세레나 윌리엄스의 영향은 은퇴 후 오래 후에 느껴질 것입니다. > 문화

본문 바로가기

문화

세레나 윌리엄스의 영향은 은퇴 후 오래 후에 느껴질 것입니다.
Serena Williams’ Impact to be Felt Long After Retirement

페이지 정보

작성자 Reuters 작성일 22-09-03 00:21 댓글 0

본문

Serena Williams reacts during a match against Ajla Tomljanovic, of Australia, during the third round of the US Open tennis championships, Sept. 2, 2022, in New York.

세레나 윌리엄스가 2022년 9월 2일 뉴욕에서 열린 US 오픈 테니스 선수권 대회 3라운드 동안 호주의 아즐라 톰랴노비치와의 경기에서 반응하고 있습니다.
 Serena Williams reacts during a match against Ajla Tomljanovic, of Australia, during the third round of the US Open tennis championships, Sept. 2, 2022, in New York.

세레나 윌리엄스는 금요일에 열리는 US 오픈에서 그녀의 빛나는 경력의 마지막 경기가 될 수도 있지만 그녀가 20년 동안 지배했던 경기에 미친 영향은 앞으로 몇 세대에 걸쳐 느껴질 것입니다.
Serena Williams was eliminated from the U.S. Open on Friday in what may be the last match of her illustrious career but the impact she had on the game she dominated for over two decades will be felt for generations to come.

언니 비너스 이후 1995년 프로에 데뷔한 윌리엄스는 이 게임에서 가장 시장성이 높은 스타 중 한 명입니다. 그녀는 많은 기업 파트너를 가지고 있으며 2019년에 포브스가 선정한 미국에서 가장 부유한 자수성가한 여성 목록에 오른 최초의 운동선수가 되었습니다.
Williams, who made her professional debut in 1995 a year after her older sister Venus, has been one of the game's most marketable stars. She has a slew of corporate partners and in 2019 became the first athlete to land on Forbes' list of America's richest self-made women.

언니 비너스와 함께 US오픈 복식 대회에서도 패한 윌리엄스(40)는 지난달 보그 기사에서 "테니스에서 벗어나 진화하고 있다"며 인스타그램 게시물에서 "카운트다운이 시작됐다"고 덧붙였습니다.
Williams, 40, who also lost in the U.S. Open doubles competition alongside sister Venus, said in a Vogue article last month that she was "evolving away from tennis" and added in an Instagram post that "the countdown has begun."

윌리엄스는 마지막 대회가 언제인지 정확히 밝히지 않았지만, US 오픈 주최측은 월요일 1라운드 경기가 끝난 후 정교한 작별 세리머니로 그녀를 맞이했습니다.
While Williams has not stated precisely when her last tournament is, U.S. Open organizers feted her with an elaborate farewell ceremony after her first-round match on Monday.

윌리엄스는 강력한 서브, 그라운드 스트로크, 뛰어난 운동 능력의 치명적인 혼합으로 여자 테니스에 혁명을 일으켰고 가장 최근인 2017년에 그랜드 슬램 타이틀을 23개 수집하여 오픈 시대에 가장 성공적인 선수가 되었습니다.
Williams revolutionized women's tennis with a lethal mix of powerful serves, groundstrokes and superb athleticism and became the most successful player in the Open Era by collecting 23 Grand Slam titles, the most recent coming in 2017.

그 성공은 또한 2018년 U.S. 오픈 결승전에서 윌리엄스를 꺾고 4개의 메이저 중 첫 번째를 차지했고 그녀의 어린 시절 우상을 본 것을 기억하는 오사카 나오미를 포함한 테니스 선수 세대에 영감을 주었습니다.
That success also inspired a generation of tennis players, including Naomi Osaka, who beat Williams in the 2018 U.S. Open final to claim the first of her four majors and remembers watching her childhood idol.

"제가 어렸을 때, 가족 행사는 세레나와 비너스를 보는 것이었습니다," 라고 일본인과 아이티인 부모를 둔 오사카가 말했습니다.
"When I was younger, the family event would be watching Serena and Venus," said Osaka, who has Japanese and Haitian parents.

"그래서 제가 그것을 보고 있을 때, 그것이 저를 많이 밀었습니다. 저는 그들이 경기하는 것을 생방송으로 볼 수 없었지만, 그들의 연습을 볼 수 있었습니다. 저를 닮은 사람들을 보니 정말 감동적이네요."
"So when I was watching that, that pushed me a lot. I never got to watch them play live, in a match, but I've gotten to watch their practices. Seeing that, seeing people that look like me, it's definitely inspiring."

여성의 권리입니다
Women's rights

그녀의 경력 내내, 윌리엄스는 비너스를 포함한 그녀와 그녀의 가족이 주로 백인 스포츠 내에서 당한 인종차별 문화에 대해 거리낌 없이 말해왔습니다.
Throughout her career, Williams has been outspoken about the culture of racism that she and her family, including Venus, were subjected to within a predominantly white sport.

그녀의 경력의 절정기에, 윌리엄스는 2001년 그곳에서 인종차별적인 야유를 겪은 후 캘리포니아 인디언 웰스에서 열린 마키 테니스 토너먼트에 14년 동안 보이콧을 시작했는데, 이 사건으로 인해 그녀는 몇 시간 동안 라커룸에서 울었다고 말했습니다.
At the peak of her career, Williams began what amounted to a 14-year boycott of a marquee tennis tournament in Indian Wells, California, after suffering racist jeers there in 2001, an incident which she said left her crying in the locker room for hours.

