라져 있습니다. 입법이 행정을 견제하고 비판하는 기능이 약화되면 결국 행정력이 과도하게 집중 강화돼서 국민이 피해를 볼 수 있는 상황이기 때문에 항상 입법부가 견제 기능을 수행합니다. 반대로 북한은 입법부가 이런 감사 견제 기능을 수행하지 못하고 당이 이런 기능을 수행한다는 것은 행정에 대한 견제가 아니라 행정이 당에 무조건 복종하게 만드는 기능을 수행하는 겁니다. 결국 당에서 진행하는 조직지도부의 검열은 일반 국민의 생활을 개선하거나 전반적인 제도를 앞으로 전진시키는 기능을 수행하지 못하고 맹목적인 충성이나 무조건적인 복종! 이런 것을 더 강화하는 수단으로 작용하고 있는 겁니다.”
Congressman Tae) "Of course. We are divided between legislation and administration. If legislation weakens the function of checking and criticizing administration, the legislature will always perform a check function because the administrative power will eventually be excessively concentrated and damage the people. On the contrary, North Korea's legislature's failure to perform this audit check function and the party's performance of this function is not a check on the administration, but a function that makes the administration obey the party unconditionally. In the end, the censorship of the organizational leadership conducted by the party fails to improve the lives of the general public or to move the overall system forward, blind loyalty and unconditional obedience! It's acting as a means of further strengthening this."

기자) 북한의 인권 개선에 특히 관심이 많으신데, 이번 국감에서도 이에 대해 언급하셨나요?
Reporter) You are particularly interested in improving human rights in North Korea, did you mention this in this parliamentary inspection?

태 의원) “당연히 언급했죠. 저희가 11일에 주 유엔대표부를 국정감사했습니다.주 유엔대표부는 크게 세 가지 기능을 수행합니다. 평화의 기능, 개발의 기능, 인권의 기능! 그런데 유엔총회 제3위원회에서 인권 문제를 다루는데, 올해에도 북한인권결의안이 나올 겁니다. 그래서 주 유엔 대표부를 국정감사할 때 이번 유엔 북한인권결의안 공동제안국에 한국 정부가 참여하냐 안 하냐! 안 하면 왜 안 하느냐에 대해 질의했습니다. 인권은 결국 보편적 가치다! 인간의 경제·사회적 권리와 함께 정치·시민적 권리 등 두 축의 권리를 한국 정부가 균등하게 대해야 하는데, 지금 정부 들어서 인권의 A규약이라고 하는 북한 주민들의 정치적·시민적 권리에 대해서는 외면하고, 선진국이 주축이 돼서 진행하는 북한인권결의안 공동제안국에도 참여하지 않는 것은 전 세계 앞에서 우리 정부가 인권의 보편적 가치에 충실한다는 이미지를 보여주지 못하는 매우 바람직하지 않은 상황이라고 했습니다. 그러면서 올해 북한인권결의안에 공동제안국으로 참여하라고 강하게 요구했는데, 제 판단에는 또 참여하지 않을 것 같습니다.
Congressman Tae) "Of course I mentioned it. On the 11th, we conducted a parliamentary audit of the U.N. delegation.The State UN mission performs three main functions. The function of peace, development, and human rights! But the 3rd Committee of the UN General Assembly deals with human rights issues, and North Korean human rights resolutions will come out this year as well. So, when conducting a parliamentary audit of the U.N. delegation, whether the South Korean government will participate in the joint proposal for the U.N. human rights resolution in North Korea or not! If I don't, I asked why I don't. Human rights are universal values after all! The South Korean government should treat two rights equally, including human economic and social rights, but it is not desirable for the government to ignore the political and civic rights of North Koreans, the A protocol, and not participate in the joint North Korean human rights resolution. At the same time, I strongly demanded that I participate in this year's North Korean human rights resolution as a joint proposal country, but I don't think I will participate again in my judgment.

기자) 말씀하신 뉴욕의 유엔 한국대표부 지척에 북한 대표부도 있습니다. 옛 동료들이 있어서 감회가 남달랐을 것 같은데, 어떠셨나요?
Reporter) There is also a North Korean delegation near the United Nations' South Korean delegation in New York. You must have felt differently because you had old colleagues. How was it?

