90세의 Shatner는 실제 우주여행에 영감을 줍니다. > IT/과학

본문 바로가기

IT/과학

90세의 Shatner는 실제 우주여행에 영감을 줍니다.
Shatner, 90, Inspires with Real-life Space Trip

페이지 정보

작성자 Associated Press 작성일 21-10-12 21:45 댓글 0

본문

FILE - In this 1988 photo, William Shatner poses as Captain James T. Kirk while promoting the movie

파일 - 이 1988년 사진에서 William Shatner는 영화 "스타 트렉 V: 더 파이널 프론티어"를 홍보하면서 캡틴 James T. Kirk로 포즈를 취하고 있습니다.
 FILE - In this 1988 photo, William Shatner poses as Captain James T. Kirk while promoting the movie "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier."

텍사스 주, 밴 혼입니다.
VAN HORN, TEXAS —

윌리엄 샤트너가 수요일 첫 실제 우주 비행을 준비하고, 90세의 나이로 최종 국경에 진입한 최고령자가 되기 위해, 텍사스 시골의 한 우주 기지에 사는 소수의 사람들에게 경외심을 불러일으키고 있습니다.
As William Shatner prepares to be beamed up Wednesday for his first real-life spaceflight, and to become at 90 the oldest person ever to enter the final frontier, he's bringing out the awe in the small handful of people around a rural Texas spaceport.

제프 베조스의 블루 오리진에서 다른 세 명과 함께 10분간 비행하는 샤트너의 여행은 "스타 트렉"에 나오는 스타쉽 엔터프라이즈의 가상의 은하계 항해라기 보다는 1960년대의 첫 우주 발사에 더 가까울 것입니다. 하지만 그가 대기를 떠난다는 바로 그 생각은 강력합니다.
Shatner's 10-minute trip with three others on the second passenger flight from Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin will be more like the first space launches of the 1960s than the fictional galactic voyages of the Starship Enterprise on "Star Trek," but the very idea of him leaving the atmosphere is powerful.

이제는 커크 선장이 실제로 우주로 갈 때입니다. 저는 그것에 대해 좀 흥분돼요," 라고 25마일 떨어진 블루 오리진 우주공항 시설의 존재로 인해 변모한 서부 텍사스의 황량한 사막 목장에 약 1,800명의 사람들이 사는 시골 마을 반 혼의 베키 브루스터가 말했어요.
"It's time Captain Kirk actually physically got up into space. I'm kind of excited about that," said Becky Brewster, mayor of Van Horn, a rural town of about 1,800 people on what was once desolate desert ranchland in far West Texas that has been transformed by the presence of the Blue Origin spaceport facilities 25 miles away.

평생 "스타 트렉" 팬이었던 이 시장은 출시 현장에 초대받지 못한 것에 실망했지만 어쨌든 그 순간을 즐기고 있다고 말했습니다. 그녀는 뒤뜰에서 라이브스트림 재생을 시청할 계획입니다.
The mayor, a lifelong "Star Trek" fan, said she was disappointed she wasn't invited to the launch site but is savoring the moment anyway. She's planning to watch from her backyard with the livestream playing.

"그와 스팍은 제가 우주와 공상 과학 소설, 그리고 다른 모든 것에 관심을 갖게 한 사람들입니다,"라고 브루스터는 말했습니다. "그래서, 중학교 때부터 지금까지 윌리엄 샤트너가 실제로 우리 마을에서 우주로 가기 위한 준비를 하고 있는 곳까지요. 지금 저한테는 동그라미 같은 느낌이에요."
"He and Mr. Spock were the ones that got me interested in space and science fiction and and everything else," Brewster said. "So, from junior high age up to now where William Shatner is actually in our town fixing to go up into space. You know, it's kind of like the whole circle now for me."

그의 유명인의 정체성을 넘어, 샤트너가 그의 나이에 우주 공간에 묶여 있는 것은 가까운 관찰자들에게는 즐거운 일입니다.
Beyond his celebrity identity, Shatner being space-bound at his age is a kick for close observers.

로스엔젤레스 음식회사에서 바텐더로 일하고 있는 조셉 배라는 텍사스 외딴 발사장에서 특이한 일을 하고 있다는 소식만 들었습니다.
Joseph Barra, who works as a bartender for a Los Angeles catering company, heard only that he was getting an unusual gig at a remote Texas launch site.

전 그만 둘래요. 날 우주로 데려갔어요 다른 건 전혀 몰랐습니다."라고 바라가 말했습니다. "그리고 나서 들은 것이라곤 그들이 90세의 노인을 우주로 보낼 거라는 소리뿐이었어요. 그리고 전 마치, 이런, 그건 격렬하게 들리네요. 예를 들어, 누군지 궁금하군요. 그리고 현장에 도착해서 저는 "윌리엄 샤트너입니다.“
"I'm like stop. You had me at space. Had no clue what else," Barra said. "And then all I heard was their gonna send some 90-year-old man into space. And I'm like, Dang, that sounds intense. Like, I wonder who that is. Then you get in site and I'm like, Oh, it's William Shatner."