2018년, 그녀는 여성 선수들이 그녀의 남성 선수들이 결코 처벌받지 않을 것들로 인해 처벌을 받는 것과 함께 성차별 문화가 스포츠에서 만연하도록 허용했다고 관계자들을 비난했습니다.
In 2018, she accused officials of allowing a culture of sexism to run rampant in the sport, with women players being penalized for things that her male counterparts would never be punished for.

FILE - Serena Williams celebrates as she defeats Russia's Maria Sharapova during the women's final match of the French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros stadium June 8, 2013, in Paris.

파일 - 세레나 윌리엄스가 2013년 6월 8일 파리의 롤랑 가로스 경기장에서 열린 프랑스 오픈 테니스 대회 여자 최종전에서 러시아의 마리아 샤라포바를 꺾으며 축하하고 있습니다.
 FILE - Serena Williams celebrates as she defeats Russia's Maria Sharapova during the women's final match of the French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros stadium June 8, 2013, in Paris.

유에스 오픈 오사카와의 최종 패배 동안 일련의 코드 위반을 받은 후, 윌리엄스는 특히 그녀가 이전의 침해로 그녀에게 점수를 빼앗긴 것에 대해 "도둑"이라고 심판에게 말한 후 폭언으로 경기를 도킹했을 때 화가 났습니다.
After being handed a series of code violations during the U.S. Open final defeat by Osaka, Williams was particularly upset when she was docked a game for verbal abuse after telling the umpire he was "a thief" for taking a point off her for a previous infringement.

"여성의 권리와 여성의 평등을 위해 싸우고 있습니다... 윌리엄스는 당시 "그는 그들이 '도둑'이라고 말했기 때문에 남자로부터 게임을 빼앗은 적이 없다"고 말했습니다.
"I'm here fighting for women's rights and for women's equality.... he's never taken a game from a man because they said 'thief,'" Williams said at the time.

테니스 선구자 빌리 진 킹은 여성 선수들에게 불이익을 주는 "이중 기준"을 폭로한 것에 대해 그녀를 칭찬한 많은 사람들 중 한 명입니다.
Tennis pioneer Billie Jean King was among many who praised her for exposing the "double standard" that disadvantages female players.

윌리엄스는 2020년 브리티시보그에 "이 사회에서 여성들은 미래의 지도자나 CEO가 될 것을 배우거나 기대하지 않는다"며 "서사가 바뀌어야 한다"고 말했습니다. 그리고 어쩌면 제 시간에 나아지지 않을 수도 있지만, 제 위치에 있는 누군가는 여성과 유색인종에게 우리가 목소리를 낼 수 있다는 것을 보여줄 수 있습니다. 왜냐하면 주님은 제가 제 목소리를 사용한다는 것을 알고 계시기 때문입니다.
"In this society, women are not taught or expected to be that future leader or future CEO," Williams told British Vogue in 2020. "The narrative has to change. And maybe it doesn't get better in time for me, but someone in my position can show women and people of color that we have a voice because Lord knows I use mine.

"저는 사람들을 지지하고 여성들을 지원하는 것을 좋아합니다. 수백만 명의 사람들이 가지고 있지 않은 목소리가 되는 것입니다."
"I love sticking up for people and supporting women. Being the voice that millions of people don't have."

윌리엄스는 또한 테니스 코트에서 패션의 경계를 넓혔는데, 아마도 2018년 프랑스 오픈에서 그녀가 빨간색 허리 밴드가 달린 가죽이 꽉 끼는 검은색 고양이 슈트를 입고 코트를 차지했을 때, 그녀는 불과 몇 달 전에 딸을 출산했을 때 그녀의 생명을 위협하는 혈전에 대처하는 데 도움이 되었다고 말했습니다.
Williams also pushed the boundaries of fashion on the tennis court, perhaps most notably at the 2018 French Open when she took the court wearing a skin-tight black catsuit with a red waistband - which she said helped her to cope with blood clots that threatened her life when she gave birth to her daughter just months earlier.

그러나 여성 선수들이 그러한 파격적인 테니스 복장을 입고 나타난다는 생각은 롤랑 가로스 설립자를 화나게 했고, 롤랑 가로스는 파리 메이저에서 그러한 복장을 금지했습니다.
The thought of women players turning up in such unconventional tennis attire, however, ruffled the Roland Garros establishment, who then banned such outfits from the Paris major.

헤리티지를 쓴 작가 하워드 브라이언트는 다음과 같습니다. 분열된 미국 흑인 운동선수들과 애국정치는 tennis.com의 보고서에서 윌리엄스의 경력은 여성과 흑인 운동선수들이 어떻게 이야기되는지에 관한 한 구분선으로 보일 것이라고 말했습니다.
Author Howard Bryant, who wrote The Heritage: Black Athletes, a Divided America, and the Politics of Patriotism, said in a report on tennis.com that Williams' career will be seen as a dividing line when it comes to how women and Black athletes are talked about.

브라이언트는 보고서에서 "그녀의 위상과 제국과 함께, 그녀는 반대 목소리와 새로운 관점을 만들었습니다,"라고 말했습니다.
"With her standing, and her empire, she's created a counter-voice and a new perspective," Bryant said in the report.

"행동을 면밀히 조사하는 방식이 바뀌었습니다. 그냥 그녀를 집단으로 공격하거나 그녀의 신체에 대해 즉흥적으로 언급할 수는 없습니다. 그녀는 어떤 훌륭한 남자 운동선수보다 키가 큽니다.
"It's changed how we scrutinize behavior. You can't just gang up on her or make off-handed comments about her body. She has the stature of any great male athlete.

100년 후, 우리가 언제 그런 변화가 일어났는지 묻는다면, 우리는 세레나로 돌아올 것입니다.“
"In 100 years, if we ask, when did that shift happen, we'll come back to Serena."

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.