태 의원) “네, 제가 주 유엔대표부를 국감하던 곳에서 불과 100m 안팎에 북한 대표부가 있습니다. 거기에는 김성 대사를 비롯해 제가 다닌 국제관계대학 동문도 있고, 외교부에서 지난 시기 저와 같이 근무했던 후배들도 많이 나와 근무하고 있습니다. 물론 그들이 유엔이라는 큰 국제기구에서 일하기 때문에 아마 속으로는 북한의 현 정책이 무엇이 잘못됐고 이런 것을 다 알고 있지만, 체제에 복종할 수밖에 없는 그런 그들의 심정! 그 마음을 제가 충분히 이해하고요. 그래서 제가 조현 대사 등 한국 외교관들에게 유엔 청사에서 북한 외교관들과 조우할 기회가 생기면 같은 동포로서 그들에게 따뜻하게 대해달라고 부탁도 했습니다.”
Congressman Tae) "Yes, there is a North Korean delegation only about 100 meters from where I parliamentaryized the state UN delegation. In addition to Ambassador Kim Seong, there are alumni of the University of International Relations that I attended, and many juniors who worked with me in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs last year are working. Of course, because they work for a large international organization called the United Nations, they probably know all about what's wrong with North Korea's current policy, but they have no choice but to obey the system! I fully understand that feeling. So I asked South Korean diplomats, including Ambassador Cho Hyun, to treat them warmly as the same compatriot when I had a chance to meet with North Korean diplomats at the UN building."

기자) 끝으로 북한 주민들, 특히 청년들이 경제난뿐 아니라 반동사상문화배격법, 청년교양보장법 등을 통해 어느 때보다 기본 권리가 침해당하고 있다는 우려가 국제사회에서 계속 나옵니다. 과거 이 문제에 관해 강하게 문제를 지적하셨는데, 어떻게 보십니까?
Reporters) Finally, there are concerns in the international community that North Koreans, especially young people, are being violated more than ever through the Reincarnation Culture Rebellion Act and the Youth Education Security Act. You have strongly pointed out this problem in the past, what do you think?

태 의원) “지금 김정은 남매가 제일 걱정하는 것은 향후 이 통치를 30년, 40년 그들이 자연사할 때까지 유지하려고 하는데, 이 점에서 다른 것은 다 극복할 수 있지만, 극복할 수 없는 것이 인간의 생리적 한계점과 변화입니다. 그런데 지금 북한 시스템을 유지하는 김정은 주변의 북한 지도층 평균 나이는 다 60대입니다. 그럼 이들이 다 퇴직하면 그 뒤를 이어가야 할 북한의 2030세대가 결국 북한의 미래를 이끌어 가야 하는데 지금 연결이 되지 않고 있습니다.
Tae) "What Kim Jong-un and his siblings are most worried about now is to maintain this rule for the next 30, 40 years until they die naturally, and in this regard, everything else can be overcome, but what cannot be overcome is human physiological limitations and changes." However, the average age of North Korean leaders around Kim Jong-un, who maintains the North Korean system, is all in their 60s. Then, if they all retire, North Korea's 2030 generation, which will have to follow, will eventually lead the future of North Korea, but it is not connected now.

기자) 왜 그런가요?
Reporter) What's wrong?

태 의원) 북한의 2030세대는 아시다시피 아이 때부터 한국 드라마나 영화를 보고 자랐기 때문에 북한 체제에 대한 어떤 연대 의식이나 공통 의식을 갖고 있지 않아요. 그래서 김정은도 어떡하든 연결 고리를 만들려고 하는데, 제 생각에는 접근 방식이 틀렸다고 봅니다. 여러 법을 만들어서 형사 처벌을 가하는 방법으로 그들을 미래와 연결시키려고 하는 것은 대단히 잘못된 접근법이라고 생각합니다. 결국 방도는 하나밖에 없지 않을까요? 인간이 갖고 있는 모든 속성, 자유! 이런 권리를 존중하는 방도 밖에는 다른 강압적인 방법을 써서는 지속가능한 미래를 담보할 수 없다고 생각합니다.
Rep. Tae) As you know, North Korea's 2030 generation has no sense of solidarity or common sense of the North Korean system because they grew up watching Korean dramas or movies since they were children. So Kim Jong-un is trying to make a link somehow, but I think the approach is wrong. I think it's a very wrong approach to try to connect them to the future by creating multiple laws and imposing criminal penalties. I guess there's only one way. All human attributes and freedom! I think we can guarantee a sustainable future by using other coercive methods other than respecting these rights.

아웃트로) 지금까지 북한 외교관 출신으로 워싱턴의 한국 대사관 등 주미 한국 외교 공관에서 첫 국정감사를 하는 한국 국민의힘 소속 태영호 의원을 통해 남북한 제도의 차이와 소회 등을 들어 봤습니다. 인터뷰에 김영권기자였습니다.
Outro) So far, I've heard about the differences and thoughts between the two Koreas' systems through Tae Young-ho, a former North Korean diplomat and a member of the South Korean diplomatic mission in Washington and other U.S. I was reporter Kim Young Kwon in the interview.

출처 : VOA한국

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.