Barra는 Shatner와 그의 동료들에게 음료를 대접한 경험은 비현실적이었다고 말했습니다.
Barra said the experience of serving drinks to Shatner and his crew mates has been surreal and then some.

우리는 어떤 의미에서 우주를 유명하게 만들고, 모든 사람들에게 우주로 가는 꿈을 심어준 사람을 보고 있습니다."라고 배라는 말했습니다. "이제 그는 우주로 가는 사람이고 그는 막대를 세우는 사람입니다. 정말 감동적이죠. 여기 같은 사람도 있습니다. 이 사람은 90세입니다. 여러분이 몇 살이든 간에, 이 지구상에서 더 많은 것을 하고 성취해야 한다는 것을 증명합니다. 그리고 사람들에게 영감과 근원과 열망할 무언가를 줄 수 있습니다.“
"We're seeing that the man who in a sense like made space popular or made or gave everybody dreams of going to space," Barra said. "Now he's the one going to space and he's the one setting the bar. It's inspiring. Some like here, this man is 90 years old, proving that no matter how old you are, you still have more to do and accomplish on this Earth, and you can still give people an inspiration and a source and something to aspire to."

배라는 샤트너가 무중력 상태에서 창밖으로 지구를 바라볼 계획이라고 말하는 것을 들었다고 말했습니다.
Barra said he heard Shatner say he plans to just gaze out the window at Earth during his minutes of weightlessness.

하지만 그는 좀 더 계획적인 것이 있는 것 같아요.
But he has a bit more planned apparently.

한 트위터 사용자는 화요일에 열렬한 트위터 사용자인 샤트너에게 우주에서 글을 올릴 것인지 여부를 물었습니다.
A Twitter user asked Shatner, an avid tweeter, on Tuesday whether he will post from space.

"전화를 가져올 수 없지만 미리 준비한 것이 있어요." 샤트너가 윙크 이모티콘으로 대답했다.
"I cannot bring my phone but I've prearranged a little something," Shatner replied with a wink emoji.

[[ ]]
[[ ]]

그 주 초에 그는 자신과 그의 동료 승무원들의 사진을 트위터에 올렸는데, 이것은 원래 "스타 트렉"에서 입었던 노란색 레오타드 스타일의 유니폼보다 훨씬 더 미래지향적인 것입니다.
Earlier in the week he tweeted a photo of himself and his fellow crew members in blue flight suits that are far more futuristic than the yellow leotard-style uniform he wore on the original "Star Trek."

"우리 모두 흠모하지 않나요!" 샤트너가 말했습니다.
"Aren't we all adorbs!" Shatner said.

지난 7월 블루 오리진의 첫 비행에 나섰던 베조스 역시 스타 트렉의 열렬한 팬으로 샤트너를 초대해 게스트로 초대했습니다.
Bezos, who was on Blue Origin's debut flight in July, is also a big "Star Trek" fan, and invited Shatner to take the flight as a guest.

그는 블루 오리진 캡슐에 탑승할 예정입니다. 그들 중 두 명은 급성장하고 있는 우주 관광 사업에서 돈을 지불하고 있는 고객 3명은 블루 오리진 캡슐에 탑승할 것입니다.
He'll join three others — two of them paying customers in the burgeoning business of space tourism — aboard a Blue Origin capsule.

날씨 때문에 하루 지연된 완전 자동화된 비행은 약 66마일(106km)을 넘지 않을 것입니다. 캡슐은 이륙한 곳에서 멀지 않은 사막 바닥으로 낙하산을 타고 돌아갈 것입니다.
The fully automated flight, delayed by a day due to weather, will take them no higher than about 66 miles (106 kilometers). The capsule will parachute back to the desert floor, not far from where it took off.

샤트너는 지구로 돌아오면 커크 선장으로서의 일을 다시 시작할 계획입니다.
Shatner plans to get right back to his work as Captain Kirk once he's back down to Earth.

"저는 스페이스, 인디아나 코믹 콘, 그리고 나서 선데이 위저드 월드 시카고에 있습니다."라고 그가 트위터에 올렸습니다.
"I'm doing Space, then Indiana Comic Con, & then on Sunday Wizard World Chicago," he tweeted.

출처 : VOANews

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

깨다커뮤니케이션 | 서울 서초구 방배중앙로 401호
광고 및 제휴문의 : [email protected]
Copyright © 깨다닷컴. All rights reserved.